H.P. Lovecraft Teaching Sex Ed is, Well, Terrifying

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm totally in favour of the narrator's style, would it really have had the same effect, with a calm, warm, Morgan Freeman voiceover? He sounds slightly unhinged, and it fits rather well.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Venereus said:
You totally missed the point. Asperger's or just overly nerdy for your own good? Seriously, we all know that, it just doesn't matter.
Ooh, you're playing my game now... good... it's nice to have a sparring partner.

Maybe a tiny tinge of the former, but nothing significant. Just a bit nerdy, very bored that day, oh and possessor of a Biology degree. That and a heartfelt opinion that if you're going to put a lot of work into something based around a school lesson (and make it creepy for all the wrong reasons to boot), you should at least try to get it right. It's not like it's difficult or anything. The information is out there just a click, or a flick of the textbook away.

But, I do get sort of your point, and standing back from it ... it's also supposed to be being recounted from memory by the kid in the centre of it all. Given that he wouldn't have been giving his full attention to the actual academic stuff, some details may get fudged.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Venereus said:
You totally missed the point. Asperger's or just overly nerdy for your own good? Seriously, we all know that, it just doesn't matter.
Ooh, you're playing my game now... good... it's nice to have a sparring partner.

Maybe a tiny tinge of the former, but nothing significant. Just a bit nerdy, very bored that day, oh and possessor of a Biology degree. That and a heartfelt opinion that if you're going to put a lot of work into something based around a school lesson (and make it creepy for all the wrong reasons to boot), you should at least try to get it right. It's not like it's difficult or anything. The information is out there just a click, or a flick of the textbook away.

But, I do get sort of your point, and standing back from it ... it's also supposed to be being recounted from memory by the kid in the centre of it all. Given that he wouldn't have been giving his full attention to the actual academic stuff, some details may get fudged.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Venereus said:

acsoundwave

Jul 18, 2010
I know that I'm completely missing the point of the video, but the entire female reproductive system was shown(uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes) on the chalkboard, not just the VAGINA.

Just sayin'.... :)

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
acsoundwave said:
I know that I'm completely missing the point of the video, but the entire female reproductive system was shown(uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes) on the chalkboard, not just the VAGINA.
Well, if you're going to be pedantic about it, the FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM and MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM (it's also not just the penis, professor) don't quite roll of the tongue as names of eldritch deities sh-... A.. A.. *A-CTHULHU!* Sorry about that, damn allergies!
Where was I? Ah, yes! To put it short, when it comes to cosmic abominations you can have either poetic beauty or scientific accuracy, not both.

Gidgetimer

Apr 27, 2011
Hectix777 said:
Gidgetimer said:
Hectix777 said:
H.P. Lovecraft? I.E. The inventor/inspiration of Lovecraftian horror, of which it his his namesake? They do know the Lovecraftian wrote books on C'thulu, an ancient tentacle faced squid god, right? So, go ahead and quote me if you figure this out, tell me what you get when you cross sex Ed and C'thulu. See where it gets freaky?
Hmmmm La Blue Girl for sex ed interesting concept.
First: EWWWWWWWWW, YOU SICK SONOFABITCH I GOOGLED THAT IM NEVER GONNA GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?
Third: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Sorry thought that was what you were driving at and anyway I put the wikipedia link in for those who were curious but didn't want the full effect not my responsibility what you do in your off time.

so on another note "La Blue Girl" is in fact a bad idea for sex ed but that video was pure win and captured the Lovecraftian voice spot on IMO

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure that if sex ed was taught at a young age, and kids were led to believe that they had a horrible beast within them, under-age sex would perish.

Until they started fighting amongst themselves to see which beast was superior.
That would be... messy.