H.P. Lovecraft Teaching Sex Ed is, Well, Terrifying

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Err... not to offend, but were you slightly drunk while typing this? "provided you've got teacher..." "... is a short film takes the normal scenario..." Just sayin'. Never had you pegged as the type typo... I mean typo type.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
darthotaku said:
Yep that's pretty much how I remember sex ed.
The "caught with your pants down while having made a pearly white mess" part, by any chance? :)

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
This is the more realistic representation of what happen when they teach me this.
Oh , the faces of my classmates , shocked of the horror that was shown in what was going to be a normal class.
Ohhh, even to this day the scars that were made on are still on pain.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Ah, such a monument to sexual repression.

Personally, my sex education consisted of the same shock STD pictures they show sailors, followed by a guest speaker who put a condom on a banana and mimicked fellatio on it... then she cut the condom up the side and mimicked cunnilingus on it. Very informative, but... bah. Who uses a condom for oral?

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
That was really good actually, very well done.

Not particularly creepy but utterly gripping.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
Manji187 said:
darthotaku said:
Yep that's pretty much how I remember sex ed.
The "caught with your pants down while having made a pearly white mess" part, by any chance? :)
no, the "unleashing horrors beyond human comprehension" part.
the "caught with my pants down" happened in french class.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, that was certainly unique. One to hold in reserve in the oft chance I need to really throw someone off...:p

Lovesfool

Jan 28, 2009
Quite nice, actually.

They really did accomplish what they set out to do. It does seem like Lovecraft and it is both funny and strange at the same time.

Don't know if it shows that they are capable of a full length, feature film, but it is a most enjoyable short, for sure.

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
I'a Vagina Fhtagn!

That was...amusing. It was pretty rough to get through, I'll be honest. But I muscled through it, and I have seen things that no man should see. And to think that once I could not see, beyond the veil of our reality...to those that dwell underneath.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
thisbymaster said:
The scariest part is that conservatives believe that sex education is just this.
Fap material?

I kid. Sort of.... but on topic, this was a little on the creepy side. To think, i allow the horrid beasts that lurk between mine and my girlfriends legs to communicate, my beast feeding--
...no, wait, going to far there. I feel sex ed is a necessary evil. I've always been one to say that the best way to raise a child is to scar them mentally and prepare them for the real world, and to it's credit this movie does an excellent job. I say make it mandatory education!

GGZeta

Mar 11, 2011
Fantastic, utterly and completely. Truly in the vision of Lovecraft, and steeped in lovely dry humor. Also, I love how the Sex-Ed teacher drew the Vagina HUGE and the Penis very small in the corner.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Oddly, I've always thought that he could have gotten a lot better mileage out of a visual medium; true, he spent a lot of time describing things that the mind apparently cannot comprehend, but if you can't represent it visually you sure can't represent it textually, regardless of whether or not you outdo Homer in your long-windedness.

To see something along those lines, if anyone doesn't believe it can be done, dig up some of the works of Junji Ito. His 'Mystery of the Amigara Fault' became a minor meme a while back for its absurdly horrifying conclusion, but it barely scratched the surface of the unfettered madness that Ito can produce. Even a quick Google Images search is probably enough to make Cthulhu seem as relatively silly as he always has been.

I mean, honestly, it's just Winged Mind Flayer Goku. They make plush toys of it. Move on.