Grand Theft Auto V Anti-PC Petition Has 10,000 Signatures

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
JakobBloch said:
Obvious mudslinging counter argument: Stop buying used games.
Hahahaha! Good comeback!

But seriously why are we bothering with a petition created by trolls ignoring the fact that GTA has already been pirated ?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'm going to pirate a copy of that petition, just to hear their squeals of agony. Yessssss, your tears of anguish sustain me!

[sub][sub]Disclaimer edit: I am, of course, joking. Please don't miss that fact and apply the banhammer. I'm proud of my clean record. :'([/sub][/sub]

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I may be buying this on console, but I do not support these assholes in any way. Everybody should be able to play this game.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Objective figures? Piracy is near 2,000,000% We have data from such objective sources as CD PRojekt already!

erttheking said:
WOW! That is just a major dick move. I mean...wow! I'm just glad that the Pro-PC camp outnumbers the anti-PC camp 35:1. That...wow. As a console gamer, this disgusts me.
Assuming you take the petition seriously.

Also, have you seen the petition? There's a lot of "signatures" from people who signed to ask for a PC release or to flame console gamers.

Xan Krieger said:
So it's anti-piracy but GTA V was leaked on consoles.

No way it's serious, just flamebaiting.
But piracy on consoles is lower. Piracy on PCs is 47,000,000,000%! Consoles only get what? A million bans each year for this? Advantage, console.

Jamous said:
I literally don't understand the thought that goes into that. Like how do you come to that conclusion? Stop stealing games? Piracy aside, Consoles have exclusives too, which I would argue are more 'stealing' than making something available on MORE platforms...
Exclusives aren't piracy, which is what the petition has an issue with (and the article covers that). As piracy is at 28,000,000,000,00,000% and rising, you can see their concern. Rockstar nearly went bankrupt from porting GTA IV, and not a single person paid for it[footnote]I hope to God I've made this absurd enough nobody takes it seriously, but this is the internet, so I'm adding this disclaimer[/footnote].

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Meh, who cares. I think it's funny if it's talking about piracy because I can't remember the last time I saw a major console release that wasn't leaked well in advance and pirated like mad. I also feel that the petition is not an anti-piracy petition because that literally doesn't make sense. Why would they identify a single game if they were talking about overall piracy, rather than some kind of misguided idea that GTA belongs on consoles as it was first a PC game. All but two of the total ten games have been multiplatform. All well, there is no accounting for taste I suppose.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
So that's why the console version of GTA V got leaked four days early, because PC gamers pirate.

Well that explains everything!

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
I don't really see how they intend to actually do anything with this, I just have to ask the question; why do they even bother?

I don't think I need to elaborate, the entire thing just stinks of stupid.

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
rofltehcat said:
It is just flamebait. The petition to also port it to the PC is nice but they'd have ported it there anyways.
They have done it time and time again: Release on consoles, then focus on a (good) PC port.
I think this is a better policy than doing a half-assed port.
Well, there's Red Dead Redemption. It's one of Rockstar's greatest games and we never saw it on PC. I've never really heard a great explanation why. It would have been guarenteed to make money.

But, yeah, I think those days are behind us and GTAV will eventually be out on PC. Maybe it will even be ported well.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Longstreet said:
So that's why the console version of GTA V got leaked four days early, because PC gamers pirate.

Well that explains everything!
Of course it does! How can you pirate a game for an Xbox, without downloading files onto your PC? Huh?! Case closed!

In all seriousness though, Rockstar are not stupid guys. They'll release PC version in 3-6 months with better graphics, or something.

Scentedwiind

Nov 13, 2009
"i hate when good games get ruined due to pirating, support the industry you love" -douglas thompson. When has piracy ruined a game. Actually ruined the experience for others, like my sitting down to play a game that I bought and said to myself, bloody hell all this piracy has taken all the fun I would have had out of this game, I will never buy another rockstar game because someone pirated this game. Also, I have pirated game, as well as spending an exorbitant amount of money on games, so no, my having pirated that game once has not stopped me from spending about 2,000 dollars on the industry on steam. I have even later bought games I once pirated because it was on sale and I thought it was fun enough to have around in the event I might want to play it again.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
rofltehcat said:
They have done it time and time again: Release on consoles, then focus on a (good) PC port.
GTA IV's PC port was atrocious until the community fixed it. RDR never came to PC at all.

Jun 11, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Objective figures? Piracy is near 2,000,000% We have data from such objective sources as CD PRojekt already!

erttheking said:
WOW! That is just a major dick move. I mean...wow! I'm just glad that the Pro-PC camp outnumbers the anti-PC camp 35:1. That...wow. As a console gamer, this disgusts me.
Assuming you take the petition seriously.

Also, have you seen the petition? There's a lot of "signatures" from people who signed to ask for a PC release or to flame console gamers.

Xan Krieger said:
So it's anti-piracy but GTA V was leaked on consoles.

No way it's serious, just flamebaiting.
But piracy on consoles is lower. Piracy on PCs is 47,000,000,000%! Consoles only get what? A million bans each year for this? Advantage, console.

Jamous said:
I literally don't understand the thought that goes into that. Like how do you come to that conclusion? Stop stealing games? Piracy aside, Consoles have exclusives too, which I would argue are more 'stealing' than making something available on MORE platforms...
Exclusives aren't piracy, which is what the petition has an issue with (and the article covers that). As piracy is at 28,000,000,000,00,000% and rising, you can see their concern. Rockstar nearly went bankrupt from porting GTA IV, and not a single person paid for it[footnote]I hope to God I've made this absurd enough nobody takes it seriously, but this is the internet, so I'm adding this disclaimer[/footnote].
Probably need to add another 1 and two 0's in front of that.

OT: Going to have to hop on the bandwagon with this one and say that it is just bait and nothing much else. They don't even come at it from an interesting angle.