Gotham Finds a Sense of Humor

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Gotham Finds a Sense of Humor

Gotham plays to its strengths and cleans up its convoluted plot in "What the Little Bird Told Him."

Read Full Article

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
I've been loving Agent Carter so far and am a die-hard Marvel fanboy... but I'd probably say Flash is the current best comic book TV show.

Gotham? Meh... but it has it's good episodes (like this one...). If nothing else, I absolutely love Christopher Heyerdahl. Because of Hell on Wheels, I'm pumped seeing him pop up in other shows like this and Castle.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
I fucking love Christopher Heyerdahl, one of my favorite character actors on television.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
A bullet in a cupcake....how does that translate to "a beautiful woman"? Aaaanyway, I suspect that "typical jock cop_01" will be Nigma's first victim in a future episode. Christopher Heyerdahl seems to be one of those guys like Zeljko Ivanek - he's been typecast as a villain in a lot of roles lately. I haven't seen him play a non-villain role since Blade: Trinity. It's nice to see Gordon getting a little loose and not so uptight, although threatening the Commish might come back to bite him later. And I thought that the mole had some street cred! The girl can throw a punch, even in high heels, so why go down without so much as a scratch across the face? This is why "defensive wounds" is common terminology in other shows. But beyond that, can't complain. No bat or cat in sight, Nigma was more Nigma and not quite so cooky. Overall, a good episode.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am liking the fact they seem to be trying to clean up the parts of the show from the first half that seem to try and be either filler or make the story more complex. Reducing the amount of reoccurring characters is a good start and giving some characters a reason not to be around as much is good too. I am definitely more interested in seeing how the show progresses now then earlier in the season.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Is it me, or is Maroni real thick when it comes to Oswald.
He basically confessed he was working for falcone in a delirium.
And all he has to do is pinky swear it isn't true, and he buys it.

people have had cement boots for less.

Jan 12, 2012
Jeroenr said:

I'm pretty sure he knows what is going on, at least that Oswald is doing something on the side with Falcone, and once Maroni finds out what's happened to fish he'll know for sure. He's just playing it out for his own advantage; the only thing better than finding a spy is finding one who doesn't know he's been found.

OT: I never really found the mob politics story that complicated. Especially since Bruce and the Wayne investigation dropped out of the show, that's been the only consistently developing plotline.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Jeroenr said:

I'm pretty sure he knows what is going on, at least that Oswald is doing something on the side with Falcone, and once Maroni finds out what's happened to fish he'll know for sure. He's just playing it out for his own advantage; the only thing better than finding a spy is finding one who doesn't know he's been found.

OT: I never really found the mob politics story that complicated. Especially since Bruce and the Wayne investigation dropped out of the show, that's been the only consistently developing plotline.
good point, did not consider that.
But he does gives me the impression he is more a mob lieutenant than a Don.
He is far closer to his troops than Falcone is.

Then again, last episode with the fishermen he did show Oswald who's boss (a bid overdue), and at the police station he does seems to own a cop or 2.
So maybe that's just how he rolls.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I've been enjoying all the comic book shows on TV at the moment. All the new ones have been improving (it's a little early to say with Agent Carter, but I'm optimistic) and Shield and Arrow have really been strong this season.

As far as Gotham is concerned, I was always a little skeptical about a Batman show without Batman, but I think it started well and got stronger. I am torn between wishing this (and Constantine) were part of the Flash/Arrow continuity and being grateful that this does have a different tone to the other shows.