Gorgeous Grand Theft Auto Mod Gets Final Release

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Gorgeous Grand Theft Auto Mod Gets Final Release

The final version of the stunning iCEnhancer graphics mod for Grand Theft Auto IV is now available.

iCEnhancer is a remarkable mod for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Complete/dp/B006BEZQRG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342641910&sr=8-3&keywords=Grand+Theft+Auto+IV], a game that was never a stand-out beauty, even when it was fresh and new - which, by the way, was four years ago. (Yes, I know. Four freakin' years.) This mod changes all that, dramatically, and now the creator has released what he calls "the final version" as he moves on to work on other games like Minecraft and Skyrim.

iCEnhancer is on display in all its glory in the final release video, and it is a ridiculously sexy beast. Getting it installed might be a little bit tricky for the non-savvy and the mod apparently still only works properly with the 1.0.4.0 version of the game, meaning that Steam users will have to manually downgrade from the latest version. Despite this being the final release, an installer and configuration tool are promised for "later"; in the meantime, odds are that if you're still playing GTA4, you're probably hardcore enough to figure it out and get the job done.

Tricky or not, the results speak for themselves. This mod is nothing short of amazing, and after watching the video I can't imagine playing GTA4 without it. Hell, I'm thinking about reinstalling it just to give this thing a go. On a semi-related note, iCEnhancer creator Mayssam Keilany is now taking votes on what game he should turn his considerable talents to next. To cast your ballot, and of course to snag a copy of the iCEnhancer mod, head over to icelaglace.com [http://icelaglace.com/].

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Wait... what about character models? I see a lot of focus on architecture and cars (fairly static objects) but not much focus on people, combat, driving, moving around...

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
I really wanna try this, makes the game look amazing!
Alas I am not tech-savvy enough to downgrade my steam version and then trying to install the mod =[
Ah well, I'll just stick to the zombie mod I got that time, running zombies over in Times Square with a forklift truck never gets old!

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
I've always though the original graphics were very good, especially considering their age, but this is something else.

JDviewer

Mar 3, 2009
Some of those scenes looked utterly amazing. Only the NPCs gave it away sometimes, and even then it was hard to notice with the time lapse.

That aside I can't believe that GTA IV came out four years ago!

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
"It was as if millions of graphics cards suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Gotta try this out even if my PC cant handle it.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
This is downright AMAZING

such a shame that the actual game still isn't very fun to play. The weird character models would probably also ruin the immersion

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
While I'm pretty much tapped out on GTA4, I can't wait to see what this guy does to Skyrim. Also it is worth noting all those cars are mods too.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Watching this made me notice how many taxi's are in that damn city. But this is amazing, I can't believe it's out.

Four years though, damn. Time fucking flys.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I now know what I am doing this evening!

CATPCHA: case closed - Exactly

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
a game that was never a stand-out beauty, even when it was fresh and new - which, by the way, was four years ago. (Yes, I know. Four freakin' years.)
Is this this the same GTA IV as I played? Cos I thought that was (and still is) amazing looking. It's only recently that I've seen games look any better that were even nearly as big in scope.

Also, 4 years? fuck! it is indeed time for GTA V to come.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
lol still find it funny that this guy gets all this credit for this mod when literally nothing in that video was actually created by him whatsoever except maybe the lens flare since that wasn't in the original mod. The person that should be getting all the credit is Boris Vorontsov who actually created the ENB series mod but yet I have never seen anything written about him. Damn shame if you ask me considering how much the mod is getting used for dozens of games including Deus Ex Human Revolution and Skyrim.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Coreless said:
lol still find it funny that this guy gets all this credit for this mod when literally nothing in that video was actually created by him whatsoever except maybe the lens flare since that wasn't in the original mod. The person that should be getting all the credit is Boris Vorontsov who actually created the ENB series mod but yet I have never seen anything written about him. Damn shame if you ask me considering how much the mod is getting used for dozens of games including Deus Ex Human Revolution and Skyrim.
Boris is listed in the credits of the trailer. Admittedly the credits for this are done extremely poorly, but he's there.

Also, does anyone know what subgenre the music in this trailer would come under? I rather enjoyed it.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
my computer can't handle GTA4 on max settings as it is, so something like this would likely melt my computer entirely

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Does anyone know if this also fixes the ludicrous performance issues the game's half-assed Windows port had? Because, you know. Something needs to.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
As one of the few people who doesn't appreciate Minecraft's current aesthetic, I'm really looking forward to his next mod~!

Captcha: peter out