GTA Silence Hurting Take-Two, Says Analyst

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee that's a simple solution to that , gta vice city payback , female lead seeks revenge on crooked dea and drug lords who killed her bro tommy vercetti... there ya go rockstar , now get to work ... and remember don't screw it up ,if ya need help for more ideas we're here for ya

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
If the new GTA is anything like GTA IV, then I won't have much interest in it.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
oh yeah take ur time rockstar and make it right , we know that you won't f**k it up this time ( ie gta online and realism ) that is all we ask

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I still think Michael Pachter is a know it all douche who comments way too often. What about Red Dead Revolver? Great game, coming out soon.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Carlston said:
Amarok said:
Carlston said:
swaki said:
i know that videogames are a business first, then an source of entertainment and lastly an art form, but really, they want them to rush their games, keeping them on a strict cycle?.

does no one remember ET?!, it died for our sins.
I had ET...and it wasn't that hard. I not only beat it i found bugs in it...
the problem with et was the hint how to get out of a pit, well people didn't want a hint they just wanted it to be told to them. So if ET had a hint guide it would have been fine.
Erm, he's not saying that ET was hard, he's saying that it sucked.
Accually it was a big game for its time, ATARI people if it had more than 8 rooms it was "big" and if it made a figure more than a blue squard vs red triangle the graphic were wonderful.

Listening to morons saying atari sucked is like listening to a F-15 pilot go on about how the wright brothers plane sucks...yeah will it was the first and all people had.
I Didn't say Atari sucked, I said ET the game sucked
Which seems to be the general consensus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_%28video_game%29

But hey, thanks for calling me a moron for something I didn't say, cheif.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Nurb said:
-Giant corporate Publishers
-investors
-stock prices based on game sales

three major things that ruin games... rather than worrying over making a better GTA game than number 4, they are instead worrying about investors leaving because they're not talking about it enough.
I partly agree. Yet the problem is that even bad an mediocre games sell relatively good.
Especially if you can stamp the GTA label on it. If there were no market or mediocre games
no producer would allow to produce bad games.
It's like Yahtzee says: Not the evil Corporations or Michael Bay are to blame but
the douches who watches his movies and the gamers who buy a new FIFA every year because they
need to have Ze Roberto's newest haircut. This strategy just pays, it's not nice what these firms are doing yet you have to blame the "right" people.

Nurb said:
These are early signs the franchise is going to continue it's downward slide... what's next? babysitting more relatives? maybe a gas gague, forcing us to leave a car or pull into a gas station to fill up, further squeezing out the whacky fun of GTAIII and vice city with more washed out colors and "gritty realism"? OH YAAAAY!
While I generally agree, I want to clarify something again:
This is not a result of evil men who sit in black suits with red glowing eyes
around a huge round table in the dark. It is close to the current feeling of the time:
Grim and gritty is as popular as ever and developers design to satisfy the people's thirst
for something like this. I prefer the more goofy style of Vice City and San Andreas as well
but it seems we are the minority. I assume it is a fashion trend and in future games might become a little ore colorful and upbeat but again blame the people who buy this crap.

It is nothing personal but I major in business administration and I absolutely hate
the cliché of the evil investor who screws everything up.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Amarok said:
Carlston said:
Amarok said:
Carlston said:
swaki said:
i know that videogames are a business first, then an source of entertainment and lastly an art form, but really, they want them to rush their games, keeping them on a strict cycle?.

the problem with et was the hint how to get out of a pit, well people didn't want a hint they just wanted it to be told to them. So if ET had a hint guide it would have been fine.
Accually it was a big game for its time, ATARI people if it had more than 8 rooms it was "big" and if it made a figure more than a blue squard vs red triangle the graphic were wonderful.

Listening to morons saying atari sucked is like listening to a F-15 pilot go on about how the wright brothers plane sucks...yeah will it was the first and all people had.
Which seems to be the general consensus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_%28video_game%29

Then you placed yourself in the moron category I did not just to try and make me look bad and get sympathy?

If someone doesn't flat out call you one, but you focus on the insult and claim your part of that group...not my fault I didn't put ya there. So if you didn't say Atari sucked, why did you put yourself as the subject of those i see as morons?

And honestly I got a box of 300 games that sucked more than that game. Private eye comes to mind, Koolaid man..... ET is just a bandwagon game. If ya can't figure out hold down the button to keep levitating outa the pit...I mean we aren't talking dragons lair pattern know or die game.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
is it me or did take 2 also do Bioshock and the upcoming Bioshock 2?

seems to me they're more than a 1 hit wonder

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Carlston said:
Amarok said:
Carlston said:
Amarok said:
Carlston said:
swaki said:

Then you placed yourself in the moron category I did not just to try and make me look bad and get sympathy?

If someone doesn't flat out call you one, but you focus on the insult and claim your part of that group...not my fault I didn't put ya there. So if you didn't say Atari sucked, why did you put yourself as the subject of those i see as morons?

And honestly I got a box of 300 games that sucked more than that game. Private eye comes to mind, Koolaid man..... ET is just a bandwagon game. If ya can't figure out hold down the button to keep levitating outa the pit...I mean we aren't talking dragons lair pattern know or die game.
Ok, whatever, sure, you didn't call me a moron, that's all well and good, that's fine, let's shake hands etc.

Though neither me or the guy who's ET statement I clarified you ever made mention to it being difficult, so why you keep bringing an "it's not that hard" defense is beyond me. Just in case you're having trouble understanding:

The person I originally backed up said that "does no one remember ET!?" because ET WAS a bandwagon game, it was rushed out (made in 5 DAYS) and mass produced for a quick release, and it was of very poor quality (note how that's why it sucks, not that it was too hard). ET was one of the major factors in the crash of '83. So, by "does no one remember ET?" the poster was merely trying to say that shareholders shouldn't pressure Take 2 to churn out GTA titles at the risk of quality.

Get it? Got it? Probably not, I wholly expect another reply about how the pit is easy to levitate out of.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
The person I originally backed up said that "does no one remember ET!?" because ET WAS a bandwagon game, it was rushed out (made in 5 DAYS) and mass produced for a quick release, and it was of very poor quality (note how that's why it sucks, not that it was too hard). ET was one of the major factors in the crash of '83. So, by "does no one remember ET?" the poster was merely trying to say that shareholders shouldn't pressure Take 2 to churn out GTA titles at the risk of quality.

Get it? Got it? Probably not, I wholly expect another reply about how the pit is easy to levitate out of.[/quote]

And you'd be wrong, I have been on the vocal fore front of quality gaming. Now keep in mind a 16k Atari game spit out in 5 days would probley be taking to long in the eyes of the corpers those days.

ET proved in 83 that even a famous movie franchise can't save a over saturated market, and why bother call it ET when you change the sprites 20 percent of the character, call it Phone Home. And pocket a extra 10 bucks off the cart without movie rights.
The gaming crash was just like the 80's movie bust. Where things that were block busters were called failures, and some new copy of Electric dreams Timewalker ect were spit out every few months....what did we get out of it?

Less movies, but pretty special effects, same damn plot and spaced out more...

Games are about the same. ET wasn't poor quality, hell it was still top of the line, But people remember it for one game play mechanic. Once again, 2600 you did not need much to be grade A. The failure was the extra what 4 million copies they think they needed. Over saturation. The game was just that, a game. The corpers screwed up the entire planning of ET or must we forget it took what 9 years to make it to VHS at which point it was out of the eye and missing so long sales were pitiful.

Now a days we have the same problem. But it's more the movie side of the 80's market failures. We had tons of games thrown at us around the PS1/2 Xbox days. Now, the golden sleepers which were blockbusters are considered failures. They started to spread out the games, turn down many good titles, to spit out Madden every year with what? Better graphics. Look at most FPS's they never evolved past doom/quake except how they look and what new weapons you add, yet in the end, shotgun aim for legs charge.

GTA not being rushed is one thing, the question is why is it being held back?

The "hot coffee" scene? Jesus if they are just trying to offend to get the story in the newspaper again, they need to know.... GTA has always been a good sandbox game, the day they delay it to either offend, make skinmaps of pimply asses, or take fifty times longer on how the main goobers hair flows in the wind then the driving mechanics....games suffer.

We have pretty game, but we have crap for games with no meat on them, plot, freedom, intresting characters, and you know what.... you couldn't even ask for 1/100th of that from many 2600 games. But damnit.....I played a lot more 2600 games longer than most the so called block busters of today.

I grew up as a budding gamer in 83, I saw the crash, the rip offs, the price fixing, and what did it get us? Fewer games that looked pretty, which were just as turd laiden as the last batch.

My thing is, don't compare 83' with today unless you understand a bit further how it went down. If 4 million atari's exist don't make 12 million games. In the old bulk era. You can make clone after clone, but if no one buys them....you lose money. ET was about the same code/level design of Adventure, minus a few rooms and no maze.

Now a days you must not only keep the public intrested, you have to come up with stories, voice actors, 3d models, ect and yeah things get pushed back.... But as the cynical ass I am now a days, when I hear good ol take 2 delaying crap it's either to add something pointless to draw media attention to offend, or they are ripping it out which never should have been there in the first place instead of worrying about a end game product.....because GTA is a BANDWAGON GAME. A bandwagon I'd like to see continue as a GOOD game. Not a lame ass, quick put a smoking Crack mechanic to boost sales toss in the bin.

Get it? Got it? Who cares I find it funny.