Great game trailers/ads.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So sometimes there is a trailer for a game that is just fantastic and sells the game for you. What are some of the best trailers/ads for games you have seen?

The two that come to mind for me are the announcement trailer for Lords of the Fallen. Starts off a bit standard then Mother from Danzig starts playing and it becomes amazing.

and the ad for Mercenaries 2. Game kinda sucked but fantastic ad, it sold the game for to me, then I returned it 2 days later.

Also The Space Hulk: Deathwing trailer. Too bad this also kinda sucked, but mad props for it going with a musical choice beyond the usual sound that 40k has.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Blew my mind back then (actually it still does since even the Norse GoW's fell short of its spectacle) but I was going to get it regardless -

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
And I don't even care the least bit about Madden
Holy crap, that does go hard. As much as EA sucks, they do some really good trailers.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

I would absolutely have bought Overstrike on the strength of this trailer. Then it turned into Fuze and I wasn’t interested.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Re-Release of Red Faction a while back.

They used the fan-favourite song "Space Asshole":

I like it if they integrate fan-made stuff into the "product". Shows understanding of the customer/fans.

original (slower) version:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I actually got this trailer on a VHS that came with a game magazine. The first and only time a game mag came with a VHS (that I know of), because this was pre-PS2 release and very few people had DVD players. But due to the hype of this game I guess they made an exception.

Played the fuck out of this tape when I initially got it, and sat my family down infront of it to show off how awesome games were going to be now. But seeing as they weren't familiar with games technology and didn't even realize what ingame graphics and prerendered graphics entailed it was hard to explain my utter gleeful hysteria over this trailer. It was a special feeling when next-gen graphics could still wow you.