Gran Turismo Sport Delayed to 2017

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Gran Turismo Sport Delayed to 2017

Gran Turismo Sport has been delayed from November to sometime in 2017.

Gran Turismo Sport, originally scheduled for release on November 15, has been delayed to 2017, Polyphony Digital announced in a PlayStation Blog post today [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/gran-turismo-sport-update/]. The developer is taking extra time in order to meet the "high expectations" of fans and the team alike.

"From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode," wrote creator Kazunori Yamauchi. "In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We've been excited and humbled by the response each time that we've shared new gameplay with everyone."

"We do not want to compromise the experience in any way," the post continues. "While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date."

[gallery=6445]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Hmm, shame for the fans, but hopefully the game is better for it.

I've always liked Forza because I had a 360 and now a PC, but Gran Turismo is one of the few games Sony has that I feel like I'm missing out on.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Hmm, shame for the fans, but hopefully the game is better for it.
Doubt it, it's a delayed GT game which means it will have been delayed to shoe horn in eight tons worth of shite that no one wants and no one will use, any one remember the ability to GPS track you're real world performance on real world tracks and then have that transferred to an avatar in GT, yeah THAT was a thing. I suspect in this instance it will be some VR bullshit though.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So is this the part where people send death threats and get reporters who reported this fired?

Freaking No Mans Sky fans. Still have be pissed at them.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Silentpony said:
So is this the part where people send death threats and get reporters who reported this fired?

Dude, it's about GT Sport...

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Well they need to do something big because other racing games have raised their game and pushed Gran Turismo aside. They aren't the top dogs anymore and are falling behind.

Less Gimmick and more fun racing challenges, yeah?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Fulbert said:
Silentpony said:

They were just making the point that lately if a game was delayed, a small group of man children of certain fan bases would throw their toys out of the basket and send death threats to both the developer and those who reported it.

You see, as much as I refuse to use this word, I always feel to say that those people are just fucking stupid as chicken shit.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Parasondox said:
Fulbert said:
Silentpony said:

They were just making the point that lately if a game was delayed, a small group of man children of certain fan bases would throw their toys out of the basket and send death threats to both the developer and those who reported it.

You see, as much as I refuse to use this word, I always feel to say that those people are just fucking stupid as chicken shit.
Yeah, but what does that have to do with GT Sport? I don't recall GT fans indulge in such behaviour so I don't see how this complaint is relevant.

As for the game itself, one of the major selling points of the series is the amazing lineup of licensed cars, from the pathetic old junkers to the sci-fi hypercars. There are games that look better and play better and have a more appealing style, but to my knowledge there is no other game that lets you play Jay Leno just like Gran Turismo does. (Well, maybe Forza. But I never owned an Xbox so I really can't say)

This is why it pains me to see GT Sport ditch most of its car lineup and replace it with a smaller stable of almost exclusively sports cars. I can only hope that this game is a spin-off and there will be Gran turismo 7 that will retain the car collecting aspect and will maybe even enhance it in some way.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Gran Turismo is delayed, what else is new?

Polyphony needs to get a grip.
I love the series, and have played it since GT1, but this was getting ridiculous even back on GT4.

Parasondox said:
Well they need to do something big because other racing games have raised their game and pushed Gran Turismo aside. They aren't the top dogs anymore and are falling behind.

Well, it would certainly help if the released a damn game every now and then.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
fenrizz said:
Gran Turismo is delayed, what else is new?

Polyphony needs to get a grip.
I love the series, and have played it since GT1, but this was getting ridiculous even back on GT4.

Parasondox said:

Well, it would certainly help if the released a damn game every now and then.
HAHA Good Luck! Kaz (head of Polyphony) wants perfection. What he doesnt realise is other racing games are steps ahead in the genre. No dynamic weather and time for GT Sport? Seriously? Project Cars, a partly crowd funded game and guys who did Need for Speed: Shift, have that and it makes the race so much more challenging. You have to be tactically.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Can EA just give up the rights to Porsche please. I want to drive a 919 LMP car for crying out loud!! Let that IP be free... free as in let other games get the chance to have the right to use them. Its not exactly free.