Grand Theft Auto V Mod Lets You Sink Los Santos Underwater

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Grand Theft Auto V Mod Lets You Sink Los Santos Underwater

Someone has made a "Tsunami" mode for the PS3 version of GTAV that sinks the entirety of Los Santos.

Even if Rockstar still hasn't released a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, someone managed to make a mod for the PlayStation 3 version of the open world action game. Made by a user called "Bushigan," it lets players sink Los Santos underwater and you can even drive a submarine around the city, too.

Those planning to try this out, this those rumors of a PC port of GTAV [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWcOGxSye4] rings true at some point.

Hopefully, this won't be the last mod for GTAV; and once Rockstar does release a PC version with mod tools, expect awesome mods such as this one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123162-GTA-IVs-Iron-Man-Mod-Is-Exactly-What-You-Hope-It-Is] to be the norm.

I admit, I'm nowhere near as talented as the people who creates mods to even attempt one. But if I could, I'd put a dinosaur in Los Santos just to see it stomp its way throughout the city. What would your dream mod be for Grand Theft Auto V?

Source: Kotaku [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWcOGxSye4]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'd like to see a mod with giant airships slowly circling Los Santos and duking it out between the skyscrapers.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
The real winner here is the modders taste in music. I immediately added hoodie allen to my playlist. I want a kraken in the game. or godzilla.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Alex Co said:
What would your dream mod be for Grand Theft Auto V?
It would be the removal of all physics biases. None however are as bad as that godawful anti-rollbar implementation.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That is actually really cool, had no idea the water mechanics were this detailed.
Obviously there is that small hitch of getting instantly banned if you use the mod and taken to court, possibly get a visit from a Sony death squad... but still a cool mod.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Barbas said:
I'd like to see a mod with giant airships slowly circling Los Santos and duking it out between the skyscrapers.
I'd love that. Especially if it also replaced all planes in the city with the crop duster biplane.

I'd love a mod that changes all cars to fit a certain era. And allows you to replace all the radio with a custom soundtrack, So I could drive around in 70s cars with 70s music playing, for instance.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
The best change I could think of for the game would be to drastically reduce the input lag for the controls. Yes I'm a bit salty about that.

Actually the first thing that came to mind was dragons. Flying around the city randomly attacking people, waiting for you to shoot them with RPG's and LMG's and then absorbing their souls so you can shout at objects and make them fly off.

Actually actually, screw it I'd take that over performance upgrades.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
in san andreas there was a mod that allowed you to change the water height and wave high easily. ever since then my dream mod for any game was changing water level in the world with npcs reacting appropriately. this looks like it may jut be one steop towards this, i love this modder now!

Ultratwinkie said:
Kotaku is also fucking hilarious when it talks about this mod, "its like a whole new game!" Yeah, no. A total conversion like Requiem is a whole new game. This is just for shits and giggles.
now i havent tried it in gta 5, but when i did similar stuff in san andreas and used it smartly (didnt just sink the continent) and then tried to play the game with that it was indeed very gamechanging and i enjoyed it. not for everyone sure, but i can see the reaction.

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
Now if only they would combine it with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6_xtuix2ms

Then this can be the theme everytime you start the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He-LBIyBUz8

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Coolz, really hope that the PC version of GTA V won't suck like GTA IV's port did...

But yeah cool mod and makes me wonder what other crazy mods could make there way onto PC version

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Alex Co said:
What would your dream mod be for Grand Theft Auto V?
I'd just like access to a console that would allow me to do simple, yet amusing things with what's already present in the game.

Simple pleasures such as disabling the invisible boundaries around population centres which animals don't pass, spawning a cougar in downtown LS or spawning a shark in a swimming pool, or a turn all traffic into one type of vehicle command, such as Crop Dusters, would also make for some amusing mayhem.

As for actual mods, an Every NPC Is Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris mod would be pretty amusing, especially if it came with a Pedestrian Riot/Horde Mode.

Another simple, yet amusing mod, would be to give the Epsilon Robes the power to engulf NPCs in purifying flames (or a myriad of other random effects like the Wabbajack, e.g. drunk, explosion, soaking wet, low gravity, rage mode, electricity etc.) when you greet them and they utter the Holy Words "Kifflom" in response.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This looks cool for about 20 seconds, but doesn't seem like it'd actually be fun enough to merit the effort.

That said, a post-apocalyptic flooded city could be a great setting for a game that was actually designed around that idea.

P.S. Thanks

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Wait, I thought someone figured it out for the 360? Tried to find out in the video I first saw it in

but Robbaz didn't say what console he did it on, and YouTube is being supper difficult with me right now, so I can't tell when button prompts pop up.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
soren7550 said:
but Robbaz didn't say what console he did it on, and YouTube is being supper difficult with me right now, so I can't tell when button prompts pop up.
When he takes a selfie, those are PS3 button prompts.

P.S. Thanks