Guess the Screenshot: Anime Edition

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
The premise?

Simple: guess which anime series the screenshot has come from.

Bonus points for examples of QUALITY animation.[footnote]Said bonus points are just for your own self satisfaction and are irredeemable, unfortunately.[/footnote]

I'll start us off with something easy to guess:

This thread is sponsored by the Escapist United Nations of Pure Fun [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-United-Nations-of-Pure-Fun]​

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
OT: Can anyone guess what anime this is from?

That, my good sir, would be from Elfen Lied.
Also, pro tip, saving the screenshot with the anime's name in it is probably not great for this game. I knew it regardless though. XD

Here's my contribution.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Kitsune Hunter said:
It looks........very Hunter X Hunter I think....don't really know though, havent seen the anime and it's been ages since I read the manga.

Also I find it quite funny that no one has found out what my first pic is from.

ALSO also, there was no mentioning the fact that you couldnt use screenshots from a trailer.....so.....

hehehehheehehehehhehehehehehehehehehheheeh

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Morsomk said:
Right, I'm guessing it is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Anyhoo, here is my image.
Damn sure that's from the Tales of Vesperia prequel-to-the-game-anime-movie, Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike.

Because of how sure I am, I'll post two (albeit two easy ones).

and

:D

Morsomk_v1legacy

Jan 30, 2013
Mistermixmaster said:
You were indeed correct my good sir, I am also going to throw in that your first pic is of Bleach, cause I love Isshin just so goddamn much. Best character ever.

No idea on the second one.

Also, I am going to be an ass and post something no one is going to be able to guess. If someone is able to actually know what this is from, then just all the cookies in the world for him/her.

Now, to actually post something someone might actually know! He or she will also get all the cookies in the world for guessing this correctly because this is actually the best manga story that I've read after Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer that got a......very poor anime to say the least.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Morsomk said:
After a large amount of calculated research I have determinded that is a anime called "Groove Adventure Rave".
I have never heard of it but damn it was hard to look for.

Time for mine~!

EDITED BECAUSE IT DID NOT WORK!
New picture!

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
StormShaun said:
Time for mine~!

EDITED BECAUSE IT DID NOT WORK!
New picture!

I believe that is from Cromartie High School, I haven't seen it myself, but I heard things about it

Now time for a screenshot from a very good anime that I rewatched a couple of weeks ago

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Morsomk said:
Also I find it quite funny that no one has found out what my first pic is from.

ALSO also, there was no mentioning the fact that you couldnt use screenshots from a trailer.....so.....

hehehehheehehehehhehehehehehehehehehheheeh
Denpa Kyoushi, so easy. The manga was amazing.

As for my entry...

Morsomk_v1legacy

Jan 30, 2013
Aethren said:
Denpa Kyoushi, so easy. The manga was amazing.

As for my entry...

Well to be honest, it was either that or him only showing his back in the dark, wanted to make it more easier on some people but you completely ruined it! Also, ALL THE COOKIES IN THE WORLD FOR YOU, because you know what Denpa Kyoushi is before it got turned into an anime.

Ohh right, my guess......She looks like one of the girls from Hayate no Gotoku.

Also, once again! I ask people to try and guess which one this is. You're probably not going to get it right, but in the offchange that you do. Congratulations, you are one the few people who knows where this is from and that makes you even more awesome.

So yeah, here is my actual next image.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Kitsune Hunter said:
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, watched it while I was on a Type Moon binge over the Summer

Mmm, Ilya~

Also: Magi: Labyrinth of Magic.

Now this one ought to be easy...I will be disappoint if it is not easily guessed.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Kitsune Hunter said:
evilneko said:
Now this one ought to be easy...I will be disappoint if it is not easily guessed.

Easy, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki, the anime that got me into anime

I do believe that is Shiki.

This one I just discovered recently and it quickly became one of my favorites.