Guitar Hero: Rock Opera

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Instead of two buttons to move back and forth, just have three fretboards streaming down in time with the background music. One primary one, two on either side, faded into the background. Use the D-pad, whammy bar and/or mercury switch to flick between them, or just start playing from them instead of your main board, after a few notes, you jump around the boss to continue unleashing the metals. Also, the game needs to totally be metal themed.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
Wow. I see why you hate fans now Mr. Croshaw.
You type down a totally bonkers game idea, trying to be funny, and all these fanboys lap it up and wish it existed. You are a funny man, and this "idea" was funny, but it would never work. It would be so clunky to play, and the combat sounds stupid and boring. Yet, all of these people would sell their kidney to get it! Hah!

As for the video... I loved it! You are funny when you can use artistic pauses as well. Which means you master both the art of talking really fast and talking really slow :D

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
That sounds like a fucking awesome idea, I would totally buy that, it would be the first time that I would actually enjoy playing fake plastic instruments and not feel like a poser.

And seriously? People took offense to your jokes in the previous video? Theye seriously need to lighten up or get their finger shoved up their ass or something, geez.

Hallow said:
Oh and btw, Americans have the "shitting all over a proud nation" monopolized. Also, PLEASE wear something other than BLACK, it doesn't make you look cool.
I totally disagree, makes him look like a cool member of a van. We musicians tend to go for black as often as we can lol.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
My dear man,

You may not realize the full brilliance of your concept. (The vast majority of the brilliance is realized, no doubt, but allow me to elucidate.)

I loathe guitar hero/rock band. I think them to be perversions of a truly beautiful art. Their gameplay is, fundamentally, pushing buttons when a flashy light tells you to. I am yet to seen a better example of operant condition since the skinner box. At least the rats freed themselves for food, we are doing this for... game grades? Points?

HOWEVER, despite my distaste of that game structure, I think your idea to be a stroke of genius. It ceases to be a whimsical fantasy, attempting to emulate people who have more money than God, and it becomes a game, with a controller, and a *gasp* plot.

In any case, delighted.

Cheers

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
Dude, we have enough QTE games out there, we definitely don't need one using GH controllers, especially with the lame-assed soundtrack that would come with it.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
and as an added gameplay feature, use the slider bar to stroke your lover's skin via a sex minigame and lift the guitar overdrive style for thrus.....okay nevermind, game will never get made anyway but nice idea

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Sounds genius!

The combat seems strikingly similar to quick time events though -- but done well.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
i actually thought Brutal legend was gonna be something like that, (what with it being a mix of Tim Schaffer and Jack Black) but i was disapointed when I read a preview and discovered it wasn't...

EDIT: never bought Brutal Legend and I probably wouldnt buy this if it existed

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
It is a good concept and could be really good, but I thought the same about WET and that turned out to be a buggy tard-goblin. Funny read.

I read it the first time and caught the "circle of 6" part. This sounds like an RTS itself- in that this RTS is Risk (pre-determined locations that you take over and such) It is a good idea for the controller, but I would feel like I am playing "Simon" or a Wii game.