GTA V re-release on next gen consoles to cost $75

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

So seems the $70 new higher price is already seeing a certain publisher pushing to see if they can make that price even higher only not with their new AAA outing but the 3rd console generation to get a version of GTA V released on it. Seemingly with no mention of extra features and you can probably bet the same grindy heavily monitised GTA Online mode.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Isn't this a 7 year old game?

Hell, I'm pretty sure anyone who is remotely interested in GTA V has already played it.

See, now I'm worried if Rockstar does a remake of Red Dead Redemption in the RDR2 engine(which is plausible, because New Austin and Mexico already have a lot of work put into them in RDR2, despite being locked off till late game and completely), it's going to also be $70.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
How else is Rockstar going to keep the lights on? I mean, it's not like GTA5 has already made them fucktons of money, right?

I can't wait for the next installment of Grand Theft Auto, undoubtedly commenting on how disgusting and evil corperations are for squeezing money out of the public.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fuck you Rockstar! I've already decided to never buy a game from you again after GTA V. And I didn't even buy that one. My brother bought it and I just played his copy with him.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
How much are they going to milk this damn game anyways? Take 2 needs to check themselves. Does this mean GTA6 will cost $100 minimum since it’ll actually be a “new” release?

Not following why the hell there are so many price levels for next gen games in the first place either. Adding it to the list of reasons why I quit early adoption.

Last edited:

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Devs likely won't see much of it, it will be 2K executives buying another yacht for a bunga bunga party

Indeed, as noted amidst the recent Harry Potter controversy. Devs are generally already paid and often already laid off/furloughed before the game release. Them having any sort of ongoing royalties as it were is a substantial rarity, its all going into the publisherws and/or rights holders (if not the same entity).

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Rockstar/Take 2 are a bunch of dildos.

Edit: And so are the delusional morons in Reddit/GTA online, and idiots who keep buying GTA5 microstranctions/Shark Cards, STOP BUYING THEM, you morons. GTA Online IS pay to win, and any idiot that doesn't know that has their head screwed on wrong.

Buy Rockstar games used please.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Devs likely won't see much of it, it will be 2K executives buying another yacht for a bunga bunga party
I know, but there's always that guy(or couple of guys) who complain that "If we don't buy the games, the Devs lose their jobs".

Except there's no guarantee they won't lose their jobs even if the game makes a bazillion dollars so the executives can pad their bottom line even more and that's no reason to support shitty practices.

Hell, one could donate that money directly to the Devs if that was really the case. I'm sure very few people would turn down a contribution of "Here's $60 I'm not going to spend on that game you worked crunch for 2 years to make".

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
If Take 2 wants to make good on this, then for this version of the game all 100% of the proceeds should go to all the employees who donated their blood sweat and tears - let alone a good chunk of their personal lives and possibly relationships - towards making their games. That would like, you know, be a good start towards compensating the harsh work conditions and such. They shouldn’t really miss it with how much they’ve already milked the damn thing with entertainment industry-wide record breaking sales as it is.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
If Take 2 wants to make good on this, then for this version of the game all 100% of the proceeds should go to all the employees who donated their blood sweat and tears - let alone a good chunk of their personal lives and possibly relationships - towards making their games. That would like, you know, be a good start towards compensating the harsh work conditions and such. They shouldn’t really miss it with how much they’ve already milked the damn thing with entertainment industry-wide record breaking sales as it is.
Yeah, aren't GTO and RDO the cash cows of the company anyway? They could give away the remaster for nothing to people who already own the game and still be rolling in cash.

Considering I can literally buy the original GTAV brand new right now for $20 or less, I'm not sure why I'd pay $40 more then that for a prettier version. Is having extra graphics really gonna make it worth the cost of a brand new game?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, aren't GTO and RDO the cash cows of the company anyway? They could give away the remaster for nothing to people who already own the game and still be rolling in cash.

Considering I can literally buy the original GTAV brand new right now for $20 or less, I'm not sure why I'd pay $40 more then that for a prettier version. Is having extra graphics really gonna make it worth the cost of a brand new game?
The other thing is, what is the install base up to for the game over the last couple generations? Surely petty much anyone who’d ever play it...already has!?

So it’s not like they’re planning on a ton more people buyIng this latest cash grab, unless they really are that foolish.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Joke’s on them, Grand Theft Auto hasn’t been good since GTA2, so that was the last one I paid money for.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Is RDR2 Online pay to win like GTA V?

I don't have RDR2 because I found the controls on PS4 to be awful. Sold my copy after a few hours with the intention of one day getting it on PC. Figured my mouse and keyboard would make it a little better.