Guitar Hero: Rock Opera

Travan

Sep 11, 2008
What's funny is that the one of the reasons Activision dropped Brutal Legend in the first place is that the suits wanted to incorporate it into the Guitar Hero franchise, plastic instruments and all, and Double Fine refused. Apparently Anglo-Australian misanthropes and souless, franchise-abusing execs think alike.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I would seriously buy this game. Although, I would be interested in seeing how the movement-control scheme would work...

Maybe you could merge a Guitar Hero controller with a Wiimote. So you could turn/swerve by leaning forward with one leg, sort of like the lead-up to an epic guitar solo.

Which will, undoubtedly, be the focus of the game.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
If that's not a great video game idea then Brokencyde is an A-Class faux metal band who should be worshipped as musical saviors.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
There's definitely some potential in this idea. (I post this comment in the same way I would sign a petition).

Biscotti187

Aug 12, 2009
is yahtzee serious or did i just miss the too subtle note of sarcasm of irony?
if not and he is being serious ... really? this is just another amateur idea that will never see the light of day like any number of genius ideas that nearly every gamer has come up with

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
This sounds like a neat idea, making me wonder if the game ever came out, I'd perhaps care to buy the console & CO, but not likely, other then that, it sounds like a scavenging use of the guitar most people already have, so I guess, "why not?"

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Actually, I thought Brütal legend would give the option to use guitar controllers (comes to show how unoriginal game designers are).

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Biscotti187 said:
is yahtzee serious or did i just miss the too subtle note of sarcasm of irony?
if not and he is being serious ... really? this is just another amateur idea that will never see the light of day like any number of genius ideas that nearly every gamer has come up with
It is just another amateur idea because Yahtzee is nothing more. He is an amateur and because of this he can dream.

Pretty much everybody has had an idea for a game but there is a reason why in 99% you don't see a game based on that idea: you don't think it will work/it won't be as good as other games (there is a word for that but I can't remember it. Nirvana or Placeboy syndrom I think).

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
bladester1 said:
If done right, that would be a great game.
That's true, but the trick would be doing it well--otherwise we would end up with another Mirror's Edge, an interesting experiment into new territory which ultimately fell flat on its face.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Sounds fun. though some of the mid-level stuff could use polish (How to move outside of the van, how to manage the side/sub-quests, etc.), but it's a wonderful way to take a seemingly niche controller and employ it in an innovative way. Reminds me of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, that one Gamecube platformer that used the bongo controls, only more awesome. And more awesome than kung fu gorillas is pretty damn awesome.

CMagz

Nov 11, 2009
There's just one thing missing, Yahtzee, and I don't know if its been stated already:

QUICK TIME EVENT!!! :p

btw: Mr jigglephysics was an amazing line.

AndyVale

Mar 18, 2009
Let it be known that I would buy this game if it were to come out. You have 1 pre-order ready and waiting.