Gory Details Leak From Daredevil Season 2 Screening

JaredJones

New member
Jun 8, 2015
452
0
0
Gory Details Leak From Daredevil Season 2 Screening


Oh yes, there will be blood.

Netflix's Daredevil series has succeeded in doing far more than erasing the memory of the 2003 dud starring Ben Affleck; it's quietly and quickly become one of the best commodities that Marvel has to offer, bar none. And by introducing The Punisher and Elctra in season 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142811-Trailer-First-Look-at-Netflixs-Daredevil-Season-Two], it looks like Daredevil is primed to get even better.

That's because some Comic Con Experience attendees were treated to a first look at some footage from season two (introduced by none other Charlie Cox, Jon Bernthal and Elodie Yung) last week, and this being the internet, one of them [http://cherryvane.tumblr.com/post/134554517929/exclusive-sneak-peek-on-daredevil-season-2] went and spilled the deets. The gory, gory deets.

::::::::SPOILERS FOR DAREDEVIL SEASON TWO, OBVIOUSLY::::::::

First, allow us to set the scene. The footage opens with Matt Murdock in full Daredevil garb, searching through a meat locker for someone. Among the slabs of meat, however, hangs the bodies of a dozen or so victims.

"Matt searches the corpses with his super senses, not touching, only trying for heart beats, once he finds someone he rushes to aid the man: 'I'll take you off that' (or something like it), he says as he tries to take the barely alive man off the hook.

After succeeding, he lays the guy (that I have no idea of how he could be alive considering how badly injured the dude was) on the ground and say something along the lines 'Why did they do this to you?' In which the guy mumbles 'They? It was just a guy.' Matt stays dead silent, camera focusing on him."

CUT TO a rooftop at night. Murdock sneaks up on the one, the only Frank Castle, who has a taxi cab locked in the sights of his sniper rifle. A confrontation follows before Castle can squeeze his shot off...

"Running on the rooftop, he jumps and kicks the gun, amazingly diving over Frank to stop him. They soon engage on a fight, but when it was getting interesting and intense as fuck the scene was cut with the Daredevil logo and '2016 - NETFLIX.'"

So yeah, things are about to get violent.

Daredevil season 2 premieres on Netflix in 2016.

Source: Pajiba [http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and_tv/dark-details-about-punisher-emerge-from-the-daredevil-season-2-trailer-screening.php]

Permalink
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
Sounds pretty grusome but awesome.

While I get Daredevil beef on Frank Castle (he never kill) but what's Frank angle other than killing thugs and bad people or is he lumbing Daredevil with them?
 

WarpedLord

New member
Mar 11, 2009
135
0
0
Scarim Coral said:
Sounds pretty grusome but awesome.

While I get Daredevil beef on Frank Castle (he never kill) but what's Frank angle other than killing thugs and bad people or is he lumbing Daredevil with them?
Frank's never had a problem with Daredevil, other than the fact that Matt sometimes gets in his way.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
WarpedLord said:
Frank's never had a problem with Daredevil, other than the fact that Matt sometimes gets in his way.
Except that time where he killed all the heroes and villains in the universe, with Matt being the last. Though he offed himself after that too.

OT: You know, the blood is kind of expected since they'd probably want to step up their game. But what I'm REALLY hoping for (despite knowing it's unrealistic) would be to have, if there's a third season, the story of the season be an adaptation of DareDevil: Born Again. It's a great story, and the primary antagonists (Kingpin and Nuke) have both been established. Especially because of 'that' scene where the Avengers show up and we are shown from the way the characters are framed just how small DareDevil is compared to them (plus, with it just being a scene where Nuke is arrested and there's a 5 minute chat before they leave, it actually could be pulled of so long as the movies don't prevent that).

Unrealistic, but a guy can dream.
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
Zontar said:
WarpedLord said:
Frank's never had a problem with Daredevil, other than the fact that Matt sometimes gets in his way.
Except that time where he killed all the heroes and villains in the universe, with Matt being the last. Though he offed himself after that too.

OT: You know, the blood is kind of expected since they'd probably want to step up their game. But what I'm REALLY hoping for (despite knowing it's unrealistic) would be to have, if there's a third season, the story of the season be an adaptation of DareDevil: Born Again. It's a great story, and the primary antagonists (Kingpin and Nuke) have both been established. Especially because of 'that' scene where the Avengers show up and we are shown from the way the characters are framed just how small DareDevil is compared to them (plus, with it just being a scene where Nuke is arrested and there's a 5 minute chat before they leave, it actually could be pulled of so long as the movies don't prevent that).

Unrealistic, but a guy can dream.
I certainly wouldn't say it's unrealistic for Nuke to show up in Daredevil - but I forget what happened to Kingpin so I can't say anything on that. The only thing I would say is unlikely is the presence of the Avengers, but, then I don't know how the legality of this whole situation works, so I can't say anything there either.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
Thyunda said:
The only thing I would say is unlikely is the presence of the Avengers, but, then I don't know how the legality of this whole situation works, so I can't say anything there either.
The legality is they'd have to keep it under 3 minutes of screen time (which, frankly, is more then enough for 'that' scene) so long as they get paid the fixed contractual cameo rate (which, with the 3.33 million each Marvel Netflix episode averages for its budget, they should be able to afford). The real issue is whether or not it could be done in a way that works from a storytelling perspective given what the events of Civil War may hold. The real issue is that for 'that' scene to work the three who NEED to be there are Cap, Iron Man and Thor, so they'd have to find a way to make it make sense from a storytelling point of view that a year after Civil War (which is when a hypothetical third season would be released, around the time of Guardians of the Galaxy 2) the two are back together and Thor is on Earth temporarily before going back to Asgard in a few months.

I know it's not realistic, it's just that DareDevil Born Again is just one could really adapt itself well to the small screen. And even though 'that' scene is one which is amazing and really deserves a place in the MCU, it could be written out or have the New Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. written in instead. Nuke and Kingpin are around after all, and those two are the truly critical ones for the story.