GPU Market Nosedives, Sales Lowest In a Decade

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's mostly because of crypto crashing and burning (good), but this bit stood out to me
gamers lowered their purchases of existing graphics cards while waiting for next-generation products.
Sure Jan, it's cuz everyone's waiting for next gen, not because the cards cost as much as a whole pc used to.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It's mostly because of crypto crashing and burning (good), but this bit stood out to me

Sure Jan, it's cuz everyone's waiting for next gen, not because the cards cost as much as a whole pc used to.
I feel both could be true. People holding out for next gen to see if either GPU maker drops their prices down from stratospheric to normal. Though I feel that's gonna be like a 5% and 95% split between those who are genuinely waiting for next gen come what may (early adopters, lunatics, Henry Cavill), and people pissed off that nVidia and to a lesser extent AMD think its the 1930s and they can pull this bullshit forever.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Everytime I'm looking at maybe splashing out on a new GPU I look at the prices, sigh, and turn the graphics settings down a notch.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I feel both could be true. People holding out for next gen to see if either GPU maker drops their prices down from stratospheric to normal. Though I feel that's gonna be like a 5% and 95% split between those who are genuinely waiting for next gen come what may (early adopters, lunatics, Henry Cavill), and people pissed off that nVidia and to a lesser extent AMD think its the 1930s and they can pull this bullshit forever.
Sure, it's probably both to at least some degree. I just think that pricing isn't mentioned at any point makes that stated reason come off as euphemistic at best, dishonest at worst.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So what you're saying it the Superman gig pays enough for a 4090?
I'm sure Mister Cavill drove a hard bargain to make it worth his while to leave the regular pay packet of The Witcher.

Sure, it's probably both to at least some degree. I just think that pricing isn't mentioned at any point makes that stated reason come off as euphemistic at best, dishonest at worst.
Oh its dishonest as shit, no argument.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Nice to see the trend continues. Example:
1678830896220.png