Good MMO so show my girlfriend?

Balmong7

Apr 9, 2010
So I am thinking of trying to get my girlfriend to try out an MMO with me. I don't MMO game much myself either, so I figured it would be a learning experience for both of us. What I need is something that has a decent story, and supports both Mac and PC. It also needs to be a free to play, hopefully one with a higher production value.

I will look into all suggestions I get, so thanks for the help.

Thebazilly

Jul 7, 2010
Any preferences on genre? SWTOR isn't a completely terrible game, and it kept me entertained for a while. There's a lot that you need to buy into if you're a free player, nowadays, though.

If you guys are just interested in playing together, there's also a lot of good multiplayer games out there that aren't MMOs. I have a lot of fun playing Borderlands 2 with my boyfriend.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
SWTOR is a cool game, but if you or her aren't interested in Star Wars Id say its a no go.
Rift is nice looking, free to play but its a bit clunky, especially at the start.
Aion is pretty, but also fairly clunky at times
Lord of the Rings Online has a nice story, but doesn't look all too pretty.
Neverwinter looks amazing, barely any story, and its also got more active combat.
In the end, WoW isn't free to play, but it is the best out of them, especially for beginners.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Champions Online [http://store.steampowered.com/app/9880] is a good, solid choice. It is a superhero MMORPG in the vein of City of Heroes (I'm not sure which came first, anybody who knows feel free to correct me).

Free-to-play, easy to sign up, on Steam, and has one of the greatest and most in-depth character creators I have ever seen in a video game. My brother and I had an assload of fun with it, and I'm sure you and your girlfriend will, too.

[sub]Theoretically speaking, of course.[/sub]

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
Z of the Na said:
Champions Online [http://store.steampowered.com/app/9880] is a good, solid choice. It is a superhero MMORPG in the vein of City of Heroes (I'm not sure which came first, anybody who knows feel free to correct me).

Free-to-play, easy to sign up, on Steam, and has one of the greatest and most in-depth character creators I have ever seen in a video game. My brother and I had an assload of fun with it, and I'm sure you and your girlfriend will, too.

[sub]Theoretically speaking, of course.[/sub]
City of heroes came first, and closed down all the servers like, earlier this year.