Guys (or girls I guess): How would you react to this?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I would think that hes joking, so i would join the 'joke' with a similar comment and it would get awkward pretty fast.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Theres a guy who practically stole my girlfriend off me and I subsequently tended to avoid them both for a while, ironically now there some of the best friends iv got.

Pushing the irony even further he (while pretty drunk) the other day offered to jerk me off. I knew he was bi but it still surprised me a bit, didnt quite know how to react and only turned him down without serious thought because he was drunk.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
matt87_50 said:
ReservoirAngel said:
So me and the boyfriend were...

...I've had a friend I didn't even think was into dudes confess to thinking I was massively cute and...
wait so I'm still confused as to exactly what is going on here... from the above, you're a gay guy, right?
Yes, I am a gay guy. Don't worry, you're not the first to get confused and I doubt you'll be the last.

the D0rk One

Apr 29, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
the D0rk One said:
What kind of couple are you?
One that has a tendency to talk about weird and awkward shit.

I feel I should clarify here: all these confessions of crushes happened BEFORE me and him started dating.
Your post made me think you're a gay couple, and I couldn't follow the rest.

To answer, I bounce between feeling complimented and feeling sorry for the person about to be (gently, imo, rejected). Unless they're too aggressive. Then I respond with my own brand of violence.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
the D0rk One said:
ReservoirAngel said:
the D0rk One said:

I feel I should clarify here: all these confessions of crushes happened BEFORE me and him started dating.

To answer, I bounce between feeling complimented and feeling sorry for the person about to be (gently, imo, rejected). Unless they're too aggressive. Then I respond with my own brand of violence.
We are a gay couple. I really need to find a way, short of prefacing every post with "I'm a dude who likes dudes", that lets people know that to stop all the confusion.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, okay, probably not. Might give 'em an odd look, say I'm not interested.

PinochetIsMyBro

Aug 21, 2010
"Nope."

Fortunately I doubt it will ever come up, as my feelings on gays are well known amongst my circle of pals(you can be gay all you want, just don't do it around me).

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
I'd laugh because he'd be joking.

In seriousness, I'd force him to admit he's joking. Even if he's not. FORCE HIM.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
My reaction:

"Well that's flattering, let me call the wife."
*dial phone*
"Honey, is gay sex still cheating?"
"Uh-huh."
"Uh-huh."
"He was asking."
"Okay, thanks."
"Kiss the baby, I'll be home in a hour or so."
"Sorry, she says no."

Put the rejection off on someone else, make it slightly less awkward.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
That's a strange question. The OP didn't say anything about the looks nor personality of the person in question. Isn't that was decides whether you want to engage in a relationship or not?

Or am I missing some factor here...

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
I would reply, as I did last time, that I am uncertain what to do about it, thank them for the kind words, then apologize for not being able to pursue a relationship with them. Then I'd ask how it would affect our future relations.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Since you're already in a relationship, I assume you're not interested in reciprocating the feelings of your friend. If you were single, how would you feel about this person? That may be the real question you're asking yourself. Dating friends can be tricky. On one hand, you already know that you can get along well in a certain context - none of that awkward "getting to know someone" stage - at least superficially. On the other, do you want to risk losing the friendship?

Be flattered, I'd say. Thank them for their interest, but that since you're in a relationship... Sorry, but no thank you. If they press, we'll that's a good indication right there that a relationship might not be a good idea.

I assume you're not living a romantic comedy where you are with someone who is totally wrong for you, and your best bud has been secretly in love with you for years, and has just now decided to work up the courage to tell you how they really feel - perhaps to hopefully stop you from making a life-altering bad decision. But... if you are, then heck - trade up.

the D0rk One

Apr 29, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
the D0rk One said:
ReservoirAngel said:
the D0rk One said:

We are a gay couple. I really need to find a way, short of prefacing every post with "I'm a dude who likes dudes", that lets people know that to stop all the confusion.
Aaah, so it was obvious in your post.
Well... then... uh I dunno, this is weird n all that :p

I'm guessing if you're truly OK with what your sexuality is it's the same. For a gay person to be hit on by a straight and vice-versa.

But...

Basically, how would you react if one of your same-sex friends confessed to having a really strong crush on you, or even loving you?
Mmmmnope, it's not confusing after all. I see what you did there.
Interesting to see how a gay person reacts to this situation after all... I never thought gay people are troubled when a person of the opposite sex hits on them. I always thought gays are less uncertain about their sexuality.

the D0rk One

Apr 29, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Same way I'd react to someone of the opposite sex admitting they had feelings for me, by which I mean it would depend on my personal attraction to them (on all levels), and my relationship status at the time in question. I'm married now, so doesn't really matter who they are. :)
Daaaamn, your hubby is a lucky basterd then :p

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
the D0rk One said:
I never thought gay people are troubled when a person of the opposite sex hits on them.
I can't speak for all gays but I get freaked the fuck out when a girl hits on me. I dunno how to process the situation and end up babbling like a fool. Even if she's really hot, I can't handle the entire premise of what's happening and my brain just tries to force me out of the situation.

It's a reason I'm envious of Jordan (my boyfriend). Whenever a girl hits on him he's just totally in his element, being all charming and letting them down gently. Even buying them a drink sometimes as a 'thanks but no thanks' kind of gesture. The suave bastard.