Grandma, age 72, to have a baby with her grandson.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Seriously though, huge sigh of relief on the surrogate mother thing.
Damn you News contributors an your misleading titles!

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Genetic sexual attraction in full force if I ever saw it.
Also, ew.

But whatever, you know? They're not breaking any laws I know of. As long as they're happy, let them do what they want.
The kid will have a fucked up life, but so does every kid.
The people with normal, healthy upbringings are the fucking weirdos, as far as I'm concerned.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
NickCooley said:
Two consenting adults, very much in love, are having a kid from a surrogate mother. The surrogate has no problem with the couple taking and raising the child. All fairly normal, except the couple is related. I always find it funny how one detail can turn something from "aww" to "eww"

The only problem I could find would be the child but since it's being conceived by a surrogate its a non-issue. So it all comes down to the taboo of incest and I have real issue with taboo's since, you know, I actually like using my brain.

From what I gather incest is "wrong" because:

1) The magic wizard in the sky said so in his biography.
2) Mummy and Daddy told me it is.
3) It's icky.

Yeah... I don't buy those. Give me a logical, scientific reason as to why these two or any other incestuous couple being together is wrong, other than the conception of a child as it isn't an issue in this case. Until then I'd quite like to step out of this ball pit of confused and frightened children.

PS: ITT a mob of people screaming to the heavens about how a couple who has never harmed nor wronged them or in fact committed any crime at all is "sick" or "fucked up" or "twisted". Oh how far we've come as a species.
Pretty much this, but you have forgot number 4: EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :)

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
I feel really sorry for that kid, especially once it realizes that its mom is also its great-grandmother and its dad is also its nephew.
I'm glad that it's not true biologically, but it's still going to be weird for that kid.

Ike Jager

Nov 19, 2009
That's lovely... o.0

I have such a surprisingly iron stomach to not throw up on this topic but still.
We all know what's going to happen to the child.. I just don't understand why they would push as far as that. Stupidity has no boundaries, I guess.

In case you're counting;
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW-awwmahgawd-EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I don't feel like I should want to deprive them of their love, but there are some obvious issues with this.

Although, he had never met her before they fell in love, so effectively it's like they aren't related. Except for the icky genetic bit...

I'm sort of glad his mother died before they met each other though. Just imagine what that first parent meeting would have been like.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Thoughts? Other than "Ewwwwww"

Do you think should they be allowed to keep the baby? Or that bringing a child into this world under such conditions in the first place was a morally correcting thing to do?
I really don't see how it'd be any more immoral than any other relationship.
Sure genetic flaws gets cultivated, but should that be immoral?
To forbid it due to genetic would be eugenics, and that's way more immoral IMO.
So what's left? It's just a... somewhat weird... relationship between consenting adults.
To each their own.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:

I'm never going to un-read this article, am I?
Might I suggest a gun? A big one. Like, .50 caliber at least.
OT: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Seriously. Lets put aside the incest thing. There's still over twice his age, almost three times his age. The child shall not even have a mother/great grandmother after a while, cause she dead soon.
Going back to the incest, there are excellent possibilities of the child being royally fucked.
*shudder*
Oh god. This is too creepy.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I feel sorry for their offspring already.. Brought up in such conditions is just fail..

This should not under any circumstances be allowed in any fucking way humanly imaginable..

MY GOD!

RyanBishop

Apr 28, 2010
This here is some seriously fucked up shit. Now I have heard about brother-sister love stories (incest too, but listen... at least there is no epic 40+ years dividing them), but this - this takes the cake. Fucked up. On so many levels.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
As I said in the last thread on this topic, it doesn't hurt anyone, they can do what they like.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Issues regarding what consenting adults do in bed aside - what the hell is with the surrogate and how easy is it to buy a donor egg? Sounds like a freaking baby farm to me and that makes me even more uncomfortable.

My guess is this - you cannot "buy" a baby off a surrogate and the fee paid is for medical costs and "compensation" and that if she wishes the surrogate may keep the kid and the money (indeed, cite: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21435600/ ) which could mean that the Granny has no rights and will never have custody. That the egg is donated meaning that neither the surrogate nor the Granny give any genetic material could make the case more complex.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
"WINcest" stamp dose not apply. Though honestly speaking, if they're happy then I guess it's okay.