Green Man Gaming Hosts Enticing "666 Sale"

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Green Man Gaming Hosts Enticing "666 Sale"

Despite its sacrilegious name, Green Man Gaming's 666 Sale has almost nothing to do with Beelzebub and everything to do with huge gaming discounts.

Every six hours for the next six days Green Man Gaming will debut six new videogame deals on its retail website. Now you understand the reason for the ominous "666 Sale" bit, but who is Green Man Gaming? While the company is far less popular than Amazon or Steam for those who purchase games online, it's slowly gained a large, devoted following. I've ordered from them, and not only is Green Man Gaming very prompt with its shipments, but the firm also offers really insane discounts nearly as often as its much larger competitors.

To wit: If you were to visit the Green Man Gaming website this very minute, you'd find the current selection of six big discounts the company has on offer. Resident Evil 6 has had its price tag cut in half. Borderlands 2 and its Season Pass can be had at a massive 75-percent discount. Even smaller titles like the co-op hit Killing Floor have seen big price drops - that game can be yours for only $5, one-quarter of its usual price.

Of course there are always caveats with any promotional offer, but the ones in place here seem pretty minor. Obviously the 666 Sale ends after six days, so if you want to get in on these savings you should probably act fast. Further, the games change every six hours, so if you see something you like you don't have much time to throw down your cash.

However, to counteract these caveats (and because Green Man Gaming is overwhelmingly generous), the company has also attached "Devilish Bonus Offers" to the sale. We expect them to change periodically, but at the moment you can find a coupon for an additional 10-percent off your purchase on that very same page where you can browse the 666 Sale's current offerings.

Bottom line: There's some great purchasing opportunities here for anyone not too offended by the site's use of the Sign of the Beast to sell PC games.

Source: Green Man Gaming [http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/]

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
I saw this earlier and am waiting for the next batch of games. Really happy to see all these sales. Now if Steam could start theirs...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Does anyone know if the Killing Floor deal includes the DLC? I don't see it mentioned anywhere. I've been wanting that game for a while, but it's got so much DLC that $5 for the base game (or even $2.49) really isn't as cheap as it sounds.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Looks like some websites are getting a head-start on Steam. Not sure how that will work, but it seems that it will definitely capture the early buyers.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Does anyone know if the Killing Floor deal includes the DLC? I don't see it mentioned anywhere. I've been wanting that game for a while, but it's got so much DLC that $5 for the base game (or even $2.49) really isn't as cheap as it sounds.
The base game is $5 and the DLC is not included. The DLC is mostly costumes/additional characters though, so the DLC is not essential to the game experience.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Sweet deals. Scored myself a copy of Borderlands 2 with the DLC season pass. Very cool, and thanks for the links Escapist people. :)

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
V8 Ninja said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
The base game is $5 and the DLC is not included. The DLC is mostly costumes/additional characters though, so the DLC is not essential to the game experience.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll hold off on it then, since $5 for the base game may as well be the expected price at this point. It hits at least that every steam sale.

Apr 28, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
V8 Ninja said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Thanks for the explanation. I'll hold off on it then, since $5 for the base game may as well be the expected price at this point. It hits at least that every steam sale.
Not sure if you're interested, but there's a "complete pack" which includes all the DLC's for $12.50

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/killing-floor-complete-pack/

edgecult

May 4, 2011
Well I just got a new vampire hooked directly to my wallet! woo steam and gog were needed a new playmate >.> but.. yeah 12.50 or so for all every bit of borderlands 2 (minus I think the psycho pack..) is a hard price to beat...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Irridium said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
V8 Ninja said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Not sure if you're interested, but there's a "complete pack" which includes all the DLC's for $12.50

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/killing-floor-complete-pack/
Thanks, but I'm holding out for $7.50 or less. I very rarely even pay $10 for digital only games, and as broke as I am at the moment, I can't justify $12.50 for this when I've already got the L4D games and a ton of other shooters that fill the niche, especially because I'm planning on buying the whole danged Wing Commander series whether it goes on a daily deal during GoG's sale or not. I'm just waiting to the last day to see if it does.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I think GMG got overloaded, I got to see it once now I am timing out every attempt.

Hope its is up again soon, Worms Revolution for 3.74, yes please.

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
Two things, with the website being down I can't check. Can I pay in British sterling as I see the company is based in London and also is the Borderlands 2 season pass discounted or just the bundle with the game? Thanks.

Edit: nm I got on and the season pass isn't discounted by it self. :/

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
cursedseishi said:
hutchy27 said:
Two things, with the website being down I can't check. Can I pay in British sterling as I see the company is based in London and also is the Borderlands 2 season pass discounted or just the bundle with the game? Thanks.
Sorry to say, but during the site outage it appears that they slipped out of that batch, and into a new set of deals.

Which, I might add, has annoyed me a little. Was thinking of grabbing Killing Floor at the moment when I saw the sale, but shortly after I clicked it the site went to crap and refused to load until just now, when the deal expired.
Guess I'll have to hope the season pass is on sale during the Steam summer sale. :/

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Shame the website is bloody down. But I already have everything I want from what is listed here, so I'm not too bothered.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Irridium said:
Seems they're being hit pretty hard. Hopefully the site gets back up soon.
Yeah, looks like they didn't expect it to be THAT big. Refreshing every few minutes. Probably not helping.