Guardians of the Galaxy Impressions - The better Avengers

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So late to the party that not only is the party over but we've had several OTHER parties since that you also missed.
His video is basically patreon filler, until he comes out with a bigger video. He just reviewed Resident Evil 4 Remake a few weeks ago; it's not like anybody else was that desperate for another video right then and there. Gaming Brit even mentioned that he's never coming back to GoG again after this. Why even bother? I do find it ironic he's giving it praise, while hating on GoW 2018 for doing the same or similar thing (though some of his feelings have eased up, but GB still never apologized acting like a jackass about it).

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
His videos basically patreon filler, until he comes out with a bigger video. He just reviewed Resident Evil 4 remake a few weeks ago, it's not like anybody else was that desperate for another video right then and there. Gaming Brit even mentioned that he's never coming back to GoG again after this. Why even bother? I do find it ironic he's giving us praise, wow hating on GoW 2018 for doing the same or similar thing (though some of his feelings have eased up, but he still never apologized acting like a jackass about it).
You know what's sort of interesting about the "Sony movie game" is that in a way they've kind of created a brand new genre of game. These cinematic set piece type games technically cross over with many genres like brawlers, 3rd person shooters, etc, but their focus on bombastic set piece story telling makes them more hollywood blockbuster like which isn't really shared with anything else. Broadly I suppose they all fall into action/adventures but there is a niche difference between these games and things like Bayonetta (specticle fighter).

And I think they are pretty cool for the most part.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know what's sort of interesting about the "Sony movie game" is that in a way they've kind of created a brand new genre of game. These cinematic set piece type games technically cross over with many genres like brawlers, 3rd person shooters, etc, but their focus on bombastic set piece story telling makes them more hollywood blockbuster like which isn't really shared with anything else. Broadly I suppose they all fall into action/adventures but there is a niche difference between these games and things like Bayonetta (specticle fighter).
And I think they are pretty cool for the most part.
Most people share the same reasonable sentiments you have. The issue is with people like Brit or Yahtzee, who don't like this design philosophy, because it's either "too limiting" (some cases they have a point, but it's highly exaggerated), for the thing they like isn't popular or isn't as popular anymore. Or they're afraid that everybody would draw the wrong lessons from it, and that there will be a game of apocalypse (Gaming Brit). The persons I mentioned was basically them just being upset that nobody's playing the games or genre they love. Of course people are going to pay all the leader, the best you can do is just avoid the games or don't play them if you don't want to. Nobody's forcing either you to play these games. How much you need abused in the clicks that badly. There other reasoning is on Old Man yelling at cloud syndrome. I'm more so referring to Yahtzee in this case.

Bayonetta (specticle fighter).
The correct term is Stylish Action. Spectacle Fighter lost all its meaning to me by 2014. Not that I actually liked the term to begin with. I'll also accept beat'em up, brawler, or hack n' slash.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The correct term is Stylish Action. Spectacle Fighter lost all its meaning to me by 2014. Not that I actually liked the term to begin with. I'll also accept beat'em up, brawler, or hack n' slash.
But does Stylish Action have a catchy jingle? I THINK NOT!!!!

Specticle Fighter, makes my testicles tighter!

Check and Mate!

Reactions: BrawlMan