Guacamelee!: Gold Edition Rooster-Punches Onto Steam Next Week

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Guacamelee!: Gold Edition Rooster-Punches Onto Steam Next Week

Guacamelee! is finally making its way to PC, complete with bonuses and a 10% launch-week discount.

Guacamelee! was a fine addition to the Metroidvania genre <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10289-Guacamelee-Review-Viva-la-Mexicovania>that a few of us at Escapist were rather impressed with. Between the uniquely animated Mexican setting, well-designed platforming gameplay, and hilariously satisfying combat, it's easy to understand why Guacamelee! could be considered one of 2D gaming's biggest hits of 2013. As a PlayStation exclusive, you needed either a PS3 or Vita to see what the fuss was about, but that will change next week. On August 8th, Guacamelee!'s Gold Edition will officially get its PC launch, complete with Steam-specific bonuses and a 10% launch-week discount.

First off all, Guacamelee!: Gold Edition includes everything from the Sony console versions, including the "El Infierno" expansion. Perhaps even more significant is the inclusion of Steam Workshop support, which lets players download third-party skins designed by fellow community members. The Steam version also comes with full controller and Big Picture support, which is certainly convenient when working want to play through Guacamelee! with a friend in co-op mode.

If you needed more convincing, anyone who purchases Guacamelee!: Gold Edition in the first week will get a free copy of Drinkbox's previous game: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, along with a 10% discount. That's not bad for a game normally priced at $15, so if you were holding out for the PC release, now sounds like a good time to see what the fuss is about.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-guacamelee-gold-edition-launches-next-week-on-steam>Eurogamer

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Excellent. I got to play a demo on an in-store Vita and found it quite amusing.

(Looks back sheepishly at his backlog of games from the Summer Sale.)

...Well, we'll see.

Now, about Dragon's Crown...

Guybythestreet

May 31, 2009
Not the be that annoying guy but: I don't usually mind the grammar and spelling mistakes made in these articles (hell I'm not that good with grammar rules myself) but isn't misspelling the name of the game you are talking about a bit much? (Especially in the title o_O)?

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Guybythestreet said:
Not the be that annoying guy but: I don't usually mind the grammar and spelling mistakes made in these articles (hell I'm not that good with grammar rules myself) but isn't misspelling the name of the game you are talking about a bit much? (Especially in the title o_O)?
That was already caught and fixed a few minutes ago. Thanks for pointing it out though.