Guardians of the Galaxy Full Length Trailer Is Hilarious and Familiar

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy Full Length Trailer Is Hilarious and Familiar

The Full length for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy trailer drops, and it's both awesome, and full of content first seen last summer.

On the heels of the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132318-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Teaser-Delivers-15-Seconds-of-Cosmic-Action>20-second teaser released earlier today, the full-length first trailer for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy premiered tonight on Jimmy Kimmel live. Is it awesome? Yes. After months of teasing, we're finally getting a glimpse of Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora and Star-Lord. There's even a witty cameo by the great John C. Riley. It suggests director James Gunn's unique voice won't be overshadowed by Marvel and Disney' blockbuster sheen. I consider that a win.

But real talk: This is, give or take 5 minutes, the same footage shown off at Comic Con last summer during the Marvel panel. When the footage screened for fans in San Diego last July, Guardians of the Galaxy had been filming for just over a week. The audience, including myself, was wowed, but as you can see from the trailer, it doesn't reveal anything more than "funny, and high budgeted". That isn't to say it means bad tidings: Marvel clearly wants to keep as much of the film's meatier bits, like how Rocket Raccoon sounds, or Vin Diesel's take on Groot, under wraps. But it's interesting nonetheless.

I'm confident Guardians is going to be great. James Gunn has earned a lifetime's worth of benefit of the doubt thanks to Slither alone. But with an untested franchise like this, audiences are going to need to see more than what amounts to a sizzle reel. Here's hoping the next trailer actually reveals something. In the meantime, all hail action hero Andy Dwyer.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I lost it when I saw the Nova Corps Centurion Emblem uniforms. I didn't know they would play such a prominent role. (Huge Nova fan) John C. Riley is no cameo, he is Nova Prime.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Now that is a good trailer. Enough to get a feel of what the movie is going to be like (which appears to be a lighter Doctor Who episode minus the Doctor) without giving away anything important.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Was anyone else reminded of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie when they saw this? I couldn't help it, what with the authentic 70s era sci-fi look of the Nova uniforms. Oh, and the orb at the beginning, next infinity gem. I'm calling it here.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I know absolutely nothing about the Guardians of the Galaxy and yet after watching that trailer I definitely want to watch the movie and learn more, so mission accomplished I guess.

Congrats Marvel, you get yet more of my money. Judging by the gun-wielding raccoon you've earned it!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So... people really weren't kidding about the whole angry raccoon with firearms thing, huh?

Well.

Not gonna lie, I totally wanna see this now. Looks like the first Marvel movie I might really like as opposed to merely yeah-it-was-alright-I-guess.

Oh hey, is that Zoe Zaldanna as the green chick? Seems like it's becoming a speciality.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Needs more Karen Gillian. I know she's in the film. Let me see her in all her bald glory.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
The tone and vibes i'm getting from this trailer fills me with more joy than a kid in a candy store.
Was really hoping for some Rocket dialogue in the trailer, but oh well, best save the majesty for the next trailer/full film.

Can't wait to see Vin Diesel Groot it up!
Can't wait to see Rocket Raccoon!
Can't F***n wait for this film!

inb4 the "Your move DC" comments.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
I like the fact that the Raccoon seemed to be more viscous/violent and not simply the comic relief, in fact humans seem to be doing the comedy whilst the Aliens do the violence.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Honestly? I'm only interested in Vin Diesel and Karen Gillan. Yeah, I'll need a trailer with a LOT more in it to convince me this isn;t going to go the same way as John Carver. Which was fuckin' disgraceful to both the original comics and sci-fi movies.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha, told you they were saving the best for later in the teaser trailer news!

Anyway I want to know the exact date so I can plan my day to watch it undisturb. It better not be on the same day as the MCM Expo!

Also I have only realise now that the Nova Corp and Brainica kinf of share a similar emblem (the 3 dots that shape like a V althought Nova has no lines in the comics).

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Reaper195 said:
Honestly? I'm only interested in Vin Diesel and Karen Gillan. Yeah, I'll need a trailer with a LOT more in it to convince me this isn;t going to go the same way as John Carver. Which was fuckin' disgraceful to both the original comics and sci-fi movies.
I'll assume you're talking about John Carter. And it was a novel series first, indeed the film came out in the centenary of the first novel; 'A Princess of Mars' .

That trailer has cheered me up after a crappy day. Holy balls, what good god damned fun that looked to be.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Knowing nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy and seeing this trailer let me be the first to say........eh.

Look I have no problems with the movie, but honestly this hasn't quite GRABBED me yet to turn it into a must-see. I don't know why, but it's true.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Can I just buy some tickets now? For a comic series I know very little about, I am pretty excited for this movie.