Grief Threatens to Tear the Team Apart on Arrow

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Grief Threatens to Tear the Team Apart on Arrow

With Oliver's fate unknown, Team Arrow struggles to stay together in "Those Left Behind," Arrow's winter premiere.

Read Full Article

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It was a good episode. I saw some real complaining about Felicity Smoke in some other forums, but I feel like her reaction is a totally reasonable reaction to what she is experiencing.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Baresark said:
It was a good episode. I saw some real complaining about Felicity Smoke in some other forums, but I feel like her reaction is a totally reasonable reaction to what she is experiencing.
Agreed. It's a human reaction. If the whole team had just been like "welp, I guess we just carry on without him" it would have been a tad fucked up. Her scenes with Ray in particular felt very real to me.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
Baresark said:
Agreed. It's a human reaction. If the whole team had just been like "welp, I guess we just carry on without him" it would have been a tad fucked up. Her scenes with Ray in particular felt very real to me.
Yep, if they hadn't reacted with grief it would have been really weird.

I liked the ep, and seeing Laurel finally get to kick some ass was great, but I feel the show failed to really build any tension in regards to Ollie's 'death'. Maybe I'm just jaded but I didn't buy it for a minute.

A, if there's no body it doesn't count
B, as if they were gong to kill off the main character 'forrealzies' in a mid-season finale, come on
C, death is dirt cheap in comics and their adaptations. The ones that don't get resurrected get cloned

If they'd at least waited a couple of eps to show that Ollie is still alive...

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
Eh, I was okay with them bringing him back right away. He's the main character, we all knew he wasn't going to die. Lots of mediocre TV shows end a season or go on break with the main character in critical condition, and it always feels cheap since you know they'd never be killed off. Arrow at least gives us some tension as to HOW and WHY Ollie is saved, and by WHO, questions I've been asking myself for the last several weeks. I honestly thought Maseo was too brainwashed and his wife too, well, dead to be of help here, and I assumed either Malcolm Merlin or Ra's himself had some weird plan for Ollie post-death. And since magic hasn't been a thing in Arrow thus far, it will be interesting to see just how "dead" Oliver was and what potential implications his resurrection may have.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"the later extended firefight with Brick's men were exciting and daring"
Actually, it was framed and paced WAY too fast/flashy/shakey for my taste... it was pure random chaos.

The parcour was nice, albeit the kick-guy to turn 180 degrees AND gain 5 feet hight at once looked stupidly wire-fu.
So, this director; not my favourite by a longshot!

And Felicity.... Behhhh, such whiney tones from the actress. Petulant child at 25 years old...

Finally; the episode suddenly ended, and I didn't feel anything had happened at all. Guess that's what you get with part 1 in a trilogy, but still, it's contents could have been framed a lot better... :(

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Jinjer said:
RedDeadFred said:
Baresark said:
Yep, if they hadn't reacted with grief it would have been really weird.

I liked the ep, and seeing Laurel finally get to kick some ass was great, but I feel the show failed to really build any tension in regards to Ollie's 'death'. Maybe I'm just jaded but I didn't buy it for a minute.

A, if there's no body it doesn't count
B, as if they were gong to kill off the main character 'forrealzies' in a mid-season finale, come on
C, death is dirt cheap in comics and their adaptations. The ones that don't get resurrected get cloned

If they'd at least waited a couple of eps to show that Ollie is still alive...
I don't know if we were really supposed to ever think he'd be gone. I mean, even if they waited a couple episodes, I still wouldn't have thought he was dead. It would have been pretty cool if they'd been able to pull it off, but I don't know how they could have done it.