Guild Wars 2: Tequatl Rising Hits the Net Next Week

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Guild Wars 2: Tequatl Rising Hits the Net Next Week

Guild Wars 2's next update will make dragons even more deadly and improve group play.

It's barely been a week since the developers behind Guild Wars 2 relaunched the game's Super Adventure Box [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127211-Guild-Wars-2s-Super-Adventure-Box-Returns-With-More], but that hasn't stopped them from gearing up to release yet another update. Tequatl Rising will hit the net on September 17th. The update will add a tool that should allow players to more easily find a group and implement a much-needed overhaul to one of the game's bosses, Tequatl.

Currently the Tequatl battle involves a lot of standing around, and players are only occasionally required to dodge an attack. But ArenaNet, the game's developer, promises a much more exciting experience after the update is released. Here's a snippet from the press release:

"The update features the return of Tequatl the Sunless, the fierce dragon boss who rises from the water to destroy and devour. New and more challenging combat mechanics from Tequatl will require players to work together and adopt creative strategies to prevail; the fight promises to be epic and one of the most difficult encounters yet!"

The Looking For Group tool has been on the fanbase's wish list for a very long time, so today's announcement came as a welcome surprise. Once it's released, players should have no problem finding a group for fractals, dungeons, PvP, or anything else that requires more than one player.

Tequatl Rising will be released on September 17th, which gives players a week to get their personal affairs in order before re-dedicating their lives to dragon hunting.

If you'd like more information about the update, check out the Tequatl Rising launch page [https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/september-17-2013/].

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I'm more excited about the group system than tequila getting an update. Most of the time I run with one of my guilds, but when you just want to farm or similar it's annoying that mapchat is the best way to find a group. I also hope Tequila will be better than Jormag, as in, not just long and kind of annoying.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I certainly hoped this upcoming update will make up for the recent Super Advenuture Box (how did I missed the Escapist news on that?) since the team creating that went way overboard in the bad way (world 2 is harder and longer that it's more frustrating than fun to play).
Still I am glad they are given that boss a makeover as I never get why that dragon champion just stand there and just summon bone wall, large minion and breath its bad breath as oppose to just flying about and swiping the players away with its massive claws?

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
CriticKitten said:
All the same, it's a promising start. Now they just need to overhaul all the other world bosses, because they all have exact same problem.
They are. The release article says they're retooling all bosses in addition to Tequatl, specifically Megadestroyer, Golem Mark II, and Fire Elemental.

Incidentally, Megadesroyer: seriously missed opportunity. It's just a giant Destroyer Troll (with boss mechanics), but it could have been like destroyer Voltron... Harpy wings, Crabs for legs, Troll body... and a Hatchling on/as its head! Please, can somebody with talent help me draw that?

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Scarim Coral said:
I certainly hoped this upcoming update will make up for the recent Super Advenuture Box (how did I missed the Escapist news on that?) since the team creating that went way overboard in the bad way (world 2 is harder and longer that it's more frustrating than fun to play).
Still I am glad they are given that boss a makeover as I never get why that dragon champion just stand there and just summon bone wall, large minion and breath its bad breath as oppose to just flying about and swiping the players away with its massive claws?
Have you done W2 post hot-patch? They fixed a lot of issues with W2 like the arrow traps, water spouts, flower launchers. Ninjas are still a pain in the rear, though (intended).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Deathfish15 said:
Scarim Coral said:
Have you done W2 post hot-patch? They fixed a lot of issues with W2 like the arrow traps, water spouts, flower launchers. Ninjas are still a pain in the rear, though (intended).
I have but I'm still put off that World 2 is long and annoying. While the patch had made it less frustrating but it is still frustration none the less.
I pretty much intend to skip it in favour of catching up with other stuffs I got to do in that game (like finish the story with my Guardian) which means I won't be faster at getting my next achievement chest.