Guitar Hero: Rock Opera

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Dear,Yahtzee,i did not like that video. Not because you shat on America. But because it wasn't bloody funny! Humour of ZP comes not from dick jokes - it comes from surreal visuals accompaniying them and talking really really fast. Though i suppose you know that better than everyone,since you kinda created it.

As for your idea,it's brilliant. Just brilliant. I also thought that you should be able to use Guitar Hero/Rock Band controller for Brütal Legend's guitar solos. That actually sounds even better than Brütal Legend's gameplay - not just drive around,but rock every time you want!

And drummer joke was hilarious. Just sayin'.

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
Sounds like the gameplay would be kind of spastic/chaotic.

Whats the point of having a rhythm game when you are going to play like 30-45 seconds of a song (depending on how long it takes to kill an enemy)?

However, it's a really good concept. Really good.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
You should use the motion sensor (at least the Wii guitar should have one) to let people go Knorkator with the guitar and smash things directly as an emergency measure (e.g. a full circle swing to knock all nearby enemies back but it wears your guitar down and if you use it too much the guitar breaks).

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Kollega said:
Dear,Yahtzee,i did not like that video. Not because you shat on America. But because it wasn't bloody funny! Humour of ZP comes not from dick jokes - it comes from surreal visuals accompaniying them and talking really really fast. Though i suppose you know that better than everyone,since you kinda created it.
In the words of Yahtzee himself "There's a little more to it than that!"

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
This is what Brütal Legend should have been more like. Not that RTS stuff.

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
Holy freakin' christ. Call up Tim Schafer right now, because I smell a brutally awesome DLC in the works. Brutal Hero....or Guitar Legend...Or Brutal legendary guitar legend of brutal hero-ness...of legend. Yis.

Aug 25, 2009
That sounds like possibly the most awesome game/idea/thing ever. I wopuld actually play that, and enjoy it.

KDR_11k said:
You should use the motion sensor (at least the Wii guitar should have one) to let people go Knorkator with the guitar and smash things directly as an emergency measure (e.g. a full circle swing to knock all nearby enemies back but it wears your guitar down and if you use it too much the guitar breaks).
Yahtzee does not promote the Wii in any shape or form. Thus I predict ruin for your Yahtzee inspired Wii game.

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
I'd buy this. But the controls would have to be refined the point of insanity for it to be a viable game (granted the whole "strum notes" idea doesn't need polishing but the combat would); the control scheme is too unconventional to allow any sort of mishap.

yanamal

Sep 19, 2007
Hey Yahtzee, I thought you didn't like the sandboxiness trend in games?

Anyway, it would be even cooler if the non-"play a specific song/soundtrack" parts of the game (like driving and stuff) also were rhythm-based. Not sure how exactly, but sort of like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3mRAg_f9LI
or this:
http://www.shadegrowngames.com/2009/11/planck_v0_is_headed_to_the_201.html

42forlife

Aug 31, 2009
Wow, I had the same concept idea when I found out about brutal legend.

Cept the hero was a guitarist who believed he was the new Jimi Hendrix and was struck down for his arrogance and brought to rock heaven where he would battle his way to prove his stuff.

In the end he would die and be sent to Emo Hell to become their king, bring them Rock n Roll, and wage war against the Rock Titans in the sequel.

But agree with the guitar controller is a nice dust collector. I'm getting tired of the classic Guitar Hero set up.