Gordon Freeman Drives Like a Mad Man in Renegade Ops

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Gordon Freeman Drives Like a Mad Man in Renegade Ops

Everyone's favorite mute physicist is back, just not the way we expected.

Owners of the Steam version of Avalanche Studio's Renegade Ops are getting a free bonus when the game releases for the PC next month: Famous rogue scientist/freedom fighter Gordon Freeman of Valve's award-winning Half-Life series will be joining up as a playable character.

In the top-down vehicular shooter, players can shoot up tanks, launch rockets and generally cause fiery mayhem while driving Gordon's stylish yellow and blue Buggy, last seen in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. Sadly, though, that was also the last time gamers were able to play as Gordon Freeman, and after Renegade it'll probably be a while before we get to do so again. At the very least, while playing as Gordon, players have the special ability to summon up hordes of Antlions to rip up unsuspecting foes.

Renegade Ops is currently available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and will be available for the PC on October 14th.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/26/steam-version-of-renegade-ops-includes-gordon-freemans-buggy-a/]

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Gordon be packing some firepower, there. The Half-Life fanboy in me says to pick this up.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Renegade Ops is fantastic.

Gordon is just the icing on the cake.

(I like the idea of bringing in Antlions.)

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
This is the most unexpected crossover since I found out the KFC Colonel was a Playable Character in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Ser Imp said:
The right van
in the wrong place
can make all the dif-fer-ence
in the World
You should be ashamed of yourself...

OT: Sorry, wait what? The AWESOME buggy from Half Life? Did I miss something because nothing about that damn thing was awesome! The driving sections were about the only thing I can criticise from Half Life 2 and the episodes. But critisise it I will!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
*reads first part of the title*
Yes! Freeman is finally with a new hl game.
*reads the rest of the title*
God damnit!

My heart jumped when I read that title. Now I'm really sad. :(
Also, that's not the buggy but The Muscle Car from episode 2.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
Ser Imp said:
The right van
in the wrong place
in the World

OT: Sorry, wait what? The AWESOME buggy from Half Life? Did I miss something because nothing about that damn thing was awesome! The driving sections were about the only thing I can criticise from Half Life 2 and the episodes. But critisise it I will!
Oh. And here I am loving HL2's driving sections, especially the first one with the dune buggy. The atmosphere along the coastline and on that highway is hauntingly good.

And Ser Imp deserves a medal for that one.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Ser Imp said:
The right van
in the wrong place
in the World

Oh. And here I am loving HL2's driving sections, especially the first one with the dune buggy. The atmosphere along the coastline and on that highway is hauntingly good.

I have nothing against the actual driving SECTIONS per se (even though that's what I said... o_O), the locations are amazing and the last level of Episode 2 is up there with my all time favourite gaming levels. It is merely the controls of the vehicle itself that grate on me. The sense of dissorientation I get when driving the thing in first person takes me out of the experience a little.

And in other news... A medal?! It's not even a van, people! Not even a van!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Eh, I'd prefer if he was in Killing Floor. He never speaks because he's ashamed of his British heritage.

DOSH

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Any opportunity to moan at Valve for the lack of Episode 3 that is not taken is an opportunity missed.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I wonder if, after losing a race, Gordon would crowbar the winner to death. It would certainly spice things up.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Ser Imp said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Ser Imp said:
The right van
in the wrong place
in the World
I know, I know
It would have been the first post, but I opened a different tab to read a message from root_of_all_evil and forgot to post it right away
Cowabungaa said:
Why thank you :)
Proverbial Jon said:
And in other news... A medal?! It's not even a van, people! Not even a van!
It's a vehicle that rhymes with man. It's about context people, people! About the context!
Context means nothing in this day and age. Now please excuse me as I must- SPARTAA!!!

OT: You're Gordon Freeman blowing up other vehicles. 'Nuff said.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Not to be pedantic, that's not the buggy. It's the jalopy. But whatever.

OT: Cool, I'll probably end up buying the game after upgrading my graphics card.