Great Year for gaming for all.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Sack of Cheese said:
It's a great year for me! So many great games coming out, not enough time to sit down and play them all. RPGs (Monolith's X, Dragon age Inquisitor, Drakengard 5, Divinity Original Sin, Diablo 3 RoS, Pillar of Eternity...), dungeon crawler (Persona Q, Demon Gaze, Etrian odyssey: TEG...), fighting games (new Blazblue, Guilty Gear, EA's UFC, Ultra Street fighter 4, Jojo's, J Stars Victory VS...), shooters (Destiny, Tom Clancy's The Division), others (new Donkey kong, Hakuoki, Bayonetta 2, Hotline miami 2, Vita's Disgaea 4...)

So, bring it on!
I totally forgot about Guilty Gear. That's the only fighting game I don't get my behind completely handed to me. My only gripe is that I played through the entire story line with Bridget right before the final boss to figure out she was a dude. Stopped playing for a month. Although Trap manga pretty much has never surprised me since then because I always think a girl is a dude now.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Looks pretty bland at the moment, though I hope Titanfall and Evolve can shake up the popular multiplayer FPS scene a bit, cause I'm tired of always COD being mentioned.

The only ones I'm watching out for is Smash Brothers 4 and Bayonetta 2. Just watching.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
kilenem said:
I totally forgot about Guilty Gear. That's the only fighting game I don't get my behind completely handed to me. My only gripe is that I played through the entire story line with Bridget right before the final boss to figure out she was a dude. Stopped playing for a month. Although Trap manga pretty much has never surprised me since then because I always think a girl is a dude now.
Hahaha, I know how that feels, man.
Xrd-SIGN- is looking to be the next KOFXII, new engine/art style means smaller roster. However, arcade version seems to be having updated roster, so we shall see. The console roster might be decent enough. No Johnny yet though, sad.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Well, there is a very promising Dwarf Fortress update approaching.

Amongst other things, it'll add a mechanic where you can indirectly (by way of funds and sending off advisors) effect the world. Like sending your levies off to besiege the Goblins for a change.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
ShinyCharizard said:
Yeah it's shaping up to be a good year, I've played quite a few excellent games already. The 3DS line-up is feeling pretty weak compared to last year though I reckon.
Have to agree, but 2013 was so great for the 3DS it is kinda expected this year could not reach last year's deluge of goodness.

OT: My most anticipated games are the two Smash Bros. and I am excited for Mario Kart after seeing the recent trailers for it. We may get Hyrule Warriors this year too, that would be pretty neat for me.

Watch Dogs is still on my radar, even if the hype was really weakened by the recent controversy for the game. The Halo fan in me is excited for the possibility of a Halo 2 Anniversary, even if it means breaking down and buying Xbox One. Monolith Soft's X also has my interest, need to see more on that though.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Aside from the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster, which I'm loving, I'm pretty indifferent towards the releases on the horizon for this year. Not to mention the handful of games I am interested in I won't be buying until later anyways (Watch_Dogs, for instance, will wait until I have a PS4. Plus Ubisoft has been phenomenal at decreasing my faith in this title, turning my desire to buy at launch to "wait for it to drop to $30 or less." Similar thing happened with Second Son). Maybe something will catch my attention unexpectedly later, as has been known to happen, but what I'm most excited for is buying a 3DS sometime this summer/early fall and catching up on all the good games I've missed.

That's kinda always been how it is for me though. I'll buy maybe two brand new titles in a year and the rest of my time will be spent playing catch-up for years past. But hey, at least it's cheaper. :p

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
This year is looking okay, although it's not even close to 2013 was yet. In 2013 I enjoyed:

- Tomb Raider
- BioShock Infinite
- The Last of Us
- DmC: Devil May Cry,
- Pokemon X & Y
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
- XCOM: Enemy Within
- Civ V: Brave New World

In contrast, this year I'm enjoying The Walking Dead Season 2 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I'm also looking forward to playing:

- Dark Souls 2
- Persona Q
- Infamous Second Son (need to get a PS4 first)
- Bravely Default
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

So this year should be good, although I don't think it will compare to last year even if all of those are exceptional. Its pretty hard to top a year where BioShock Infinite and The Last of Us came out.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
basicly this year all i'm looking forward to is Dark SOuls 2 on PC and Age of Mythology steam edition thingy. cant really think of any thing else. maybe Sudering Rise of the Witch king version .70

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I recognize that there's a lot of great stuff coming out this year, but I have fairly little interest in most of it. Mostly due to not having any of the new consoles or a very beefy computer for something like Star Citizen.

As far as I know, it's just Dragon Age: Inquisition that I really want. I hope my PC can handle that one.
Grouchy Imp said:
EDIT - Oh, and the Firefly pen&paper RPG. Not what the OP was really aiming at but it comes under 'gaming'.
That's coming out this year? Cool! I might look into that.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Sack of Cheese said:
We may get Hyrule Warriors this year too.
You reminded me of Jim sterling reaction to the release trailer. I just can't wait for him to review that game.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Star Citizen, Project Eternity. /Thread

There is no need to further elaborate, but let me say that despite the so far disappointing release of the new consoles, I expect new year to be even better, because developers will finally learn to use 8Gb RAM and more. So by next year we'll be getting more real next gen games and not games that simply run in 1080p at 60 fps which is nothing new.

I can't wait for next gen Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat and Assassin Creed Unity.

So far the biggest surprise has been South Park. It's an amazingly fun little game.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
BathorysGraveland2 said:
It's looking rather significant for me, for a change. Risen 3: Titan Lords, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord and Wasteland 2 are all on my radar. Don't know if Witcher 3 is delayed until 2015, or just to the end of this year though.

Edit: The PC release of Dark Souls II as well. Not sure how I initially forgot about that. It's dropping at the end of April, I believe.
Last I heard witcher 3 won't be out till 2015 dark souls 2 I didn't even hear of it being pushed back I thought it was coming out the 9th.
O.T.
Buys:
Dark souls 2
Bravely Default
Super Smash Brothers (both versions hopefully I get more in my career by then)
The Banner Saga
Sale Buys:
Nidhogg
Thief
Stick of truth
Goat simulator
Maybe:
Titanfall
Broken Age
Watchdogs
Wolfenstein: A New Order
Murdered: Souls Suspect
Destiny
The Evil Within
Alien: Isolation
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Basically all the new stuff coming out cautiously optimistic and all the the I heard was good or played the previous game of were good to me so I'm gonna buy the sequel.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It's a good year for me, I'm expecting next gen games to push down the price of PS3 games considerably.

Mar 30, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
I recognize that there's a lot of great stuff coming out this year, but I have fairly little interest in most of it. Mostly due to not having any of the new consoles or a very beefy computer for something like Star Citizen.

As far as I know, it's just Dragon Age: Inquisition that I really want. I hope my PC can handle that one.
Grouchy Imp said:
EDIT - Oh, and the Firefly pen&paper RPG. Not what the OP was really aiming at but it comes under 'gaming'.
That's coming out this year? Cool! I might look into that.
The core book is available for .pdf download at DriveThruRPG.com [http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/128012/Firefly-RolePlaying-Game-Corebook], or if you prefer a physical copy you can do what I did and preorder the hardcover from Amazon - release date for the book is 15th April.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
This game has a lot of games that I'm looking forward to / already had fun with:

Already out:
South Park: Stick of Truth
Titanfall
Cloudbuilt
Strike Vector

Looking forward to:
Broforce
Elite Dangerous
Enemy Starfighter
Eve: VR

And there's bound to be more.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I can't wait for Evil Within to come out this august. I'm so incredibly hyped for that game! :p It just looks like a true successor to Resident Evil 4, one of my absolute favorite games of all time. Shinji Mikami and survival horror always bring a smile to my face. Also really looking forward to Arkham Knight. The Arkham games by Rocksteady were some of my favorite games this past gen. I'm also hoping Watch Dogs won't disappoint. Other than that there is not a whole lot on the horizon I'm looking forward to. Hopefully there will also be some Dark Souls 2 DLC. Already have over 100 hours in that game. So immensely enjoyable. I personally love how at its core each Souls game is mechanically similair but design wise still different enough to tell them apart.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I'm going to have to parrot the opinion that 2014 is looking fairly limp for me. The only things I am really looking forward to are the remaining Wolf Among Us episodes and Oddworld: New 'N Tasty. I'm also keeping an eye on Valiant Hearts and Murdered: Soul Suspect but that's really about it at this point.

I'd usually be hyped for Smash Bros as well but there is something about this new one that's just leaving me cold so far.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm looking forward to Smash Bros on both platforms and while the Wii U has finally been getting some love, I really wish more devs would put games onto the thing. Better than last year for the U though. There isn't much coming out that makes me want to grab a PS4 but I was expecting that and don't expect I'll want one until 2015 or possibly even 2016. The PS3 however has been getting some pretty interesting looking releases like Stick of Truth and the Final Fantasy X-X2 collection.