Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Pushes 375,000 Signatures

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Souplex said:
Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?
The Random One said:
Where's the petition to not make it a shoddy port? Because GTAIV (EFLC) is the only game this computer I'm typing this on has ever had problems running, and it looked like crap because of the stupid movie filter they get on all the time.

MonkeyPunch said:
Souplex said:
Why waste resources on a small, dwindling market, with a habit of stealing your product?
Are you talking about the PS3, 360 or PC there?
Well, it must not be PC, because it's the only market where people aren't jumping ship due to a promised next generation.
Must not be, I mean after all, look at this image right here! [http://i.imgur.com/8wv276i.png]

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
I don't care if a PC version comes several months after the console version. After the GTA4 port, all I care about is a PC version that isn't complete crap

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I signed it because I sold all my consoles, oops.

But Sandbox games are really fun on PC with high end computers

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
"An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard."

Actually no. I'm going to play it with a controller but I want to use my computer that's about twice as powerful as my PS3.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
This is getting a bit tinfoil hat of me, but I really hope that GTA5 does get a PC release, if only so the misguided chumps with their anti-PC petition don't get to feel like they won a victory.

Souplex said:
You're funny. Citation needed!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Maxtro said:
"An awful lot of people want to play the new Grand Theft Auto with a mouse and keyboard."

Actually no. I'm going to play it with a controller but I want to use my computer that's about twice as powerful as my PS3.
Actually yes, i want to play it with mouse and keyboard. Like i do every PC game. Your anecdotal evidence is as good as mine.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Andy Chalk said:
Alas, not everyone shares that level of enthusiasm for a mouse-driven GTA V. A petition against [https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v] the PC edition of the game, "So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games," recently broke 10,000 signatures.
Which becomes fucking hilarious when you consider that GTA V has already been stolen and pirated, while the PC version still hasn't been announced.

Dat PC piracy, yo...

I wish these ignoramuses (ignorami?) would get a fucking clue.
Yep, ignorami (it's Latin). Both are correct (I checked).

"Let's piss thousands of people off by not letting them BUY the product they want so that they have to STEAL it instead."

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I'd appreciate Rockstar weighing in on this, because I don't want to buy it for my PS3 and then have the PC release come out in October. I'm willing to wait a little while to get to see it looking its best. It's also true I've honestly lost a little faith in console releases every since I got Skyrim on PS3 (now have it on PC), and having gotten used to 60FPS and draw distances with tiny LOD drop offs. I appreciate Skyrim wasn't representative of the stability of games on PS3, but as games are getting more demanding, my PS3 is going to struggle more; and from what I can tell, this game (GTAV) was designed with PS4/Xbone architecture in mind. It doesn't spell "best possible experience" for the current releases.

Having said that, if I don't hear anything by October, I'll probably just give in and pick it up on PS3.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Rellik San said:
Souplex said:
Because console owners are willing to pay a £20 mark up on price. :p

OT: Why the fuck are you petitioning for the inevitable?

Its like a petition for climate change. Its happening already guys. You petition for things you want to change. GTA 5 will come out on PC for the folks like myself who will not be buying it until it comes out on PC. Rockstar wants my money. All of my money. Therefore, they will come up with a way of taking my money that does not require a crowbar.

Not all of us PC gamers are pirates. Although I guess it depends on your definition of piracy. But that is a dangerous topic. In all seriousnous, disregarding games and software, just about everyone in this forum has benefited from piracy on some level. I mean, Who here shares music with friends?

Who shared it with friends?

Who shared it with friends?

Somewhere down the line someone stole something. Hell, a friend of mine, lets call him [REDACTED] used to only go into record shops to look over the album lists and new stuff so he knew what he was missing from the crappy Discogs.

But that is a totally different discussion.

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
People realize the anti-PC petition started AS A JOKE(/troll) right?

Both are stupid though, GTA V will come to PC anyway. Why do the press/people feel the need to give attention to so many petitions on change.org? All this gives the impression that petitioning has become "a thing" that some gamers do, when really, anyone can just go make one and spam it around for attention. There will probably always be people starting petitions for things they want, that doesn't mean all those things should be petitioned for.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
When the PC release comes, I probably won't buy it anyway, Rockstar can be spectacularly aggressive with their DRM and I don't fancy buying a game that will probably require three or four separate log-ins and a retail disc and make me istall registry altering files from SecuRom to be playable.

Then again, they might have learned their lesson from GTA IV and just use Steamworks instead.
Max Payne 3 was pretty clean, it didn't use GFWL for one, and I was able to play it straight.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
I personally can't wait till it comes to pc.
I am currently watching a few Let's Players do some of the Open World stuff.
It all looks really cool.
The gun training in the ammu nation looks really good and i really had to laugh when there was an actual minigame to grope the stripers without getting thrown out of the club.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
ksn0va said:
Max Payne 3 was pretty clean, it didn't use GFWL for one, and I was able to play it straight.
That's a very good point. I suppose I'm just panicking that Take 2 will do absolutely everything in it's power to 'protect' it's enormous investment in GTA. Their throwing their weight around forcing bans on people who play the game early (including legitimate retail copies!) has me looking at the worst case scenario.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Gilgamesh00 said:
People realize the anti-PC petition started AS A JOKE(/troll) right?

Both are stupid though, GTA V will come to PC anyway. Why do the press/people feel the need to give attention to so many petitions on change.org? All this gives the impression that petitioning has become "a thing" that some gamers do, when really, anyone can just go make one and spam it around for attention. There will probably always be people starting petitions for things they want, that doesn't mean all those things should be petitioned for.
Unfortunately it seems like many have missed it. I think it's hilarious and was made because someone was sick of all the whining about there not being a PC version yet. I'm with you and I think both are stupid though.

Plus, the guy who started the anti-PC one used the name Trevor Phillips, the same name as one of the characters.