Groundbreaking Science in Dragon Ball Super?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
The justification for human characters in Dragon Ball Online is that ki control became a more common thing. The reason why it became a more common thing, if memory serves, is Gohan publishing a book explaining it called Groundbreaking Science.

Do you doods think that, sometime down the line, we'll see Gohan lay the groundwork for his scholarly magnum opus?

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Samtemdo8 said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I just think Dragon Ball Super is so bad that it manages the impossible, it made GT look good.
Don't say things you can't take back son.

Eh That's notihng compared to things like this:

Hey, the entire planet was at risk if Vegeta didn't humiliate himself to that degree. Plus, the Bingo dance got him laid. (Not even kidding. According to Toriyama's timeline, Bra was born about 9 months after Battle of Gods.)

And that's not even getting into how the Para Para dance just drags on and ON.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I just think Dragon Ball Super is so bad that it manages the impossible, it made GT look good.

Hey, the entire planet was at risk if Vegeta didn't humiliate himself to that degree. Plus, the Bingo dance got him laid. (Not even kidding. According to Toriyama's timeline, Bra was born about 9 months after Battle of Gods.)

And that's not even getting into how the Para Para dance just drags on and ON.
But there is also the conept of "The god of everything"

Also Goku Black is the most increadibly wasted opportunity ever.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Doods, can you please get on topic? This isn't about the quality of Super, it's about whether or not it's gonna touch upon an element of Dragon Ball Online's backstory. Read the OP for details.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
DarklordKyo said:
Doods, can you please get on topic? This isn't about the quality of Super, it's about whether or not it's gonna touch upon an element of Dragon Ball Online's backstory. Read the OP for details.
I doubt Toryama even remembers what Dragon Ball Online is. Plus wasn't it never supposed to be canon?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
DeimosMasque said:
I'm pretty sure the games aren't considered even slightly canon so my guess is no
Didn't Toriyama help write for it?, that certainly ups it's possible canonicity percentage.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Diablo2000 said:
I doubt Toryama even remembers what Dragon Ball Online is. Plus wasn't it never supposed to be canon?
Well, he did help write it, right? Not to mention Goku's been looking for a successor for when he passes on, and it could be Gohan's way of contributing to the cause.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Just because Toriyama wrote parts for it doesn't make it canon. He also helped with GT and a few of the movies and they aren't canon either.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
DarklordKyo said:
Diablo2000 said:
Well, he did help write it, right? Not to mention Goku's been looking for a successor for when he passes on, and it could be Gohan's way of contributing to the cause.
I might be wrong, but I remember he did some design work, checked story stuff and signed off on it, so basically had mostly a slightly more involved advisory role. Personally I would not consider it canon to the main universe we know, so just like GT I would consider it alternate universe or something.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
DeimosMasque said:
Just because Toriyama wrote parts for it doesn't make it canon. He also helped with GT and a few of the movies and they aren't canon either.
Well, the difference is that he was a lot more hands off with GT. He contributed some art and, otherwise, let Toei do everything else. He was a bit more involved with Online.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
DarklordKyo said:
DeimosMasque said:
Well, the difference is that he was a lot more hands off with GT. He contributed some art and, otherwise, let Toei do everything else. He was a bit more involved with Online.
I get that, but the Shonen Jump Special "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!" isn't canon and was entirely written by Toriyama. Also Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F are both non-canon even though Toriyama wrote them.

Just because they were written by the original creator doesn't mean they are canon

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
DeimosMasque said:
I get that, but the Shonen Jump Special "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!" isn't canon and was entirely written by Toriyama. Also Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F are both non-canon even though Toriyama wrote them.

Just because they were written by the original creator doesn't mean they are canon
Nevertheless, even if Online is non-canon, it can serve for my second point (i.e., Gohan helping Goku with his successor search in his own way), on top of being a bit of fanservice for people who played Online.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
DeimosMasque said:
DarklordKyo said:
DeimosMasque said:

Actually, I'm pretty certain that IS canon. At the very least Vegeta's brother is mentioned.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Has Vegeta's younger brother mentioned in Super? I'll admit I only have seen to the Ressurection F saga but ai don't recall Tarble being referenced

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, in Xenoverse humans innately regenerate Ki don't they? I guess that would explain why humans have that ability that others don't. It does pose the question of what Gohan actually studies, though.

Samtemdo8 said:
Metalix Knightmare said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What's your problem with one of the best scenes in Battle of Gods? I love that scene. And Vegeta is my favorite character. That's exactly why I love that scene.