Goofy Stuff You and Your Sig Other Do

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
**EDIT DISCLAIMER*** Ok so since it's a running comment from all of you dirty pervs, I'm not asking about your sexual deviations and proclivities with your boink buddy. I'm talking about regular, safe for work, goofy stupid shit that you and your partner do.

So my wife and I are very goofy, and from the outside, we often get confused looks when we have one of our little inside jokes. So, I thought I'd share some of them, and invite others to share the goofy shift you and your partner do. Because we're all just goofy as organics floating through space.

So, my wife, when she burps, she always says the word "Biiiiitch", and actually it's more like "biiiaaaatch!" She goes low with the voice too, like bass level burp. No clue why she started doing that, but it's her default burping method now, and has been for years.

We also constantly make eye contact and do a little chin nod at each other, because of this little scene. At 1:42 roughly.

I don't know why, but we just lose it at Miles' little nod to the kid as they slooooowly slide by.

Also, we found that clip in Lego Movie 2 where Batman is getting a massage, and tells them that he carries his tortured past in his chizzled glutes to be so goofy, and now we refer to each others ass as their tortured past.

Also, whenever she sneezes, I say "Yawohl Lord Helmet!" because i've always loved the look Rick Moranis gives the trooper after he says it.

It's such a bizarre "wtf?!" look that I use it now. Partly because I feel compelled to say something to someone when they sneeze, but as an atheist, I'm not fond of saying bless you or gazhundeit, since it's basically just german for bless you. So I adopted a line from spaceballs, because why the fuck not?

So what about you? What weird shit do you and your sig other/others do that define you in your weird little relationship?

Last edited:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Uh... I really don't want to share the ridiculous things me and the missus do 'cos we'd probably be consigned to a looney bin or something.

One of the tamer things is that in public, I'll just randomly gesture pointing downwards with a relaxed (i.e. not straight) index finger. She'll invariably look (mock) horrified and jokingly smack me over the head. Then there's us just yelling "PIGEON!" or '你才是PIGEON阿!" at each other. What we do at home, however... ahem. ¬_¬

Reactions: happyninja42

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Well, I'm not partial to Sigs. I think they are overpriced for what you're getting. People will talk to you about reliability and how they will never fail, but they say the same thing for Apple. And if they are so reliable, why do we have Apple Genius Bars?

Anyway, I really like the HK P30L. It feels good in the hand, 15+1 in the chamber, nice gri...

Wait? Sig Other? As in relationships?

Oh.

Have at, off you go.

Reactions: Hawki

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Eh, some people have relationships with their Sig Sauers, but "goofy" isn't quite the word.
... It kind of is exactly the perfect word for those kind of relationships, though.

But I'm going to keep on Brand and talk about this subject.

My Ex when I studied at McGill was from China. and I mean from China. She was raised there and came to Canada for her education. We met, became interested, and started dating.

But like I said, she was from China. Not that many black people she met, let alone talked to for long. All she had was Western Media.

So she was assured I could sing. I really can't. So when I told her, she said (and I'll never forget this) "I got a broken one".

This was also mid 2000's. Where everyone was into R&B. So when there was song from a popular R&B artist, she would give me this semi disappointed look like "... See? Why can't you do that?"

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
... It kind of is exactly the perfect word for those kind of relationships, though.

But I'm going to keep on Brand and talk about this subject.

My Ex when I studied at McGill was from China. and I mean from China. She was raised there and came to Canada for her education. We met, became interested, and started dating.

But like I said, she was from China. Not that many black people she met, let alone talked to for long. All she had was Western Media.

So she was assured I could sing. I really can't. So when I told her, she said (and I'll never forget this) "I got a broken one".

This was also mid 2000's. Where everyone was into R&B. So when there was song from a popular R&B artist, she would give me this semi disappointed look like "... See? Why can't you do that?"
Kind of reminds me of people always think I could play basketball because I am 6ft 4 in, and skinny (back then anyway). And I'm just like "um, no, being tall doesn't equal B-ball skills. I hate the game, my 5 foot nothing friend can outplay me any day, because he PLAYS THE GAME.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Kind of reminds me of people always think I could play basketball because I am 6ft 4 in, and skinny (back then anyway). And I'm just like "um, no, being tall doesn't equal B-ball skills. I hate the game, my 5 foot nothing friend can outplay me any day, because he PLAYS THE GAME.
IMHO, a good response for tall people being asked if they play basketball is "No, do you play miniature golf?". Not original to me.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
IMHO, a good response for tall people being asked if they play basketball is "No, do you play miniature golf?". Not original to me.
I would usually go with "You're short, are you a good horse jockey then?" Same general theme. I would also get "gosh your tall, will you let me know when it start to rain?" i would reply "Man you're really short, will you warn me when there is an earthquake coming?" They didn't like either response usually, which was the point xD

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
My significant other is my right hand, I assure you that you don't want to know the wacky stuff we get up to.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ok, toughie, since she'd definitely not be ok with me telling most of it to strangers, or its something NSFW, or both. Got one tho.

She is really into fantasy and her favorite movies are the LotR trilogy. She also snores breathtakingly loudly for a 135-ish pound woman, but only when she's sleeping on her back (usually on the couch). So I've recently taken to teasing her about it by calling her "Snoron, the Drone Lady, the Noisemancer, Enemy of the Drowsy Peoples of Bedtime Earth, She Who Can't Not Be Heard", or "Deep in the land of Snoredor, on the Couch or the Bedroom, the Drone Lady Snoron breathed a master snore, and into this snore she poured her energy, her volume and her will to keep me the fuck awake", while doing my best hammy Christopher Lee impression. So far, she still thinks it's really funny.

Huh, that's one about black people I've never heard of before, tho as stereotypes go, it seems pretty harmless.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
**EDIT DISCLAIMER*** Ok so since it's a running comment from all of you dirty pervs, I'm not asking about your sexual deviations and proclivities with your boink buddy. I'm talking about regular, safe for work, goofy stupid shit that you and your partner do.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Huh, that's one about black people I've never heard of before, tho as stereotypes go, it seems pretty harmless.
Oh yeah. Music and Movies. In Movies, It's usually trying to make it out of the hood with their sport of choice or their musical career. Think Empire, Purple Rain, Sister Act, Brown Sugar, Idlewild... it's a few.

I was not in a hurry to dance with her after that. I'll tell you that much. ;)

... Listen, Dude. I'm only 6'2, but I get that all the time. And I HATE sports. I don't even watch them. I rather talk about comparing Primaris Marines against Vanilla Marines, but no one knows what I'm talking about.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
... Listen, Dude. I'm only 6'2, but I get that all the time. And I HATE sports. I don't even watch them. I rather talk about comparing Primaris Marines against Vanilla Marines, but no one knows what I'm talking about.
Yeah I was the same. I was more interested in talking about astronomy, or Dune, or any number of nerdy things back as a teenager/20s. Sportsball was never an interest of mine. But it got so common that I actually went out and had a tshirt airbrushed to say "NO! I do NOT play basketball!!" Just to forestall the question. It didn't work, because people decided to be trolls, and contrarian, and ask me anyway, pointing at my shirt and laughing like they were the most clever person ever. Instead they were asshole 942.

But hey, people.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Every time my now ex was cooking at my place, I'd lean over her shoulder, examine her food, and then do this. She started doing it too eventually

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
This is some cheesy shit, but me and my girlfriend argue over who loves each other more, in increasingly elaborate and bullshit ways. Usually she throws some computer science jargon at me, I throw back some industrial engineering crap, and whoever can't come up with a new "argument" loses. I pride myself on being able to come up with the the stupidest shit, so I am the reigning champion.

When we were still at the "flirting" stage, I ended up watching the Netflix version of Devilman Crybaby both because I was bored and I wanted to have something to talk about with her. After that, she recommended I watch some compilations of the dubbed series from what I can only assume were the 80s. Now we quote the absolutely bizarre dialogue from the show at each other. My personal favorite is "I'll soap ya tits for ya, WAHEYYY".

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ever since I saw the episode of The Simpsons wherein Maggie burps, and Homer says “Aww, she said ‘burlap’,” I say “BURLAAAAP” whenever I burp (followed by a polite ‘excuse me;’ I’m not a complete savage.) My girlfriend cracks up every time. She tries to do it, but apparently her burps sneak up on her, so she’s never able to catch it and opts to whisper “burlap” after the burp comes out. It’s been our crude little routine forever now, and when a friend visited a couple weeks ago, she finally broke down and asked my gf “why do you always say ‘burlap’ after you burp??” The completely reasonable explanation didn’t make it any less weird, though.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
When one of us want to diffuse an argument, we say "box, box." In Formula 1 (one of our favorite sports,) when the pit wall wants a driver to come into the pits to change tires or repair damage, they say "box, box" over the team radio in a very calm and collected tone to a driver going 180mph and cursing while trying not to die. When one of us tells the other to "box" during an argument, it means "calm down and change your attitude;" it's the indicator that we want to bring the temperature down and let shit go.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I rather talk about comparing Primaris Marines against Vanilla Marines, but no one knows what I'm talking about.
Oh joy, more fucking excessive chanting to hear in my head all the fucking time. And why is Gilliman’s life support still on? Get on to that you Cock-stodes.
—The Emperor. Probably.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I rather talk about comparing Primaris Marines against Vanilla Marines, but no one knows what I'm talking about.
I prefer old school marines (Rogue Trader 'til death! DEEEEAAAAATH!!!!), but I'm not against Primaris Marines as a concept, I like all the new vehicles/equipment etc at least as an idea if not necessarily all the designs. I know, the Age of Strife and Horus Heresy sucked, but you've had 10,000 years and you haven't been able to come up with any new shit? Bollocks. Innovation is what we do.

OT: We make weird bleaty sheep noises at each other.

If we fart in front of each other she also sings this with the lyrics replaced with

I'd rather have a box of farts and watch the evening news,
Farts, oh farts...etc