Gunpla Battle Royale: Would you play Gunpla battle if it was real?

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
Gunpla Battle is a "hobby" that is very popular in the anime "Gundam Build Fighters". Basically the gist of this is well...you build Gundam models, put them on a special arena in which this arena is used to animate the models as well as you control your Gundam model with a holographic control panel and the Gundam models battle each other! Pretty awesome right, and this type of thing would be even more awesome if Gunpla Battle existed in the real world. so, would you play Gunpla Battle if Gunpla Battle actually existed and what kind of Gundam model would you used to battle with?

I honestly would not know which Gundam I would use in Gunpla Battle. There are so many to choose from I would not know where to start!

Captcha: Two hands-how strangely appropriate.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Considering that I do build Gundam model in real life, HELL YES!!!

Granted my skills are nowhere near to the standard used in the show (I tend to leave big trim mark and I used model paints to mostly paint the panel lining instead of the Gundam markers). If Gunpla battle were real then I would increase my skill at model making and paiting!

That being said, picking my model is easy. Out of my Gundam model collection I supposed I would picked my Claunche Custom as my main because it's my newest model I've built thus the paintjob on it is more impressive compared to my older models.

That's what my look like but with the panel painted black

Since it look like they can have more than one model to do battle with (well spare/ replacement if something happend to the main model) my other selections to picked are-

Granted the one I got is the GN particle version (glossy pink on the white parts) since it was a gift from my bro who clearly doesn't know what my taste are in Gundam model (I would of picked the normal version)
(Again my models look nowhere near that good to the photo except the ones that look like that came out of the box, my resemble more like that but with black paints.)

Outisde of the current models that you can get in real life (since the anime they have models that doesn't exist yet), I would also want an GuAIZ or GuAIZ 2 (when the hell are they going to make them into HG models???)!

Also yes, I do got some 1/100 / Master Grade but I'm pretty sure they are using the HG models.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'd prefer the system used in Beginning G to Gundam Build Fighters since, you know, you're not really putting your plamos at risk.

The only models I've ever made are a Freedom and Justice, but as far as what I'd want to use, I'd probably go for Strike Noir or Crossbone Gundam. I'm actually also quite partial to the Union Flag ('Murica!).

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Not really all that familiar with Gundam. Not specific names or types anyway. I did really enjoy Gundam Breaker on the PS3 though. It's basically a Gunpla simulator made into an action game.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Credossuck said:
yes. yes. yes. my custom destroy would murder all. . .
I would think that my 00 Quanta or Strike Freedom can outmaneuver you and kill you.

That game sounds awesome but the issue is that it would be difficult to do some of more complicated but famous stuff like funnels/bits. It's complicated enough to try to coordinate three dimensional movement with the two joystick and pedals model and do the quick movements and reactions from the show. I can't imagine the AI needed to direct the funnels to actually be optimal

Regardless, we used to have a battletech simulator arcade game so refitting it for the quicker movement of a gundam could be possible

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Dead Century said:
Not really all that familiar with Gundam. Not specific names or types anyway. I did really enjoy Gundam Breaker on the PS3 though. It's basically a Gunpla simulator made into an action game.
If you like gundam games and don't mind japanese, there is Gundam Extreme vs. Full Burst

It currently is the most played arcade game in Japan (an entire section in Taito HEY was filled with around 20 cabinets) and now has a console release.

Its controls are based on quick dodges, closing the distance and then cancelling certain moves into specials

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Izanagi009 said:
Dead Century said:
If you like gundam games and don't mind japanese, there is Gundam Extreme vs. Full Burst

It currently is the most played arcade game in Japan (an entire section in Taito HEY was filled with around 20 cabinets) and now has a console release.

Its controls are based on quick dodges, closing the distance and then cancelling certain moves into specials
Not to mention, the language barrier is negligible :) Anyone can pick this game and have fun with it. Got mine last week, and can't stop playing with Reborns, Gerbera Tetra and Duel Assault Shroud :D

On-Topic:
I was so pumped while watching Reiji/Sei vs Fellini's fight. That entire fight was a love letter to Gundam and Gunpla lovers. We poured our soul into building our gunpla, and nothing would be better than see them in action ;)

Korrag4

Jun 26, 2013
I'm personally working on customizing a ReZel in Zeta colors, so that might be my main flyer in a Gunpla Battle.
Then again, RG Justice is a pretty tempting option too. Or how about that Beginning coming in the Mail? Then again, I did just finish an AGE-1 Spallow.

Hahah, needless to say I'd be pretty excited about a GPB system, Models are just how I pass time so I'd really love something that lets me express the effort I put into my building. Plus I figure it'd be more fun than Gundam Breaker which was cool but ultimately just reflected the grindiness of Dynasty Warrior with a pinch of originality and customization, although getting the parts for customization plunged right back into grinding.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Grenge Di Origin said:
So, anyone who's watched and kept up with Gundam Battle currently, is it still good so far, or has it degenerated into a generic shonen tournament anime?
Honestly the last couple of episodes had been pure awesome (battle wise) since it's now gotten to the top 16 finals so at the moment they are one on one battles.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I would love to pilot The....
or

All fine machines. Though I haven't been enjoying the show I do enjoy the idea of being able to battle using Gundams and their awesome model form Gunpla.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
[/spoiler]
(Again my models look nowhere near that good to the photo except the ones that look like that came out of the box, my resemble more like that but with black paints.)

Outisde of the current models that you can get in real life (since the anime they have models that doesn't exist yet), I would also want an GuAIZ or GuAIZ 2 (when the hell are they going to make them into HG models???)!

Also yes, I do got some 1/100 / Master Grade but I'm pretty sure they are using the HG models.
That is some fine taste in MS you got there. Do you prefer HG or Master Grade?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
BlumiereBleck said:
Scarim Coral said:
[/spoiler]

That is some fine taste in MS you got there. Do you prefer HG or Master Grade?
HG since they're cheaper and quicker to make and paint. Master Grade is better quality but as since I've already mention my building and painting skill, I tend to wreak most of my MG models so it feel abit of a waste buying them if my skill cannot make it a worth while purchase. At the moment my MG MK2 Gundam Titan version and Strike Noair Gundam are still intact (the darker colour scheme does hide the details and markings abit).

Granted this doesn't mean I am put off with MG models, I'm just more selected with it come to MG models since I want to buy the Master Grade Buster Gundam next (that was the first 1/100 model I've bought so I want to buy that scale again in Master Grade glory).

KarmaFTW

Jun 24, 2014
Of it were real, hell yes!I think I'd go with my very first model,Gundam Exia repair 2 (with custom colours and maybe the kickass cloak like the repair 1) or maybe I'd make a completely original model...