Guardians of the Galaxy Full Length Trailer Is Hilarious and Familiar

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
RossaLincoln said:
blalien said:
So how does this fit in with the Thor cosmology? Does this take place on the realms that haven't been covered in the Thor movies? Are there other inhabited planets besides the nine realms?

Are the characters aliens who happen to look like humans? Does this take place in the future? Are there humans who colonized space that we don't know about?
It ties directly to Thor cosmology in some way. If you recall, the stinger in Thor 2 had Asgardians dropping off one of the infinity "stones" with The Collector (Benicio del Toro), linking the Asgardian "nine realms" with the GotG Galaxy. The Collector is one of the villains of GotG, which means it takes place in now times and not in the 31st century. If I'm not mistaken, the nine realms are more like 9 distinct planets within the Milky Way galaxy connected by wormholes like the Rainbow Bridge. There are countless other worlds out there, just not connected by the world tree.
That's kind of what I thought, thanks.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sold. Just...sold. Of course, I was already sold when I first heard about this, but now...sold more. I think I'm more excited about this than I am about Winter Soldier--and that's saying something because Captain America is my favorite Avenger by far.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
That was fun. And YES a good trailer. I dont feel that spoiled anything other than who they are and hell for this people need to know who these guys are and that they will be awesome.
Well looks like I know what to look farward to after captain america 2...That is the problem with all these marvel movies you leave them thinking wow that was awesome ok now what is next.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
RossaLincoln said:
But with an untested franchise like this, audiences are going to need to see more than what amounts to a sizzle reel.
No, no they don't, one word and one word only, Marvel.

On Topic:

Awesome trailer look forward to the movie.