Guardians of the Galaxy Full Length Trailer Is Hilarious and Familiar

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
If it were any other company, I'd be a little leery about a trailer in which the three white guys are the only one's who talk. But Marvel's earned my trust enough that I'll probably go see this when it comes out anyway.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, I may really have to go see this. It looks like it has a sense of humor. Sort of a action comedy in more of a sense than the other Marvel movies have been. This is not a bad thing, judging by the material they had to work with.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I'm sold.

I've never even heard of this comic, and I had a hard time taking the characters seriously when I first heard about them. (Especially Rocket Raccoon.) But this looks like a fun addition to the Marvel universe. I just wonder how well it will mesh with the other franchises, or if it will even directly do so - Thanos seems slated to be the next-next big-bad, after all.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Well... that makes me happy. I love the Guardians of the Galaxy comics. They are fantastic. And this movie is looking pretty damn faithful to me. I simply cannot wait for this any longer! I had my doubts about them being faithful to the overall aesthetic and some of the funnier elements (gotta love Rocket... just remember he has a cockney accent, Marvel). Anyhoo, this is getting shown to all my friends. I have to say that I'm surprised by how well Chris Pratt is fitting into that role. I had some big doubts about him, but he really got himself into shape and is fitting the part well enough.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
thehorror2 said:
If it were any other company, I'd be a little leery about a trailer in which the three white guys are the only one's who talk. But Marvel's earned my trust enough that I'll probably go see this when it comes out anyway.
What about Djimon Hounsou at the beginning? "Who are you?"

Also, as a passionate fan of the recent Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm beyond thrilled by this.

My little recommendation to everyone here: check out Marvel's "Annihilation" comic run. You can find it on Amazon. It's the best cosmic story they've done in years and was easily my favorite story they did in the past decade, especially during the woefully un-fun, un-heroic Civil War mess.

Now, all we need is my man, Richard Rider, in all his Nova glory, and my life will be complete.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Angelous Wang said:
I like the fact that the Raccoon seemed to be more viscous/violent and not simply the comic relief, in fact humans seem to be doing the comedy whilst the Aliens do the violence.
Indeed. Kick-ass aliens are always cooler than generic superhumans. Those needle teeth of his made my hair stand on end, too. I'm sure there'll still be plenty of comedy gold with them though, because this group is all about witty banter.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Trishbot said:
thehorror2 said:
What about Djimon Hounsou at the beginning? "Who are you?"

Also, as a passionate fan of the recent Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm beyond thrilled by this.

My little recommendation to everyone here: check out Marvel's "Annihilation" comic run. You can find it on Amazon. It's the best cosmic story they've done in years and was easily my favorite story they did in the past decade, especially during the woefully un-fun, un-heroic Civil War mess.

Now, all we need is my man, Richard Rider, in all his Nova glory, and my life will be complete.
Annihilation is my favorite Marvel event ever. Beats out Secret War and Infinity Gauntlet in my book.

I would jizz my pants if OG Richard Rider appears in this movie at some point (r gets his own).

OT: They nailed the atmosphere and the feel of the DnA Guardians run for sure. Only thing missing is ROcket Raccoon being a witty asshole XD

HBaskerville

Jun 22, 2010
I know there will be lots of love for this, but is no one else bothered that the dude/tree/raccoon "close-ups" are them doing something badass, and then poor Zoe Saldana gets hers and she's naked showing side boob followed by swooshing her hair. Isn't she supposed to be a badass, too? Why not show her kicking ass, rather than being cheesecake?

And before you say "it's just the trailer, relax bro" - every shot in this trailer was meticulously chosen. No accidents here. So I say c'mon Marvel, it's time to invent body suits that zip to the neck (I'm looking at you Avengers) and for goodness sake try to introduce a female character without showing her boobs.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I'm astounded that nobody's mentioned how excited they are to see Dave Batista wow us all with another inspired performance.

Sarcasm over, I see Peter Serafinowicz behind John C Reilly there - voice of Darth Maul and generally funny bloke. Glad he's made it back into the big-budget.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
HBaskerville said:
I know there will be lots of love for this, but is no one else bothered that the dude/tree/raccoon "close-ups" are them doing something badass, and then poor Zoe Saldana gets hers and she's naked showing side boob followed by swooshing her hair. Isn't she supposed to be a badass, too? Why not show her kicking ass, rather than being cheesecake?
Yeah, I'm really hoping we can just once get a female comic book character who has a serious reason for being on the team besides 'because she has boobs.'

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
You got to go to San Diego Comic Con, Ross? Dammit! I would give vital parts of my anatomy just to attend that convention once in my life.

Jealousy aside, I enjoyed this trailer very much. It gave us a rundown of each character on the team while hinting at others like The Collector and Nebula, showed off a good amount of footage without spoiling anything too major, and it definitely gave those who post Blue Swede's Hooked on a Feeling on YouTube a major bump. The movie has a Star Wars (original trilogy) feel but with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy type of humor mixed with it. It's nice that a movie like this doesn't take itself too seriously, unlike DC Comics current theatrical outings we've seen. Hope to see more from this movie down the road.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Falterfire said:
Yeah, I'm really hoping we can just once get a female comic book character who has a serious reason for being on the team besides 'because she has boobs.'
What do you consider, "a serious reason"? Seems to me that Storm has a pretty damned good reason to be on the X-men that has nothing to do with her breasts, being that she's a very powerful mutant, a team leader and one of the wisest members. I can also state with some confidence that Jubilee isn't on the team because of her breasts. I'm not sure what you mean by "because she has boobs" anyway, given that every female member of the X-men has some reason to be on the team that has nothing to do with her sex. I have read a bit of X-men over the years, and I'm not sure I can recall anyone being admitted to the team because of breast size over, say, her ability to fire beams of energy around or lift trucks or control people's minds.

I don't mean to sound confrontational, but your assertion makes little sense to me.

Dec 16, 2009
Gorrath said:
Falterfire said:
What do you consider, "a serious reason"? Seems to me that Storm has a pretty damned good reason to be on the X-men that has nothing to do with her breasts, being that she's a very powerful mutant, a team leader and one of the wisest members. I can also state with some confidence that Jubilee isn't on the team because of her breasts. I'm not sure what you mean by "because she has boobs" anyway, given that every female member of the X-men has some reason to be on the team that has nothing to do with her sex. I have read a bit of X-men over the years, and I'm not sure I can recall anyone being admitted to the team because of breast size over, say, her ability to fire beams of energy around or lift trucks or control people's minds.

I don't mean to sound confrontational, but your assertion makes little sense to me.
I may be wrong, but I think he was talking about the Marvel Studios films rather than their comics

MANIFESTER

Sep 14, 2009
Falterfire said:
Well considering Gamora's ties to Thanos (the big villain teased in the Avengers movie), I will hope she will have plenty of reason to be on the team somewhere down the line at least. Hell, Thanos is basically the big bad nemesis of the Guardians so she fits in just fine in the comics. So waylay those fears good sir!

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Chessrook44 said:
Knowing nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy and seeing this trailer let me be the first to say........eh.

Look I have no problems with the movie, but honestly this hasn't quite GRABBED me yet to turn it into a must-see. I don't know why, but it's true.
Knowing nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy till I heard about this movie, I can say I'm excited. It looks like good Sci-fi and there is not enough scifi out there that isn't some J.J. Abrahms bleh fest.

Browncoat86

Mar 27, 2008
HBaskerville said:

And before you say "it's just the trailer, relax bro" - every shot in this trailer was meticulously chosen. No accidents here. So I say c'mon Marvel, it's time to invent body suits that zip to the neck (I'm looking at you Avengers) and for goodness sake try to introduce a female character without showing her boobs.
To be fair, right before that there was also a cheescake shot of Chris Pratt.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Gorrath said:
Falterfire said:

I may be wrong, but I think he was talking about the Marvel Studios films rather than their comics
That wouldn't really address my misunderstanding though, given that Black Widow's presence on the Avengers has everything to do with her ability to be a super spy and nothing to do with being a female. One could argue that they played on her good looks for the scene where she's interrogating the Russians, but if anything that scene showed exactly why assuming she's little more than a pretty face is pretty stupid. The way she toyed with Loki was one of the best parts of the Avengers movie. So I'm not sure how anyone could arrive at the conclusion she's on the team because of her chest.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Fappy said:
OT: They nailed the atmosphere and the feel of the DnA Guardians run for sure. Only thing missing is ROcket Raccoon being a witty asshole XD
They cast Bradley Cooper as Rocket. Of COURSE he's going to be a witty asshole.