Guess the video game quote.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
"Who the fuck are you--bbllllleeeeeberrhgffggggghhhh (vomit noises)?!"
"You missed." DmC: Devil May Cry, the game that would have gotten better reviews and better sales if it was named literally anything else.

--

"Welcome to the White House!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Two obscure ones.

"You are going to die and you are going to scream while you die and then you will be dead."

"I suffer from a severe case of death."

EDIT: double checked, I got the second quote slightly wrong.

Last edited:

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Two obscure ones.

"You are going to die and you are going to scream while you die and then you will be dead."

"I suffer from a severe case of being dead."
"I'll kill you! I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!"

Sadly not a video game quote.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"I'll kill you! I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!"

Sadly not a video game quote.
Superboy Prime (I know it's "Superman Prime", but like Linkara said, he does not deserve that name) from Infinite Crisis.

On that note, there's a quote from a video game that's almost similar to it. Instead it's, "He's going to kill you all to death!".

There are so many people who are not going to know this.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
"People die when they're killed."

Most famous from the anime, but it's also in the game/VN it's based on.
Fate/Stay Night

"It is a command that arose from the basis of a program". (I have affection for this game, but the translation/localization team didn't really bring their A-game for it.)

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
This thread seems to have died down, and the quotes I provided are probably too obscure so I figured I might give the answers away.

Two obscure ones.

"I suffer from a severe case of death."

EDIT: double checked, I got the second quote slightly wrong.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'll give answers to the ones of mine that no one got as well:

"Could you tell me about that day, that the snow turned to rain..." -- Shenmue. Surprised no one got it.

"I get it. You're the big S, the devil. 'In exchange for your immortal soul' and all that, am I right?" -- Shadow of Destiny/Memories. That game had some great line delivery, in a cheesy way.

"It's a me, Mario!" -- Assassin's Creed 2. I thought someone would guess that, as it was mentioned 2 posts earlier.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Mortal, you have served your purpose. Now face your end. I am the all-consuming void. What can one mote of golden light illuminate within the abyss? Countless stars. Countless worlds. Countless lives. All fell to me, all brought to nothing. All the teeming chaos of creation? Brought to order. To neutrality. To nothing. I saw your mind as you ran through my prison. You have fought machines and gods. They were mighty? They were finite. I am infinite. I am nothing. You struggle as so many have done before. You will be consumed like all those before you. I saw your mind. Your courage never wavered. Why? Arrogance? Ignorance? Stupidity? I was contained once. Once. Is that why? My captors bent time and space. My captors built a whole reality to contain me. My captors burn their souls away to fuel their engines. And you? You glitter; you fly about me like a gnat. I am inevitable, I cannot be denied. You strike this incarnation with all your might. It changes nothing. You are not brave; you are not victorious. No matter what form I take... The End comes for you all!

##

In a time long past, the Armies of the Dark came again into the lands of Men. Their leaders became known as The Fallen Lords, and their terrible sorcery was without equal in the West. For sixty years, they reduced the civilized nations to carrion and ash, until the free city of Madrigal alone defied them. An army gathered there, and a desperate battle was joined against the Fallen. Heroes were born in the fire and bloodshed of the wars which followed, and their names and deeds will never be forgotten.

##

Resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved... but you imposed

##

I have spend thousands of years trapped here working towards this. I found you people in mud huts, you were living in caves! I raised you in triumph, I guided you every step of the way... and now we're almost there. Once the TCN is online, you can have your planet back. And I can finally ascend. Just do this one last thing: enter the Tower. It's such a small cost.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On that note, there's a quote from a video game that's almost similar to it. Instead, it's, "He's going to kill you all to death!".
I'll answer mine as well. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

"Absilio Mundus!"
Don't blame anyone for not figuring this one out. I bet not too many of you have even played this GBA game. Gunstar Super Heroes.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
"I see you finally made up your mind... my dear, fated princess... Freedom for you must stem from betrayal. If you still yearn for it now... then you must not err. Now tell me... Who shall you betray? Yes, that gaze...! I can finally display my true strength. I am thou, thou art I... Let us adorn your departure into freedom with a beautiful betrayal."

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
"I see you finally made up your mind... my dear, fated princess... Freedom for you must stem from betrayal. If you still yearn for it now... then you must not err. Now tell me... Who shall you betray? Yes, that gaze...! I can finally display my true strength. I am thou, thou art I... Let us adorn your departure into freedom with a beautiful betrayal."
...why did I read "Princess" and immediately think of Princess Peach?

That said, probably not Bowser. 0_0

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
"I am thou, thou art I" makes me think of the Persona series. Is it from any of those?