Guardians of the Galaxy Poster Is All About The Space Action

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
All that's missing is Howard the Duck in a laser-mounted golf cart.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Is it just me or do Drax's markings look really weird in this poster?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That's very, very 70's sci fi that poster is.

A certain film about a farm boy and an unshielded exhaust port springs to mind.

I like it.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Fanghawk said:
...why is Starlord so freaking huge compared to Drax and Groot? Yes, I get he's the main character, but come on. <a href=http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/The-Avengers-Poster.jpg>Even The Avengers poster didn't let Iron Man pull that on the Hulk.
Actually, looking at that Avengers poster, they kinda did let Iron Man be larger than the Hulk...

Anyway, looking forward to this, even if only as: "I wonder if they can actually pull off something this CRAZY?"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Star Lord does seem to be towering over everyone there, doesn't he? Oh well, it still looks fun. I can't wait to see it.

Anyone else see this poster and think that this should have been the cover art for Mass Effect 2? Or is that just me?

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Ive not been this excited for a movie in a looooong time.

I like the poster, it harks back to classic sci fi which many a grown comic fan grew up with.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Sniper Team 4 said:
Anyone else see this poster and think that this should have been the cover art for Mass Effect 2? Or is that just me?
I'm in complete agreement. The box art for Mass Effect 2 and 3 were a major disappointment compared to the great box art the first game had. It really gave off that 70's-80's sci-fi epic feel.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Hey look, they have the female character in a similar pose to the rest of the cast instead of making her show her butt.

Progress!
I was going to say the exact same thing, kind of surprised. Good job marvel.

So hyped for this movie, god I hope it delivers.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Marvel heard about Disney buying Star Wars and basically pulled a Bender.

"Fine. I'll make my own Star Wars. With blackjack and hookers!"

And I SOOOO want to see this.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
This looks like a movie poster someone made for the background of another less-interesting movie or video game, complete with the machine gun-wielding raccoon.

Awesome.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
The only thing this poster is missing is the villains face all see through in the background taking up 2/3rds of the poster. Even without that final touch to make this the perfect Star Wars poster nod, it still looks fantastic.

Just take my money now Marvel, I can't wait another month.

Cyrromatic

Mar 9, 2012
This might just be me, but does it look like Star-Lord's dual-wielding Halo plasma pistols?
Hey, that's my thought exactly!

Overall though, that is one helluva rad poster.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Fappy said:
Is it just me or do Drax's markings look really weird in this poster?
It looks like they enhanced the reds to a ridiculous extent. It's super weird looking, no doubt about that. He actually looks extra pudgy in that pose too, haha.

OT: I really can't wait to see this movie. I wish they went with the modern incarnation of Star Lord, it just makes it seem so much bigger that way. But I'm over it, it's still got Rocket!