Gordon Freeman in real life?!?!

Aeviv

Jun 13, 2008
You guys know the Large Hadron Collider In Switzerland? The machine that was supposedly going to create a black hole and destory the earth? Well, no chance of that, we're always in safe hands!

Anyone else got photos of people who look just like game characters?

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
I don't think thoughs hats are really going to help much IF the Hadron implodes... But, damn, thats kind of amazing.

RavenTheBlade

Dec 29, 2007
Hang on... who built it? They wouldn't call themselves Black Mesa by any chance... if so, we're doomed.

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
Well at least we know what will happen and that its time to stock up on headcrab and combine killing equipment aka guns... and crowbars...

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
<spoiler=I Win>http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2266/2249315583_f86a617a04.jpg?v=0
Besides this thread has been done to death.

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
This is awesome, I can't wait to see the world get raped by parasitic aliens :D

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
Somebody give that guy a crowbar!

The collider is in Sweden, near Geneva, not switzerland. Is it a large collider of hadrons, or a collider of large hadrons?

Quel0

Sep 12, 2008
the 2nd picture looks like subtle photoshopping....

there's no danger to the large hadron collider... unless you expect the same astral radiation that we deal with every day to be dangerous.

how did that black hole rumor start anyway?

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
Quel0 post=9.71758.736045 said:

there's no danger to the large hadron collider... unless you expect the same astral radiation that we deal with every day to be dangerous.

I think it's because the scientists themselves have stated at some point that it might cause miniblack holes, however they also stated that they wouldn't have any effect.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Can you tell because of the pixels and that you've seen a number of photoshops in your time?

dicksmcerson

Sep 6, 2008
Quel0 post=9.71758.736045 said:

When the scientists working on it said it would create black holes

:/

To be fair, they did say "|micro black holes" that would be managable. But the fact that it will make black holes at all is somewhat worrying

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Amnestic post=9.71758.736065 said:
Can you tell because of the pixels and that you've seen a number of photoshops in your time?
Well, it's not really that hard to just put a little burn around the eyes, you can make anyone look like a sunken eyed weirdo.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
But the fact that it will make black holes at all is somewhat worrying
No. It's not. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole]

To quote directly "According to the standard calculations these are harmless because they would quickly decay by Hawking radiation."

I don't pretend to understand the physics, but I'm not really worried about microscopic black holes.