guy mails 7 years of bottle caps to Bethesda for Fallout 4...

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
A member of the online Meme site 9-gag has been saving bottle caps for 7 years) after becoming a fan with fallout 3... and is now mailing them to Bethesda in hopes of them giving him a preorder for fallout 4

weirdest stunt ever? and will it work>

Original post w/ photos: http://9gag.com/gag/aDm0mMB

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Fair play, great idea in all honesty. If I were them I'd go a step further and include him in the game as some type of nutjob you have to blow away.

He deserves a copy of the game that's for sure. They just have to make an in-game plotline to make it clear that anyone doing it again in future won't get the same.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'd imagine that Bethesda will at least get a kick out of it and may even do something nice because of it (e.g. put the box in their office, make an easter egg, or something like that). Whether or not they accept as payment for a game is another matter, but it sure would make this story better.

Of course, then they'd have to give the disclaimer about this being a one-time deal. Otherwise, they'll be swimming in bottle caps in eight years when Fallout 5 is announced.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Now that's dedication. This is really awesome, I hope they send this dude a copy of the game.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Danbo Jambo said:
Fair play, great idea in all honesty. If I were them I'd go a step further and include him in the game as some type of nutjob you have to blow away.

He deserves a copy of the game that's for sure. They just have to make an in-game plotline to make it clear that anyone doing it again in future won't get the same.
my thoughts exactly i mean Nintendo did a offer of bananas for the last DK game and that was like for the first 500 copies surely Bethesda can give one copy out for caps

BrokenCycle

Mar 31, 2011
http://www.examiner.com/article/don-t-throw-metal-bottle-caps-away-they-are-worth-cash-on-ebay

Well if this thread is to be believed, some people pay for bottlecaps, so on the off chance than Bethesda don't give him a copy of the game, he could take the those bottlecaps and turn them into pre-war money so he could purchase a copy.

although the guy does derseve kudos points. When Fallout 4 was announced I saw a lot of the "Shut up and take my bottlecaps" memes, but this guy actually did it.

Jan 12, 2012
MarsAtlas said:
2,240 caps in seven years. Thats only 320 caps a year, less than one cap a day. That is well below the poverty line. It would take you two years to save up enough for a Chinese Assault Rifle with five magazines of ammunition! How is a person supposed to survive a super mutant attack on a budget like that? The wasteland needs minimum wage laws! And where is President Eden when you need him? Capped by some snot-nosed teenager and his mutt. Typical politician. This is why you can't trust pre-war overlords. The Master, Robert House, all of them flake out on you and get murdered by some waster whenever you need them the most. Vote for change! Vote for Dave!
Oh, please, it's that kind of namby-pamby welfare state nonsense that got us all irradiated in the first place.

Back in my day, when everything was isometric and had colours other than brown and grey, we were willing to roll up our sleeves and work for our money. Anyone with gumption and a bit of Unarmed could go out, beat up a Feral Ghoul, take some odds and ends from nearby boxes, and be home before the Billie Holiday tapes were on. There's plenty of options out there for a hard-working person, so long as they're willing to get their hands dirty with the blood of countless hundreds of radioactive monsters and cannibals.

I tell you, things were better under King Tom. THERE was a leader willing to stand on his principles.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I now no longer feel a little stupid for having started collecting any bottle cap I find. Still gotta admire his dedication. And I also hope they do something for this guy, but make it abundantly clear that it they wont accept it again.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Thunderous Cacophony said:
MarsAtlas said:
2,240 caps in seven years. Thats only 320 caps a year, less than one cap a day. That is well below the poverty line. It would take you two years to save up enough for a Chinese Assault Rifle with five magazines of ammunition! How is a person supposed to survive a super mutant attack on a budget like that? The wasteland needs minimum wage laws! And where is President Eden when you need him? Capped by some snot-nosed teenager and his mutt. Typical politician. This is why you can't trust pre-war overlords. The Master, Robert House, all of them flake out on you and get murdered by some waster whenever you need them the most. Vote for change! Vote for Dave!
Oh, please, it's that kind of namby-pamby welfare state nonsense that got us all irradiated in the first place.

Back in my day, when everything was isometric and had colours other than brown and grey, we were willing to roll up our sleeves and work for our money. Anyone with gumption and a bit of Unarmed could go out, beat up a Feral Ghoul, take some odds and ends from nearby boxes, and be home before the Billie Holiday tapes were on. There's plenty of options out there for a hard-working person, so long as they're willing to get their hands dirty with the blood of countless hundreds of radioactive monsters and cannibals.

I tell you, things were better under King Tom. THERE was a leader willing to stand on his principles.
*tipshat*

PinkiePyro said:
Danbo Jambo said:

my thoughts exactly i mean Nintendo did a offer of bananas for the last DK game and that was like for the first 500 copies surely Bethesda can give one copy out for caps
I didn't realize that with DK! Thanks for posting.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
It would be funny if they decide to give the person a reward was named Festus, (new Vegas reference)