"Great" games that failed to blow you away

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
BloodyThoughts said:
Lagao said:
BloodyThoughts said:
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Every Final Fantasy game. (Yes, even 14. I tried it at a friends house and didn't see why so many people liked it.
Um, 14 isn't even out yet...
Um...yes it is. It probably isn't out for you yet. But it's out for me.
uhh no its not, Beta hasnt started yet
Pix or it didn't happen!
Just kidding, but here us my Proof! [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75085]
That's Final Fantasy 13.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Lagao said:
BloodyThoughts said:
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Every Final Fantasy game. (Yes, even 14. I tried it at a friends house and didn't see why so many people liked it.
Um, 14 isn't even out yet...
Um...yes it is. It probably isn't out for you yet. But it's out for me.
uhh no its not, Beta hasnt started yet
Pix or it didn't happen!
Just kidding, but here us my Proof! [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75085]
That's Final Fantasy 13.
Already said how much of a dumbass I was in the later post XD

But, still everyone gets what I said, I still wholeheartedly hate the FF series. And, well, almost the whole JRPG genre.

Name me one JRPG that I would like! I boast this challenge to anyone!

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
BloodyThoughts said:
Fuck! I forgot the Roman numeral rules! In fact I forgot the other I....I look like a complete dumbass right now XD
Hold on a second...
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*!
Ah..I see. It happens.

BourneGamer

Mar 18, 2010
Section 8, was supposed to be excellent. But I got bored with the lackluster online play, but, that might just be due to who I was playing with and against.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Mass Effect. I like it but it certainly isn't as good as people claim. I much prefer the other Bioware games like KOTOR.

Oblivion. Decent but not nearly as good as Morrowind. I always felt like they were holding my hand the whole time I played it.

Half life 2. Just wasn't that into it really. Don't know what else to say about this one.

God of War. It's a good game sure but in the end it's still just another hack and slash.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
You're all going to hate me for this but

The original Mother. I LOVED Mother 2 but for some reason I just can't get into the first.

7ru7h

Jul 8, 2009
Glad to see some of my disappointments on here already
-Dragon Age:Origins - I was so fucking pissed with this game. I absolutely love most Bioware games (I loved KotOR/NWN/ME) so I preordered it... and it was just so damned bland.
-Dawn of War II - again, preordered since I loved the original series (soulstorm is a Dawn of War game in name only - I'm sure Relic just rubber stamped it), but the second one just didn't have the RTS flair that the first one had
-Bioshock 2 - this one is debatable, since I was expecting to be disappointed
-Spore - fun at first, but got rather repetitive
-World of Goo - this one comes up in any piracy discussion, but I don't see why people liked this game
-Halo (any, but mostly after the first) - the first one was fun, but the hype this series got is extremely undeserved
-Gears of War - not that much fun
-GTA 4 - one word says it all TEETEES (also, Saints Row 2 was much better)
-Prince of Persia (the new one) - This was a disappointment mainly because the fucking game wont run
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R - just couldn't get into it
-Braid - Bored the hell out of me
-Crysis -
Nuclear Grenade Launcher?? Nuking the Aliens who absorb energy? Are you fucking retarded?
-GTA San Andreas - horrible sequel to Vice City
-Prey - I can't even remember anymore why I hate this game, I just know the weekend I tried to play this is just a red blur of swearing and hatred
-The Witcher - I really tried to like this game, but it was just so slow and uninteresting
-UT3 - Not all that surprising really, as the UT series tends to be hit and miss for me, but a lot of my friends said it was much better than the first (it wasn't)
-Fallout 1/2 - just couldn't get into them

--Will add more as they come to me--

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
C&C4 I thought it was like World in Conflict all over again, with a C&C Mod. And the story didn't do justice

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Gears of War for me. I like a good story or engaging plot to keep me going in a game. The single-player was tedious and boring with no real sense of accomplishment. Plus, the multiplayer was ok, but not the godsend that people made it out to be. Gears 2 promised a better story and multiplayer. What I got was another boring campaign (save for the giant worm) and the same unbalanced MP as before (now with terrible matchmaking). I've heard they fixed the matchmaking now, but I traded it in soon after I got it.

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
-Drifter- said:
Bakaferret said:
...I hate these threads. Every single time, someone has to go bonkers after someone else calls their favorite game of all time a piece of crap. Then the flame wars start and it all spirals downhill from there.

Also, I wasn't too impressed with FF7...maybe it's because deep down in my heart, I'll always be a Chrono Trigger girl.
I'm afraid it's already happening, but hey, I can't help it if people love to argue.
Haha, it's ok, I don't blame you...it's just amazing to me how many people ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to accept the fact that not everyone loves their favorite game. Rabid fanboys (and fangirls!) are freakin nuts sometimes. I'll admit, I felt a twang of sadness in my heart when games like Zelda were mentioned (my upcoming wedding is actually centered on this theme!), but eh, to each his own. As long as I don't get ridiculed for liking a game, I don't mind if someone else doesn't like it.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
After all the hype Fable and Halo got once I actually had played them I refused to get an Xbox. They just bored me that much. They were both extremely repetitive with next to no plot. Fable was the worst of the two. I just couldn't care about any of fable's caricatures. The absolute worst of all for disappointment was Brütal Legend. The demo was so misleading. A pointless and extremely boring "open" world and the crap RTS bits. At least it had the soundtrack.

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Mirror's Edge (Which I truly despise)

Also Bioshock. I love the environment, but not much else was that great in my opinion. I still want to play it, though.
Gotta agree with you there...I truly tried to get into Mirror's Edge, because honestly, it's a new and interesting idea. Maybe I'm just retarded when it comes to the controls, but I found myself being more frustrated than entertained. I didn't even bother finishing it.

Can't say much about Bioshock...I'm too much of a coward to get past the first 10 minutes (literally ^^;).

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
ultrachicken said:
Hubilub said:
Fallout 1 and 2.

I really can't understand how so many people can love those games.
Agreed... I could have spent those $20 on something else, dammit!

OT: Half-Life 2. It was just plain boring. It's story isn't all that great, and that's it's main selling point.
Left 4 Dead 2. I don't have any friends who bought that game, and I don't trust the douchebags on xboxlive.
Oh man...it's a shame, because I found that the L4D2 characters were a lot more interesting and developed than the first L4D. Ellis and Coach are HILARIOUS. :3 I can't blame you for not wanting to go on XBL though...if I didn't have the computer version I probably wouldn't bother. Nothing worse than being a girl on XBL. ;-;

Alacar Leoricar

Aug 29, 2008
Surprisingly, Dragon Age: Origins didn't blow me away too much. I mean, it's a lot better than most of the Western RPGs out there (it's up there with KOTOR) but it wasn't the messiah that they made it out to be.