GTA Online Hits the Beach in Free Add-On Update

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
GTA Online Hits the Beach in Free Add-On Update

GTA Online is getting ready to deliver the first of several planned updates, adding some new ways for players to relax (or cause mayhem) on the coasts.

Rockstar has been vocal about its intent to expand the online component of Grand Theft Auto V, and now that the game has been out for a while, it's about time to start rolling out the updates. The first add-on, dubbed "The Beach Bum Pack," focuses on the lovely beaches around Los Santos. If you've been waiting for a reason to visit the coast and soak in the sun, you'll soon have a chance to do all that - and commit all sorts of entertaining crime while you're at it.

The Beach Bum Pack adds a little bit of everything - vehicles, weapons, jobs, clothes, the works. Expect sand buggies, flip flops, and waterfront deathmatches. I'm not sure what a beach-themed weapon might be, though. Maybe we're just in for some standard firearms, but I'm still crossing my fingers for squirt guns. The pack is scheduled for an early November release.

Also arriving soon is the GTA Online Content Creator, or at least the first parts of it. By the end of fall, players will be able to design, publish, and play custom Deathmatch and Race Jobs, with more options to be gradually added.

For many, though, the beach isn't that interesting. The players have expressed an overwhelming desire for Heist-style missions, and Rockstar says there will be news on that front sometime next week.

Source: Rockstar Games [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html]

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Cops try to run me off my bike a lot, then just run me over. Players try to do the same thing but then blow up my bike.

I've pretty much stopped playing online.
Zachary Amaranth said:
I wonder what the wanted-level would be for mowing people down with a Super Soaker.
instant 5 star

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Considering how aggressive the police are in GTA V, I am guessing:
*sprays cop with water gun, gets himself sprayed with bullets, run over 3 times and shot for a full 4 minutes long after the wasted notification appears*
Don't forget the three police copters which will hunt you down to the ends of the earth.

Adultism said:
Cops try to run me off my bike a lot, then just run me over. Players try to do the same thing but then blow up my bike.
I pretty much play in crew/friends lobbies, so I don't get so much of the "people trying to blow up my vehicle" thing. The cops, however, piss me off. I've even had them ram me from impossible positions (where I was straight in front of an obstacle you can't drive through) so either they teleported or they used the Knight Bus technology from the Harry Potter movie to squeeze through a space barely big enough for my bike.

You know you've earned the cops' ire when they skip the choppers and go straight for the transporters.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Considering how aggressive the police are in GTA V, I am guessing:
*sprays cop with water gun, gets himself sprayed with bullets, run over 3 times and shot for a full 4 minutes long after the wasted notification appears*
Don't forget the three police copters which will hunt you down to the ends of the earth.
I dont get why people complain about the police helicopters, its the police, they better hunt you down since thats the point.

Getaways are fairly easy, you just need to know where to hide, dont try to outrun a helicopter and try instead to get into a tunnel or under a highway, maybe go to the city and hide inside buildings. The key is to get out of sight and then just hide, not to see how far away you can get away from them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
josemlopes said:
I dont get why people complain about the police helicopters, its the police, they better hunt you down since thats the point.
The point was disproportionate response for use of a water gun, actually.

I don't get why people complain without bothering to understand what they're complaining about.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
josemlopes said:
The point was disproportionate response for use of a water gun, actually.

I don't get why people complain without bothering to understand what they're complaining about.
I understood that, the thing is that a lot of people complain about the helicopters and the police in general (being hard and unfair) so I took that to express my opinions on the subject.

But fine, whatever, keep up that positive attitude, bro.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
josemlopes said:
You might want to take that advice yourself.

But yes, it's ridiculous of someone to think that a point in which they're quoted is in some way related to them or the things they're specifically talking about.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Zachary wasnt making a comment about how easy or hard to evade the police choppers are. He was pointing out that the way the AI works, sending a helicopter to scour the map for a player who dared to shoot a cop with a water pistol was an appropriate response. (and thus mocking the police reactions in GTA)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
josemlopes said:

But yes, it's ridiculous of someone to think that a point in which they're quoted is in some way related to them or the things they're specifically talking about.
Just stop being so passive agressive, there is no fun in that. You could have just said what you said without that second half, and the same in your other post. Sorry if I got you wrong the first time but just because a person is quoted doesnt mean that all that is being said next is entirely directed to that person, it can be used just to follow a certain line of context. Thats why I said "people" and not "you" in my first post, I quoted since the thread doesnt have anything to do with the helicopters and my post wouldnt have any context.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
josemlopes said:

Quit with the snarky comments and get back to the original topic. He was talking about the helicopters which the guy he quoted did admit would follow you to the ends of the earth. They were talking about the same thing. Geez.

OT: I don't care for the beach rockstar. I'd much rather you bring us those heist missions you keep talking about but never saying when they will come. I've got friends, a nice apartment, guns, and a tricked out getaway car. I'm ready whenever you are.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Saucycarpdog said:
They were talking about the same thing. Geez.
Actually, since I was the one quoted, I can definitively tell you they--or rather, we--were not talking about the same thing. Since my comments related at least to the article itself, if not the actual content (since I doubt a squirt gun is actually likely), telling me to get back on topic for responding to someone who went off that topic is ridiculous and I hope you understand that.

I'd much rather you bring us those heist missions you keep talking about but never saying when they will come.
They say there'll be an announcement this coming week (I don't have the link but it was reported on The Escapist probably yesterday).

Of course, they're announcing an announcement, so that announcement might be to announce they're announcing an announcement.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I hope we get a nice 4 seat offroad vehicle out of this. I kinda doubt it, though. Would be nice if it were open top, or convertible, but I doubt it.

Hopefully it releases close to the stimulus.

I wonder what sort of new clothes they'll have? I'm looking forward to that. :3