Groups of people commenting you as you walk by.

Shanannara

Apr 7, 2010
Dr_Pie said:
The other day, one of my friends was feeling pretty down as she was walking home from school. A couple of chavs walk past her, one of them says to her 'Don't worry, Jesus loves you' and walked off with his friends laughing about it.

My friend however, is a very strong Christian, so it cheered her up quite a bit =P
That made me genuinely happy haha.

I agree with Ed Byrne when it comes to kids. I was terrified of kids when I was the same age as them being shy and geeky, but thought it'll be okay when I'm older and don't have to be intimidated. And then I grew up and the fuckers armed themselves.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
that's just how things are.

Trust me, you'll understand a bit better once you've been on both sides of the equasion, and even if your an outcast, you'll eventually be sitting there with some other people you agree with having a similar snicker at someone else's expense, even if you simply think it's because they look doofy that they are walking alone while you have 4 guys with you or whatever.

Not an inherantly good or bad thing, just how things are, and not something anyone can do anything about, or even should.

As far as people suggesting you should "beat the cr@p out of them" even if your pretty tough taking on 5 dudes is not something many people can do, and most people who can aren't going to do it IRL for something stupid like this (movies aside). Besides which, even if you could, it would be a massive overreaction, and I doubt anyone would really be cheering for you.

See, nearly eveyone has been one of those guys, so even if slightly annoyed, most people are somewhat tolerant for that reason, and just move right on along.

Ironboot

Mar 9, 2010
When I'm on my unicycle, it's either:

"Hehehe, you lost one wheel..." from some cocky teenager,

"MOM! HE'S RIDING A BIKE WITH ONE WHEEL!?" from small kids or

"You're so talented!" from old people.

It's kind of fun.

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
RhomCo said:
Tehlanna TPX said:
Pack mentality turns kids into such scabs. I find it better to scratch them.
Purging them with fire is far more cathartic but unfortunately quite illegal.
The mental image helps, at the time at least. And then they wonder why you're smiling! YOU'RE JUST BEING FRIENDLY... honest! :)

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Thyunda said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Thyunda said:
An odd way to get through gang mentality is to talk at a steady rhythm, and only take short breaths. Then, describe each member in an insulting manner, perhaps predicting their future as you go.
I've done it a few times, usually to younger people, and they disappear with a mutter of 'he's fucking psychotic'
It also helps to adopt an inappropriately formal manner of speaking. I tend to go for the "you societal filth" option and let loose with the most degrading (yet mature) insults I can think of. The most important thing is don't stop long enough to let them interject and make it as demeaning as possible. After I'm done with the insults, I'll usually walk off saying something about how they should go back to their gutter and refrain from talking too much as it must be a strain on their tiny minds. Works every time...

(And since I take being called crazy as a compliment, it's all the funnier. Being normal is boring, being eccentric lets you have a lot more fun with life)
I talk with a sinister accent. It's kind of posh, but cruelly so.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Mine's more of an aristocratic tone, since whenever I'm pissed at idiots like that I generally act like they are hardly worth the oxygen...

Plus, I like using the phrase "Pathetic, impotent, filth" spoken slowly in a very sinister manner. I shuts them up quite quickly : )

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Thyunda said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Thyunda said:
An odd way to get through gang mentality is to talk at a steady rhythm, and only take short breaths. Then, describe each member in an insulting manner, perhaps predicting their future as you go.
I've done it a few times, usually to younger people, and they disappear with a mutter of 'he's fucking psychotic'
It also helps to adopt an inappropriately formal manner of speaking. I tend to go for the "you societal filth" option and let loose with the most degrading (yet mature) insults I can think of. The most important thing is don't stop long enough to let them interject and make it as demeaning as possible. After I'm done with the insults, I'll usually walk off saying something about how they should go back to their gutter and refrain from talking too much as it must be a strain on their tiny minds. Works every time...

(And since I take being called crazy as a compliment, it's all the funnier. Being normal is boring, being eccentric lets you have a lot more fun with life)
Yeah, that sounds about right. Mine's more of an aristocratic tone, since whenever I'm pissed at idiots like that I generally act like they are hardly worth the oxygen...

Plus, I like using the phrase "Pathetic, impotent, filth" spoken slowly in a very sinister manner. I shuts them up quite quickly : )
A blue tae-kwon-do belt usually suffices. Somebody made fun of me for walking to the car in a dobuk, though I'd removed the belt. I pointedly tied my belt.
They recognised what it meant. :)

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
I'm not exactly tall, so yes, stuff like this has happened to me a few times. I generally just ignore it and keep walking.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Kimarous said:
danneloid said:
Today a couple of kids sat in the grass looking at people and smirking, as i walked by one of them said "Nice weather isn't it?".

Since it was really cloudy and rain was coming i said "No" in which the response were "You being cocky?". I stopped and looked at them with what i hope was a threatening look and then they said "Good Bye" and i muttered and walked away angry as hell.

Now why cant people just leave other people alone, in the words of Eddie Izzard "They were standing in groups of 5 because they have one fifth of a personality each".

Am i overreacting? What do you think? Has it happened to you? How do you deal with it when you just cant ignore them?
You got pissy over THAT? Because a couple of kids tried to be friendly, you gave them a threatening glare? Hell yes, you overreacted! If someone responded to me like that, I'd mark them down as a humourless, soulless asshole!
If you;d read the OP you would've realized he gave them the threatening glare after they said "you being cocky?", a phrase usually said by twats looking for a fight.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
That's all they did? You're over reacting...

People on this site are too sensitive to being harassed. I mean, they didn't openly insult you. Why would you get in a bad mood over it?

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
They accused you of being cocky because of your perception of the weather? ...wow. Okay.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
If they did that to me I'd tell them they will meet their ends in fire, that usually scares them off.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Thyunda said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Thyunda said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Thyunda said:

A blue tae-kwon-do belt usually suffices. Somebody made fun of me for walking to the car in a dobuk, though I'd removed the belt. I pointedly tied my belt.
They recognised what it meant. :)
Likewise, I'm a black belt in Aikido (Technically 4th Rank Brown since I had to quit before I went through the ceremony to get black). I also have Iaido and Judo training, so it's not difficult for me to back up my insults if necessary. Although, I would try to avoid fighting if I can since Aikido specializes at locks and throws, I'd probably end up breaking a bone or ligament without meaning to. Given an over-excited attacker, it's possible to plant his face into the pavement before he realizes his punch missed. One sweeping movement, and his ass is on the ground before his brain registered that he walked right through me...

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
I don't really get a lot of that. I mean occasionally sure but it's never that bad.

BUT now that you got me remembering!

Way back about a year and a half ago, or more, I was in this language class with mixed grades. 7 through 9 to be exact. I was in 9th grade and seated in front of three, count em, three annoying 7th grade girls. So I was just sitting in the class after the teacher left for no apparent reason and I feel something hit the back of my head. I shrug it off, thought I was just imagining so I continue to sit and try to pass the boredom. It happens about six more time so I look at the ground and there is a bunch of tiny paper balls. Happens again, so I turn around and look at them. They try to pull off innocent faces. Didn't work. I look at the one with the most serious look and I ask her "Why do you keep doing that?" she says "because you just sit there and never talk." I reply "I'm talking now so are you going to keep doing it?" "yeah because you're weird too." then she tosses another little paper ball at my face without losing composure I might add. So I sit there with a blank face for a second then grab like three sheets of paper, crunch them together, throw them right at her face. Her friends burst into laughter. Then I say"Can I continue being boring?" she says "yeah go ahead." Turned around, didn't talk to her ever again. Kinda liked her for that brief time.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
I was walking home from the train station today and two lads split up to go either side of me. I had my headphones on so I couldn't hear what they were saying but they stopped either side of me and one of them said loud enough for me to hear "Gronk" seriously that was it. I just stared at them with a mildly amused confused look on my face then walked off. very odd.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Thats all they said? what ever you do don't come to Manchester.... Even the pigeons give you dirty looks.