Guitar Hero 5 setlist complete

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
I can't believe that Activision is releasing Guitar Hero 5. Why not boycott Guitar Hero games? I personally think that every Guitar Hero game (except Metallica, I love Metallica!) after 3 sucked. Guitar Hero 2 was the highest point in the franchise.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Mercernary said:
Where the hell is Stairway to Heaven? I wanna battle the God of Rock!
I can not agree with you enough. But I guess they'll save that for Guitar Hero 30 or XXX when they finally finish this bastard off...lol.

Feb 8, 2009
They chose a Weezer track from Pinkerton. Sweet.

Also, Plug In Baby, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Hurts So Good, blah blah....all good songs, but nothing that would make me want to buy the game. Every time I play a new guitar hero game, I just want to go and play Rock Band again. If my friends buy it, I may play the few songs I like with them, but otherwise, it's a no go.

ExistentialCrisis

Dec 29, 2008
A couple of gripes/comments:
- they picked the most overrated Smashing Pumpkins song ever (how about "Tales From A Scorched Earth", perhaps?)
- they picked the most underwhelming King Crimson song ("Frame By Frame" is superior)
- they picked the best Rush song; Rush should be in every single entry of this series (yes, even the ones for Metallica and The Beatles)
- I hate 3 Doors Down :(
- "Plug In Baby" is a good Muse song choice
- good choices for APC and Bob Dylan
- IT'S ABOUT F***ING TIME FRAMPTON WAS INCLUDED :D
- "Du Hast" looks like it would hurt to play, especially if they do that "give the guitar the keyboard part" thing they love doing and the fact that it is generally repetitious
- I hate Sublime :(
- the inclusion of some funk (Stevie Wonder, Wild Cherry) is long overdue

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
There are maybe 20 songs in there that I like, have interest in, or everyone else likes. But seriously, how are Children of Bodom, Blink-182, or the Gorillaz musicians?! Much less, Guitar Heroes? But oh well, at least they have A Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Megadeth, Johnny Cash, Rush, and Deep Purple.

So who thinks this is gonna be a shitty cash cow like Smash Hits? Anyone?

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
TaborMallory said:
Lets see here... Nope, still sucks.

Blink-182? AFI? Gorillaz? Come on Guitar Hero, you can do better than that.
I'd agree completely with this.. The only track on there I'd consider playing more than a couple of times would be Sultans of Swing.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
I counted and I like a total of 17 of those songs. Some of them not that much either. If anything it's got far too much spread trying to cater to everybody I think. Instead of concentrating on good guitar tracks and things that are fun to play, they seem to just be chucking in any popular songs regardless of how unfulfilling they are to play, to try and reel as many people to the franchise as possible. Fucking greedy Activision.

I really doubt I'll be getting this one. I'd much rather play Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Edit:
Sh0ckFyre said:
There are maybe 20 songs in there that I like, have interest in, or everyone else likes. But seriously, how are Children of Bodom, Blink-182, or the Gorillaz musicians?! Much less, Guitar Heroes? But oh well, at least they have A Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Megadeth, Johnny Cash, Rush, and Deep Purple.

So who thinks this is gonna be a shitty cash cow like Smash Hits? Anyone?
Have you even heard Children Of Bodom before? Alexi Laiho is probably the most technically gifted or second most gifted guitarist on that whole game.

andwinbur

May 22, 2009
there's only 6 songs I've heard of and 5 I actually like, you disappoint me Guitar Hero, it would be nice if they had some sort of "send requests and we'll put those on a Guitar Hero game" method of choosing songs.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
TV on the Radio, Brand New, Band of Horses. this list is pretty awesome Sowing Season (Yeah) will be a blast to sing.

ntm all the other more popular hits theyve got like Under Pressure, Sweating Bullets and Sultans of Swing.

This list just got me really excited for GH5

i stopped getting Guitar Hero Games after 3 and stuck with rock band

should i go back and grab a couple? i know for a fact i dont want Aerosmith but Metallica and 4, are they any good?

Nov 28, 2007
YYZed said:
TV on the Radio, Brand New, Band of Horses. this list is pretty awesome Sowing Season (Yeah) will be a blast to sing.

ntm all the other more popular hits theyve got like Under Pressure, Sweating Bullets and Sultans of Swing.

This list just got me really excited for GH5

i stopped getting Guitar Hero Games after 3 and stuck with rock band

should i go back and grab a couple? i know for a fact i dont want Aerosmith but Metallica and 4, are they any good?
Metallica is good if you like Metallica, and the songs are fun on guitar. As for 4...well, it's very much a case of "your mileage may vary". I'd recommend looking at the setlist first.

omgwaffles

Jul 23, 2009
good thing i took my hand off the stove after guitar hero world tour so I wont get burned on this one.

smokeybearsb

Feb 2, 2009
thebobmaster said:
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1002273p1.html

Well, now that the full setlist for Guitar Hero 5 is confirmed, what does everyone think of it? Personally, I think it is a bit uneven, but I'm definitely going to play the game. I've been waiting far too long to play "Spirit of Radio" and "Sultans of Swing".
YES! My favorite Queens of the Stone Age song!!! And some Rammstein too! I. am. happy!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
They have 'What I got' by Sublime?! Well hot damn, I'm gonna be singing that! Not a bad setlist IMO.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
also Vampire Weekend - A-Punk deserves some recognition thatll be fun to sing.