Grim Dawn Sells a Million Copies, Celebrates with Half-Off Sale

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Grim Dawn Sells a Million Copies, Celebrates with Half-Off Sale

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1408/1408258.jpgCrate Entertainment has announced that Grim Dawn has sold one million copies, and to celebrate, the game is half off until the end of the month.

Grim Dawn's journey from development to release was a winding one, going through Kickstarter and Steam Early Access. It finally came to Steam as a full release in February of 2016, and today, Crate Entertainment has announced that the game has sold one million copies.

In a press release, the company said, "We at Crate Entertainment are thrilled to announce that Grim Dawn has now sold over one million copies on PC, plus over 200k copies of the Crucible arena mode DLC!"

To celebrate, Crate has put Grim Dawn on sale for 50 percent off on its website [http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php], and you can get the same deal on the Humble Store as well.

Crate is still working on a Grim Dawn expansion, which it is "working to finish up," and there is also mention of "future porjects" in the press release as well. You can read the full press release below. You can find more information on Grim Dawn on its The Escapist's Twitch channel [http://www.grimdawn.com/].

[gallery=7413]

We at Crate Entertainment are thrilled to announce that Grim Dawn has now sold over one million copies on PC, plus over 200k copies of the Crucible arena mode DLC!

In celebration of this epic milestone, we've marked Grim Dawn 50% off through our website until the end of May. It is also currently 50% off through Humble Store, during their spring encore sale!

It's crazy to think that this success story somehow arose from such humble and uncertain beginnings, overcoming so many setbacks and challenges. I repeatedly questioned what I was doing those first three, hard years of development. Looking back, I think the only thing that kept me going on the bad days, was the responsibility I felt to see it through, for the people who had invested time in the project and those who supported us early on through our website. Even with that drive to see it through, no matter my doubts, the later support of thousands more backers on Kickstarter and Early Access, validated what we were doing and gave us a real shot at making the dream a reality.

It was still a long road and lot of sweat and tears, from the 2012 Kickstarter to our 2016 release but I had the great fortune to find amazing teammates who made that journey a lot easier and the game much better than it could have been otherwise. Much thanks must also go to my long-time friends "Rhis," "Jmack" and Brian Parnell (now working on his own project Praey for the Gods) - without their early help; Grim Dawn may have never got off the ground.

Since the release of Grim Dawn, the Crate team has grown to 14 developers. We're now working to finish up the Grim Dawn expansion and, because we can never seem to make things easy on ourselves, we've started some other projects as well.

We're looking forward to getting the Grim Dawn expansion into the hands of fans and we can't wait to share news about our future projects. Until then, keep perfecting your builds, collecting those crafting mats, making morally questionable quest choices and remember it's not healthy to spend too much time in the void!

...Oh and try not to piss off any gods (or do?), keep away from Loxmere and don't eat too many untouched meals - who knows where they've been!

Sincerely,

Arthur and the Crate Team

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
ffronw said:
Crate is still working on a Grim Dawn expansion, which it is "working to finish up," and there is also mention of "future porjects" in the press release as well. You can read the full press release below. You can find more information on Grim Dawn on its official website. You can also find it streaming from time to time on The Escapist's Twitch channel.
You missed spelled projects

OT I loved Titan Quest if its anywhere as good as that I might have to pick it up.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
popa_qwerty said:
ffronw said:
Crate is still working on a Grim Dawn expansion, which it is "working to finish up," and there is also mention of "future porjects" in the press release as well. You can read the full press release below. You can find more information on Grim Dawn on its official website. You can also find it streaming from time to time on The Escapist's Twitch channel.
You missed spelled projects

OT I loved Titan Quest if its anywhere as good as that I might have to pick it up.
Personally... I think it is better. The UI is more streamlined, the gameplay is more fluid and the customization is more varied. It doesn't have a mythology feel, but in turn, it has one of the most realized Lovecraftian style setting I have seen (seriously, the amount of writing in this is absurd).

The only issue is that it has a much more constraint budget than Titan Quest. It is still quite impressive to see what they accomplished, but a couple more cutscenes here and there would have helped.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I figured there'd be no market for diabloesque hack and slashers these days. Path of Exile has no entry barrier and is good out of the gate and the various free dotas have taken the actionRPG schtick into a more concise, competitive form.