Greek Mythology Recommendations

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
To any and all English majors out there, does anyone have any particular recommendations for a good book covering Greek Myth? It's a subject I've loved since childhood, and the most obvious choice seems to be "Mythology" by Edith Hamilton, though I've heard it is more a statement of facts than storytelling. So, do any fellow Escapists have a certain book they'd like to recommend? Mainly one that is more about the prose and storytelling though, rather than a simple rundown of the myths.

guise709

Feb 2, 2010
Metamorphoses by Ovid, he was a Roman poet but the book covered a lot of stuff on greek myth and it is one of the foremost pieces of literature during anitquity. Good stuff I do recommend.

Cliff notes version:

A history of the world up to the crowning of Ceaser mixed in with historical/mythical events.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
guise709 said:
Metamorphoses by Ovid, he was a Roman poet but the book covered a lot of stuff on greek myth and it is one of the foremost pieces of literature during anitquity. Good stuff I do recommend.

Cliff notes version:

A history of the world up to the crowning of Ceaser mixed in with historical/mythical events.
I've heard of that, but I was kind of put off by the fact that it was based on the Roman version of mythology rather than the original Greek versions. Would you say it's still worth checking out?