good games no one knows of!

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
dr_scitt said:
More recently, Valkyria Chronicles. Superb game, just a shame Sega messed up with the marketing (or lack of) for it.
Agreed. It seems like nobody outside of Japan knows about it; utterly tragic considering how it turned the turn-based strategy genre on its ear.

Arcade_Fire

Mar 7, 2009
Lukeje said:
Arcade_Fire said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

From the gamecube days. Fuuuuun times.
I saw that second hand recently; is it worth getting?
It was fun for what it was - a nice, varied Third person shooter for the gamecube that didn't suck.

Dunno how it'll stack up against todays games, but it was great at the time.

Echo42

Nov 2, 2008
legend of legia for the playstation 1

if you get the chance to get your hands on this game, i suggest you get it as long as its not at an outrageous price, i loved it, you might like it, even in its age, i would still play it today if i could get a copy.

hopefully a game as interesting as it pops up in my time, would be awesome...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
galletea said:
Other than that, Chibi Robo, as I usually say in these threads it's amazing, so much fun and soooo cute.
...though short, and incredibly expensive second hand.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins for the original Gamecube.

I've only ever met two people that's ever heard of them in my entire life.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
The Original Deus Ex, although quite popular with the gaming intelligentsia (i.e. the Escapist), is not well known at all to the average gamer. I still tell people that "it's the best game you're never played." I still think it's the most intelligent game I've ever played.

b@rtje

Feb 5, 2009
what?? far cry is very well known. except you needed a computer that can rise up to the moon to play it so it got forgotten.

but armed and dangerous has it's crowd here is see so that does not really count for this topic.

i really loved Drakan:eek:rder of the flame.
i do not know if it is known but only know me and a friend of mine who played it. it looked absolutely stunning for its time and had a lot of depth to it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbuy-vt0XLo[/youtube]

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Anyone played Aquaria?
A beautiful, atmospheric, challenging and overall excellent game.
And it's cheap too.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Lukeje said:
galletea said:
Other than that, Chibi Robo, as I usually say in these threads it's amazing, so much fun and soooo cute.
...though short, and incredibly expensive second hand.
It's worth it. Although it is rather expensive, since it's rare I guess, like Ico used to be before the re-release.

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
clive barkers undying. awesome game, a little dated by todays standards, but still well worth playing if you can track down a copy.

penumbra overture and black plague. good adventure games and the only two games to come out in a long time that id actually call scary.

deception for the ps1 was interesting, dont know how many people know about it but ive never heard it mentioned by anyone ever so ill mention it now.

descent. they were popular back in the day, not sure about now though. awesome shooter though.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
Clashero said:
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Best storyline in any game, ever.
really want to play that =( but i cant cus i have a laptop lol
That's no problem, I played about half of it on my laptop and the other half on my desktop computer (I love external hard drives)

Veekter

Aug 4, 2008
Jade Cocoon, it was a glimmer of genius in an otherwise shit-filled abyss that is most jrpg's

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
There's this one that practically NO ONE has heard about, which I think is strange considering it's available everywhere, and not that difficult to find if you look. The Search Button

GehttoGamer

Mar 6, 2009
I'll say it again Silent Bomber for the ps1 go check it out and tell me its not awesome why didnt it get big i dunno its a sweet game that'll tickle any "real" gamers fancy

oh and Vagrant Story awsome take on the RPG pretty sick story too again for the psone