Good ideas gone bad

clicketycrack

Apr 6, 2009
I want to know what you think are things that are a good concept that have always been handled poorly. Anything from television to games will do.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Communism...
Pretty much /thread.

I mean, every Communist state either fails, is hated by 90% of the Earth, or turns from its Communist ways.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Superman video games. To this day, it boggles my mind that someone could possibly screw up a game about Superman, an omnipotent warrior god who can fly at the speed of light and could crack the earth in half with his small finger.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Well, there was this one time I decided to join this website called The Escapist...
Okay, serious now. Once I saw a random hot dog bun on a lunch delivery, I thought I'd have some fun with it. Turns out, someone ordered a hot dog...that was awkward. I never really have impulsive fun moments now.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
The Frostbite Gaming Engine (Battlefield Bad Company)
Taking CoD4 and applying it to WWII (World At War)
Battlefield 1943
Movies to Games
Comic Books to Movies
The Wii

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Feminism. It's basically the idea that you shouldn't be treated a certain way or have to do something just because of your gender (except for things like mammograms, prostate exams and so on.) This, if anything, we should be able to agree on, right? A woman shouldn't have to stay away from wearing pants or getting decent pay for decent work just 'cause she's a girl, and if a boy likes playing with dolls he shouldn't get picked on by all the boys who prefer toy cars, right?

And still we have women saying "I don't consider myself a feminist" which in my mind is like black people saying "I wouldn't say I'm anti-racist" or jews saying "I can't say I'm against anti-semitism." Sometimes, their motivation is "I don't see people as Men or Women, I just see them as people." Sounds nice, but won't stop injustice. It's not like getting lower pay for the same work is acceptable just because you "see them as people". Other times they don't agree with the extremists, and think that the man-hating extremists are what feminism is like, which is like thinking "All Christians want to shoot gay people, right? That's why, even though I believe Christ died for our sins, I wouldn't say I'm a Christian." (And the vast majority of us don't want to shoot gay people, me for one. My view of gayness is that it's really cool, and if God differs he'll have to accept that I have a different opinion than him and I consider him to be wrong.)