Groundbreaking Science in Dragon Ball Super?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I highly doubt it'll be referenced. It was my impression that Gohan wrote that book after Goku completely exited from the setting; you know, after GT. After all, if it was written before, why weren't their a bunch of humans besides Goku's friends flying around Earth and shooting energy blasts? And Super has shown that Gohan is still only getting his feet wet in the science scene so far.

As far as the canonocity of Online goes, Toriyama is notoriously uncaring of the entire concept of canon anyway. He forgets characters and events for years, and will happily crossover any of his works with each other. He does not give a shit, he just wants to have fun. That said, he did write for Online, and a lot of Online's plot elements were reused/continued in the Heroes and Xenoverse game series. So it's not out of the question that those elements are out of the picture entirely. We might get to see Mira and Towa pop up in Super at some point.

Edit: According to the Dragon Ball wiki, GT takes place in the years Age 789 and 790, and Groundbreaking Science was published in 804, 14 years later, with the inspiration being Goku's last death. So there's no reason to think that canon dictates that the book will be referenced in Super. It is entirely up to Toriyama's whims.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Saltyk said:
Well, in Xenoverse humans innately regenerate Ki don't they? I guess that would explain why humans have that ability that others don't. It does pose the question of what Gohan actually studies, though.

Samtemdo8 said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I just think Dragon Ball Super is so bad that it manages the impossible, it made GT look good.
Don't say things you can't take back son.

Eh That's notihng compared to things like this:

What's your problem with one of the best scenes in Battle of Gods? I love that scene. And Vegeta is my favorite character. That's exactly why I love that scene.

Becuase it destroyed his Saiyan Pride.

Toryiama violated it :p

And I hate Christopher Sabat's new voice interpretation of Vegeta.

I miss that "British/Austrailian" accent that Vegeta had in the old days.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
SupahEwok said:
I highly doubt it'll be referenced. It was my impression that Gohan wrote that book after Goku completely exited from the setting; you know, after GT. After all, if it was written before, why weren't their a bunch of humans besides Goku's friends flying around Earth and shooting energy blasts? And Super has shown that Gohan is still only getting his feet wet in the science scene so far.

As far as the canonocity of Online goes, Toriyama is notoriously uncaring of the entire concept of canon anyway. He forgets characters and events for years, and will happily crossover any of his works with each other. He does not give a shit, he just wants to have fun. That said, he did write for Online, and a lot of Online's plot elements were reused/continued in the Heroes and Xenoverse game series. So it's not out of the question that those elements are out of the picture entirely. We might get to see Mira and Towa pop up in Super at some point.

Edit: According to the Dragon Ball wiki, GT takes place in the years Age 789 and 790, and Groundbreaking Science was published in 804, 14 years later, with the inspiration being Goku's last death. So there's no reason to think that canon dictates that the book will be referenced in Super. It is entirely up to Toriyama's whims.
Well that's good. It's nice to see a series focus on the stuf at-hand rather than a grand vision. Good on Toriyama.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Saltyk said:
Well, in Xenoverse humans innately regenerate Ki don't they? I guess that would explain why humans have that ability that others don't. It does pose the question of what Gohan actually studies, though.

Samtemdo8 said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I just think Dragon Ball Super is so bad that it manages the impossible, it made GT look good.
Don't say things you can't take back son.

Eh That's notihng compared to things like this:

What's your problem with one of the best scenes in Battle of Gods? I love that scene. And Vegeta is my favorite character. That's exactly why I love that scene.

Becuase it destroyed his Saiyan Pride.
You mean the pathological stupidity that has caused Vegeta and everyone else around him no end of trouble and tragedy? Yeah it's a shame that's been taken down a few pegs.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Possibly, if they want to tied in Super into leading to Xenoverse at some point.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Errr.... Considering Toriyama forgets his own canon/non-canon details... its whatever he remembers when he's writing the main series script.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
When did Vegeta *ever* sound like a Space Aussie? Even when Brian Drummond voiced him, he was just a snake hisser voice. He has never sounded british or australian. That was Freeza's army and the Ginyu Force.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Soviet Heavy said:
Samtemdo8 said:
When did Vegeta *ever* sound like a Space Aussie? Even when Brian Drummond voiced him, he was just a snake hisser voice. He has never sounded british or australian. That was Freeza's army and the Ginyu Force.
That is how I describe best his voice, regardless his voice tone and delivery is much better:

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
DeimosMasque said:
I'm pretty sure the games aren't considered even slightly canon so my guess is no
Didn't Toriyama help write for it?, that certainly ups it's possible canonicity percentage.
He also wrote that Goku can read minds for some reason, and then forgot it...
He also wrote regular Vegeta could blow up a planet with a single attack, and then forgot it...
He also wrote that even Chiaotzu was strong enough to face the Ginyu force members by the time they trained with Kaioshin, and then forgot it...
He also wrote half the world population was composed of human/animal hybrids, and then forgot it...
He also seems to confuse how many galaxies there are, and then forgot it...
He also wrote Launch, and then forgot her...

Super has been a good chance for Toriyama to bring back things he obviously forgot years ago, like Jaco and the Mafuba, but overall I wouldn't call the DBZ universe as the most consistent or well thought out of anime settings, even when it wasn't hundreds of episodes long.