Guy Dumps Girl Over Firefly, Makes Music Video

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Guy Dumps Girl Over Firefly, Makes Music Video

Today's life rule: if your significant other doesn't like Firefly, then it's time to dump them. Oh, and make a music video out of it.

We've all been in this situation: we meet someone, go on a date, sparks fly, and then try to share our favorite nerdy TV show/movie with them. For me, said movie is The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. For Mikey Mason, it was <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B0000AQS0F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299695784&sr=8-1>Firefly, and his girlfriend didn't like it. So he dumped her, wrote a song about it, and filmed a music video.

The song tells about how Squedge's girlfriend was, for lack of a better term, perfect: She looked like a supermodel, had a good job, liked comic books and videogames, "wears steampunk lingerie", but her lack of love for Joss Whedon's Firefly was apparently a deal breaker (particularly how she didn't cry when Wash died). As a result, Mason dumped her and kicked her out of his house.

It's hard to tell if this story is really true or not. though commentary that accompanies the video implies that it (mostly) is. The song is kinda cute, but I'm really hoping that he made the situation up. I mean, dumping someone that awesome simply over a TV show seems like something only a soulless member of the Alliance would do.

Source: Mikey Mason via <a href=http://io9.com/#!5779980/man-dumps-girlfriend-because-she-hates-firefly-writes-song-about-it>io9

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
This made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Wow, there's somebody else in the world that didn't care for Firefly. Obviously, this woman is my soulmate.

She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Story is funny buuuut I didn't like his voice.

I can't judge neither of them though. I don't know Firefly. :<

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
BlindTom said:
Steampunk Lingerie.
I'm ambivalent. It sounds sexy in theory, but Victorian undergarments were not designed to thrill.
Th inclusion of steam is an even more daunting prospect.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Uhh. The girl I like is way more religious than I am...

SO I MUST MAKE FUN OF HER ON THE INTERNEEETETTT HAHAAHA what an idiot.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
I love Firefly.
But if half the stuff in this song is true, he is an asshole and a fool.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I feel that it is my nerdy duty to point out that Wash didn't technically die in the Firefly series (shut up it's not a spoiler if it's in the OP).

That being said, it's a cool song. I also hope the guy made the situation up though (or at least had other things to dump her over).

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Luckily my girlfriend loves Firefly, but refuses to finish the series with me because the undying void that's left after. WHYYY FOX.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
I hope this is just a joke and he did not dump her because of Firefly...because if he did then he is a fool

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
vansau said:
For me, said movie is The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.
Oh god yes I love that movie.

OT: Meh, this is kinda... stupid.

Oh no, you don't like a series that I do? THIS IS OVER. Also, I'm writing a song about your poor poor taste in fiction.

...that's just petty. Jeez.

And in the likely case that this is a joke, well... Meh. Kinda stupid anyway.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
vansau" post="7.269583.10345759 said:
It's hard to tell if this story is really true or not./quote]

Really though? I think it's blindingly obvious that it's a joke.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
It was a great show... but to dump someone for it (...where is the love?) just isn't right. Well, she'll be probably better off without that moron anyways. (If you'll consider to diss Deadwood however...:p) Nah.. He'll probably have enough time in his hands to apply for a job as dictator in some North-African country now where opinions are dust in the wind..:S