Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits Confirmed with Details, Tracks

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits Confirmed with Details, Tracks

Activision has started discussing the details for its second Guitar Hero band game, this time recycling songs from older titles with new instruments added.

With a backlog of online songs and no direct sequel to Guitar Hero: World Tour announced, Activision has announced Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits, a full-band rendition of 48 songs from past Guitar Hero games.

The songs are being updated with new note tracks to support master tracks of previously recorded songs and to allow play for the drums and bass. For additional self-inflicted pain, drummers will be exposed to the brutal "Expert+" difficulty, a mode so hard one game producer recommends the purchase of "some spare arms and legs," for those skilled enough to survive.

Eight of the final 48 songs are:
[ul]
[li]"Them Bones" by Alice in Chains[/li]
[li]"Killer Queen" by Queen[/li]
[li]"Nothin' But A Good Time" by Poison[/li]
[li]"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against The Machine[/li]
[li]"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister[/li]
[li]"I Love Rock N Roll" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts[/li]
[li]"Barracuda" by Heart[/li]
[li]"Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce[/li]
[/ul]

"We wanted to come up with an ideal setlist that would appeal to long term players and newcomers. Put simply, we chose the songs that we felt were the most fun based on the music experience and the gameplay experience - both solo and full band," Paul Gadbois, producer at developer Beenox who is working with Activision on the title. "We ended up with a one of a kind setlist that we feel represents the best, most entertaining music from the Guitar Hero franchise."

This new rendition of Guitar Hero, including only the software, will be coming in June for $59.99 on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, while Wii and PS2 will be $49.99 and $39.99 respectively.

Source: IGN [http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/959/959159p1.html]

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Hooray! Maybe we will get to play Freebird and Cult of Personnality! In a virtual band! This is what I was hoping Activision would do, hopefully with all master-tracks as well this time.

I just wish they wouldn't charge full price for what is essentially recycled songs and a shortened setlist.

bioVOLTAGE

Dec 28, 2008
It would be better if they didn't have to charge full price for it. I think that it would also be a great opportunity to get alot of the songs from the first game and the Rock the 80's onto the new consoles. But really, couldn't they just put them up for download?

Nov 28, 2007
bioVOLTAGE said:
It would be better if they didn't have to charge full price for it. I think that it would also be a great opportunity to get alot of the songs from the first game and the Rock the 80's onto the new consoles. But really, couldn't they just put them up for download?
Activision: Milking titles for all they're worth since 2006. (Personally, I mark it at the purchase of Red Octane. You may feel differently.)

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Activision strikes again! Not to say this isn't nice for people who have no previous titles, but...

Me, I'm holding out for Rock Band: Beatles

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
ChickDangerous said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Yes, and why "Through the Fire and the Flames"? Its not as if that song has not caused enough pain as it is.
Why? Because it's an awesome song!
Not in my book. The guys who make the songs (the in game songs) are made harder then they are in real life. Add a few notes here, some slide notes there, a little bit more hammer ons etc. TTFATF is a prime example of this.

superdance14

Oct 15, 2008
It seems that Activision has decided to milk the series where they've already been milked instead of Harmonix's idea of making a new game with the greatest band of all time.

BenMcMichael

Feb 6, 2009
superdance14 said:
It seems that Activision has decided to milk the series where they've already been milked instead of Harmonix's idea of making a new game with the greatest band of all time.
greatest band of all time is a point of view, and yes i dont mean to troll on this occasion or any other occasion on this site but i dont agree with you. I can appreaciate how huge they were, the loads of hits and number 1s and the world domination but they dont really appeal to me. So i for one someone who is not a fan of the beatles and some1 who doesnt own gh 1,2,rock the 80s is looking quite forward to this title

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
plastic_window said:
Hooray! Maybe we will get to play Freebird and Cult of Personnality! In a virtual band! This is what I was hoping Activision would do, hopefully with all master-tracks as well this time.

I just wish they wouldn't charge full price for what is essentially recycled songs and a shortened setlist.
The hell did you expect? Its Activision.
Yes, and why "Through the Fire and the Flames"? Its not as if that song has not caused enough pain as it is.

I'm sick of Activision charging full price for about 40 songs, while GH: WT had 84 songs and had the same price.
I so want to see a full band doing Through the Fire and the Flames, instead of just one person. I saw a Youtube video a while back of a guy who acieved 100% on Expert, I honestly thought he was going to drop dead at the end. Seriously. Imagine that with a full band, on Expert. It would be torture. Just call me a sadist... ;)

Jul 9, 2008
GyroCaptain said:
Activision strikes again! Not to say this isn't nice for people who have no previous titles, but...

Me, I'm holding out for Rock Band: Beatles
Me too. I never bought Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or any other single-band games, but I plan to buy this one. Beatles rock.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Meeh, Activision and me don't get along very well, so I think I'll skip this one.

The only way they would make money on me was if they personally contacted me and let me choose which songs would be featured in the game.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
BenMcMichael said:
Digikid said:
This series needs to DIE!
someone who failed the retard test, ooops i mean easy mode
Seriously though. If you want to play Guitar then PLAY GUITAR...not some video game of it. This series makes people look like morons in front of their friends.

NOTHING beats the real thing.