Grandpa Tastes Concrete Over Videogames

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well much problems could be solved if they were to revoke a law allowing carrying concealed weapons.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm amazed people are trying to justify hiding an item, seriously?
There is no reason for you to be concealing any item unless you actually have the intent to steal it. Maybe the he was trying to conceal it so his grandson wouldn't see? Well I find that hard to buy because why would you take the damn kid to the store with you when you're going to buy it, the kid is going to see the damn thing eventually when you pay for it. Also who the hell brings a child to Black Friday?
I'm sorry but there is absolutely no justification for hiding an item on your being, and even that is fairly disgusting for the cashier and whoever else has to handle the damn item when you pull it out of your pants/armpits/wherever else you hid it. There are shopping carts, they exist for a reason.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Well, look at the bright side, in the 15th century, in my country, theft was punished by impalement. These guys still have a while to go, but they're getting there.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Rednog said:
I'm amazed people are trying to justify hiding an item, seriously?
There is no reason for you to be concealing any item unless you actually have the intent to steal it. Maybe the he was trying to conceal it so his grandson wouldn't see? Well I find that hard to buy because why would you take the damn kid to the store with you when you're going to buy it, the kid is going to see the damn thing eventually when you pay for it. Also who the hell brings a child to Black Friday?
I'm sorry but there is absolutely no justification for hiding an item on your being, and even that is fairly disgusting for the cashier and whoever else has to handle the damn item when you pull it out of your pants/armpits/wherever else you hid it. There are shopping carts, they exist for a reason.
Hypothetically speaking, if his intent was to get is Grandson safely into his grasp, he's gonna want both hands to do that and probably just stuffed the game in the first place that sprang to mind: an instinctual as opposed to an intellectual decision.

In fairness to the police however, having tried my hand at grappling martial arts I have gained a healthy respect for how difficult it is to actually restrain someone who does NOT want to be restrained. Its difficult; and requires multiple people if you want to do it without harming your subject or yourself.

For your sake officers, the video footage had better bear out that this guy was an uncontrolable hysteric that resisted arrest. If he's not, I fear a chat with the Toecutters, and a huge civil suit will bear down upon you like an angry bear and you'll deserve your mauling.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Strazdas said:
well much problems could be solved if they were to revoke a law allowing carrying concealed weapons.
Oh boy your going to regrete saying that.

I don't agree with you becuase one I like defending my self not waiting for police to show up. Two there a fear that our goverment will go to far. Having the ability to put them down is nice too. and to quote Isoroku Yamamoto a a Fleet Admiral and Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok first thing who would bring a child on Black Friday? I mean consider the nature of this event the little kids will only get push and shoves by the other people.
OT- As I mention already in the pepper spray news they should no longer have Black Friday if it only lead to this much mayhem, greed and violence.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
Hmmmm....I can't really pick a side here. On one hand, the cop could have asked a question (are you gonna pay for that sir?) instead of just arresting him immediately. On the other hand, the guy basically made himself look like a thief. Plus, "flailing your arms" or any sudden movements while you're being arrested are bound to get you tackled by a cop. But then again the details aren't even clear to what really happened. One side claims the dude wasn't shoplifting, the other claims he was and was resisting arrest. I'm just going to go with that they're both to blame for this incident.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
These police need to be seriously investigated, they didn't just shatter his fucking nose, they knocked him the fuck out.

But let's be honest, the United State has gone so far down hill that these cops will have nothing happen to them, and the poor bastard will have to pay for his medical bills.

They shoplifting and resisting arrest charges will get dropped though. You can bet your sweet fucking ass Wally world has that shit on camera and it will be used. The police won't want the bad PR against them, hell the tape will probably get leaked anyways.

I swear America, you guys have the worst fucking cops down there.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
The cops will get away with it as usual.

I saw another video where the news was taking the cops side.

They can and will crush the skulls of OAP's and get away with it these days.

I mean, geeze i've put games/DVDs in my waistband in a store before as a kid, you leave it visible, you don't leave the store and you have your hand free to grab more products for purchase and pull it out when you go pay for it. Its not shoplifting unless you leave the store and keep it visible. If its in your waistband its visible.

Turns out if I was in the US I would've got my 10 year old face crushed for the 'crime' of putting a product somewhere they deem unacceptable despite still being visible.

Scott Guthrie

May 20, 2010
May I start by saying that this is a fucking disgrace how the police could do this to a frail old man,

and may I also say as an (almost) fully trained first aider why did the stupid fucking pricks put him on his back if he was chocking they should have placed him in the recover position!!

My apologies if i offended anybody with this next bit however American cops see to be some of the most retarded fuckers on this planet

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
THEJORRRG said:
Besides, he's an old man at Wal-Mart with his grandson, what the hell would he have done to the cop?
I have known 70+ year-old men that could kill you with one hand quite easily. So... Quite a lot actually, if he had the right training. Never underestimate someone just because they are old.

OT: I dunno, the entire thing sounds quite fishy for the cops. Methinks they might have over-reacted a bit much during the frenzy, mainly due to being overwhelmed. Still not a good excuse, but an understandable one.
Thats what I was thinking too. The cop was probably up to his eyeballs in annoying and aggressive customers that then and then took his frustrations out on an old man who made a simple error of judgement by placing the product in his waist band.

To that I say the cop should go get more training. Anyone whose job it is to enforce some kind of security and protection, has to be able to deal with the sort of shit that would put most people over their edge

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Can I just point out for all the people who say that he could've had a knife or whatever other reasoning for trying to make out the officer was in the right.

It says he cuffed the man first then brought him to the floor for resisting arrest.

Now if I'm right, or the officer was doing his damn job properly, that would mean the old mans hands were safetly restricted behind his back, away from being able to pull out any weapon on his person. At this point resisting arrest was probably just trying to get his grandson out of the huge crowds that would've killed him at any point without even knowing they had.

It's unacceptable that this happen to anyone

Actually upon watching that video, that's fucking disgusting!

That wasn't police brutality, that was assault, he knocked the guy unconcious then continued to gloat to his co-worker, when asked for someone to "dial 911" the crowd couldn't do anything but record it all on their iPhones and complain about what he did, they're all disgusting too.

That one guy who comes out of the crowd to help the guy, he's a hero, all I gotta say is thank god he was there because that guy could've been killed, choking on his own blood because the general public and the authorities wouldn't do anything to help him.

It makes me sick, it really does!

Subtitled

Aug 17, 2011
If the chronology in this article is correct, I'm curious as to how much arm-flailing one can do whilst handcuffed.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
RvLeshrac said:
Slamming someone face-first into the floor is not "light force," especially since *all* of the medical bills are going to be that guy's responsibility. Even if he's released immediately and not charged with a crime, he now has hundreds, if not thousands, in medical bills.
well maybe if your government Canada'd up their hospitals...

OT: what is it with Black Friday? why do people even go to the sales any more? surely they're online as well, and at least then the only chance of injury is if the delivery van veers off course and smashes straight into you.