Habits You Got From Video Games?

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Ray De Ation said:
Yeah, Assassin's Creed II is so immersive you can't help but do this. I personally find myself looking longingly at bell-towers and steeples- not for architectural value, but for footholds...
Holy shit, that makes two of us.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
I quicksave before doing anything dangerous.

And shout STEN!! if I think I'm gonna get my ass kicked..

..honestly, they're just games.. they don't affect behavior. (quicksaves before flames arrive)

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
I have chinook's going over where I live all the time and I always immediatly think 'friend or foe' and hit the deck. I cant help it, too much COD4 :/

jultub

Jan 18, 2010
When I look for something in my room (which is quite messy) my fingers sometimes flinches into the "ctrl + f" position, which must look really weird if someone sees me, luckily I've avoided detection so far :p

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
When I go to type, my hand will automatically go to WASD as opposed to ASDF.

...That's about it. Huh.

TurkeyProphet

Aug 18, 2009
After playing a lot of Age of Empires I'd actually find situation in life where I'd be thinking, time to load and try again.

Also after playing Metal Gear Solid for a long spell I'd sneak to a lot of places and avoid making too much noise.

On a non-gamer note, I often find myself trying to Ctrl+F documents I have to read in class.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Thomas-101 said:
People might normaly do this but I now make a habit of making sure that the door is always closed behind me. I have also quoted Warcraft 3 sometimes.
Locking the door is common sense, isn't it?
(also Karthus' ulti is gay)

can't think of an actual habit i got from playing games, though.
Oh, maybe tapping my fingers really fast sometimes, when bored (Guitar Hero).

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
I find that if I'm in public and standing still for a period of time I start to fidget like a character would, even do it when I sit down.

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Every time I come off an RPG after playing for ages, it takes me a few minutes to remember that the people I am talking to aren't scripted and I'm not restricted to dialogue selections... I kinda look downwards for the choices...probably not healthy...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
I developed pyromania...........
.........what?
toasty!
OP
looking for a "F" key when heading somewhere dark
and I once woke up with a FO3 HUd after playing FO3 for nearly a day it also displeyed a message something with Fallout 3 in it

qaztim

Feb 17, 2010
silent hill made me memorize anything super fast and im really paranoid damn you Silent hill 3.
huming game tunes, quoting lines from games,i played yo much persona 4 so whenever i learn a friends secret i think SOCIAL LINK LV * Reached

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
jubosu said:
Being immune to Caffeine
Long hours of World of Warcraft and Left for dead kinda pushed that along

Being able to drink four monsters and immediately go to sleep..is not a good thing
maybe you should switch to cafaeine peelz

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
AVeryDrunkPanda said:
Also, while not entirely game related, I have a habit of tapping my Thumb and End fingers to a beat.. sometimes to a theme from a game, usually when I'm impatient or waiting for a map to load.
I do that very often, ever since I started gaming I can't keep my fingers still for more then a minute.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I eat cockroach meat, mole and rat meat, iguana's on sticks, iguana stew, my repair and sneak skills have increased and im sort of a Gun Nut now =\

on a serious note im more paranoid in dark area's were i cant see anything, and im very persuasive in certain situations. =)

Silver_Shade

Mar 3, 2010
Iznat said:
When I go to type, my hand will automatically go to WASD as opposed to ASDF.
I do this as well.

Playing too many RPGs has left me with a habit of attempting to press the 'M' key whenever I feel lost. I've also started sarcastically muttering "This should be easy enough" when I have to do something I don't want to do.